Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk out! 22:03 - Oct 19 with 6934 viewsjojaca

Just thought id be the first one to officially start this thread. Its just an over reaction to another disappointing performance.

Even when you know, you never know?

Monk out! on 22:10 - Oct 19 with 3378 viewsBrynmill_Jack

It's becoming a worry that's for sure

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Monk out! on 22:15 - Oct 19 with 3319 viewsicecoldjack

He needs to stop trying to re invent the wheel and stick with our core principles it really is that easy !

We saw the differences when Siggy and Ki were on the field, sometimes Monk is maybe a bit too smart for his own good.

One thing is for sure, i think he knows he fooked up big time tonight, we need to get back to basics.

All this talk of having more than one way to play and all ive really seen apart from one or two exceptions is long ball out of defence football. Passing it square for 5 mins then chipping it up to the striker or winger, we are better than that and so is Monk.
Monk out! on 22:16 - Oct 19 with 3307 viewsjojaca

Monk out! on 22:10 - Oct 19 by Brynmill_Jack

It's becoming a worry that's for sure

The situation is a little more uneasy because of the availability of a certain Mr Rodgers.

Monk out! on 22:16 - Oct 19 with 3303 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monk out! on 22:15 - Oct 19 by icecoldjack

He needs to stop trying to re invent the wheel and stick with our core principles it really is that easy !

We saw the differences when Siggy and Ki were on the field, sometimes Monk is maybe a bit too smart for his own good.

One thing is for sure, i think he knows he fooked up big time tonight, we need to get back to basics.

All this talk of having more than one way to play and all ive really seen apart from one or two exceptions is long ball out of defence football. Passing it square for 5 mins then chipping it up to the striker or winger, we are better than that and so is Monk.

Our problem is simple. We always attack at semi walking pace

Monk out! on 22:16 - Oct 19 with 3292 viewslovejuicejack

He'll be gone by Christmas if it carries on like this
Monk out! on 22:22 - Oct 19 with 3193 viewsjennierlim

It's quite easy. You play your best players.

Barrow starting in a team with Ki and Siggy on the bench.

it's actually laughable.
Monk out! on 22:23 - Oct 19 with 3168 viewsicecoldjack

Monk out! on 22:16 - Oct 19 by Brynmill_Jack

Our problem is simple. We always attack at semi walking pace

Certainly a bit too often these days, Montero turning stopping and just chipping it in with no pace does my head in at times as well, not sure if thats because there is nobody in the box or what.

Our problem is that we are trying to move it quick by hitting long balls but once we win it in the final 3 rd we start passing it square and have little or no guile at the right times.

It just all seems a bit wrong at the moment. Our sparkling football is eroding away, yet teams like Stoke are evolving into us and getting points by doing it, begs the question, why evolve the style if the style is working for other teams.
Monk out! on 22:24 - Oct 19 with 3146 viewsLeonisGod

Monk out! on 22:22 - Oct 19 by jennierlim

it's actually laughable.

I think he's trying to find a solution to the Ayew problem, who doesn't look anywhere near a winger.
Login to get fewer ads

Monk out! on 22:35 - Oct 19 with 3030 views3swan

Monk out! on 22:24 - Oct 19 by LeonisGod

I think he's trying to find a solution to the Ayew problem, who doesn't look anywhere near a winger.

He's not a winger but does play better when ghosting into positions than playing more centrally. How that fits into a balanced starting eleven I don't know
Monk out! on 22:36 - Oct 19 with 3020 viewsBrynmill_Jack

it's actually laughable.

You can't blame Barrow for Ki being left out. He is our only genuine right winger

Monk out! on 22:36 - Oct 19 with 3023 viewsjojaca

It does not help they have loaned out our only natural right winger. Got to start Naughton in front of Angel. Fernandez is just a liability and would like to see forgotten man Jordi Amat given a run. I would like to see the midfield trio of Cork/Ki and Sigurdsson to see if we are more fluid without Shelvey and I don't think we have much choice to stick Ayew on the wing.

Monk out! on 22:37 - Oct 19 with 3009 viewsGeoffThom

There are manager's who get sacked for less of a wining run, my view is lose sat and he could be gone especially with Rogers knocking about
Monk out! on 22:39 - Oct 19 with 2946 viewsMatlock_Jack

it's actually laughable.

Strange, that's for sure.
Monk out! on 22:40 - Oct 19 with 2934 viewsbermudajack

The Ayew problem is so easy to fix, drop Gomis and stick Ayew up top, bring Gylfi back in the hole..
What worries me most is, some managers find it easy to manage when results are going well, but the really good managers know how to turn around a 4 game winless streak by nicking a 1-0 win at home when needed...

Anyone know where we can find one of those?

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Monk out! on 22:40 - Oct 19 with 2934 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Rodgers back as manager, Monk assistant, Laudrup as director of Parisian weekend breaks and Pascoe putting the cones out.

Dream team. LMA awards like confetti.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Monk out! on 22:42 - Oct 19 with 2906 viewsJackfath

I cant believe what I am reading.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Monk out! on 22:43 - Oct 19 with 2893 viewsshandyjack

Who would you bring in?
Ps. In my opinion the board won't sack Monk unless absolutely necessary and I highly doubt they'd bring Rodgers back

Poll: Expectation for the season

Monk out! on 22:44 - Oct 19 with 2863 viewslovejuicejack

Monk out! on 22:40 - Oct 19 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Rodgers back as manager, Monk assistant, Laudrup as director of Parisian weekend breaks and Pascoe putting the cones out.

Dream team. LMA awards like confetti.

Ewe missed out Chris o deary
Monk out! on 22:46 - Oct 19 with 2837 viewsGeoffThom

Monk out! on 22:42 - Oct 19 by Jackfath

I cant believe what I am reading.

I'd believe it if I was you, no sentiment in football especially when £160 m is at steak
Monk out! on 22:47 - Oct 19 with 2801 viewslovejuicejack

Monk out! on 22:43 - Oct 19 by shandyjack

Who would you bring in?
Ps. In my opinion the board won't sack Monk unless absolutely necessary and I highly doubt they'd bring Rodgers back

Wouldn't surprise me if they got rodgers back in at all for some reason
Monk out! on 22:49 - Oct 19 with 2783 viewsJackfath

It's also worth noting that many of the poeple in this thread never post when we win. Just saying. It's as if they are waiting for us to lose.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Monk out! on 22:51 - Oct 19 with 2740 viewsshandyjack

Monk out! on 22:49 - Oct 19 by Jackfath

It's also worth noting that many of the poeple in this thread never post when we win. Just saying. It's as if they are waiting for us to lose.

He's talking to you GeoffThom

Poll: Expectation for the season

Monk out! on 22:53 - Oct 19 with 2699 viewsMatlock_Jack

Monk out! on 22:43 - Oct 19 by shandyjack

Who would you bring in?

Not sure I'd want him back TBH. Couldn't swing it (really speaking) when Suarez went.

I appreciate people feel differently about him, but I'm not one of them.

Not sure who I'd bring in, but my faith in Monk is beginning....just beginning, to crumble
Monk out! on 22:54 - Oct 19 with 2673 viewsdailew

Monk out! on 22:51 - Oct 19 by shandyjack

And QuimJuiceJack.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Monk out! on 22:55 - Oct 19 with 2655 viewsGeoffThom

Monk out! on 22:51 - Oct 19 by shandyjack

I've been reading all, and thinking oh it's a blip, now it's not a blip so nothing to post until now
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024