Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man City fans don't like Bony 23:25 - Nov 1 with 5235 viewsDarran

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-boss-manuel-pellegri

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Man City fans don't like Bony on 23:33 - Nov 1 with 3796 viewskarnataka

I never really saw him as a Man City type of player and was surprised that the transfer happened and thought it was all media rumour. I wonder where we'd be in the table if we still had him.
Man City fans don't like Bony on 23:36 - Nov 1 with 3788 viewsicecoldjack

I think most knew it would be a hard move for him. Will needs a run of games to get sharp and he will never really get that at man city.

Can we do a swap deal with him and gomis? ?
Man City fans don't like Bony on 23:49 - Nov 1 with 3744 viewsEvenThisNameIsTaken

Perhaps it's not Bony's fault, but instead Man City's.

Anyone consider the possibility that he was better suited to the Swansea tactics and way of play?

Poll: Goal 2 - scored by who?

Man City fans don't like Bony on 23:56 - Nov 1 with 3737 viewsicecoldjack

Wouldn't argue with that. Bony and siggy were sublime together at times. Both had a great understanding of each others game and wilf knew he was top dog .
Man City fans don't like Bony on 23:57 - Nov 1 with 3737 viewsSwanseajill

Man City fans don't like Bony on 23:49 - Nov 1 by EvenThisNameIsTaken

Anyone consider the possibility that he was better suited to the Swansea tactics and way of play?

Its been mentioned many times on this 'ere site.
Man City fans don't like Bony on 00:21 - Nov 2 with 3701 viewsBanosswan

You did read the comments directly above yours didn't you?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Man City fans don't like Bony on 01:34 - Nov 2 with 3649 viewsEvenThisNameIsTaken

Man City fans don't like Bony on 00:21 - Nov 2 by Banosswan

You did read the comments directly above yours didn't you?

rhetorical

Poll: Goal 2 - scored by who?

Man City fans don't like Bony on 07:49 - Nov 2 with 3451 viewsmonmouth

So they are worried about him not scoring but gave Kolorov the unimportant penalty with the last kick. Rightio.

No doubt the world class 'journalists' at the Mirror picked up on this wonderful piece of managerial genius in their insightful 'analysis'.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Man City fans don't like Bony on 08:08 - Nov 2 with 3427 viewsDafyddHuw

We have a way of play?
Man City fans don't like Bony on 08:09 - Nov 2 with 3423 viewscontroversial_jack

The way of play that we no longer have?
Man City fans don't like Bony on 09:42 - Nov 2 with 3290 viewsSwaneeRiver

It is clear that Man City & Wilf are a bad match.
We should pull out all the stops to get him back here, get Gomis back to being a back up striker
and save our PL status.
Whatever it costs will be worth it to avoid relegation
Man City fans don't like Bony on 10:44 - Nov 2 with 3213 viewsA_Fans_Dad

It is not just the fans that don't like him.
Hardly any of the players pass to him, mostly they pass to Toure who point blank refuses to pass to Wilf.
The only game he got any service was when Toure was off.
Man City fans don't like Bony on 11:43 - Nov 2 with 3144 viewsAquinas

As much as I love him, if he leaves City it won't be back to us. He is too ambitious.

I'd expect him to go to a top team in France who have qualified for Europe if he does leave City.

We also must remember he is 4 years younger than Gomis!!
Man City fans don't like Bony on 11:50 - Nov 2 with 3127 viewsLeonisGod

That's part of the answer. He scored a lot as he played so much football and everything went through him. Or at least that's the way it seemed. But it's not as if he isn't getting chances at City, and he wasn't exactly clinical when he was here. He always needed a few sighters to find his range.
Man City fans don't like Bony on 11:59 - Nov 2 with 3118 viewsClinton

I loved Wilf, but the fact is, he wasn't exactly the most clinical striker for us either. He missed a few chances, but he was invaluable for other aspects of his overall game.
If they wanted an out and out poacher, Bony wasn't their man.
Anyway with 25 million in the bank, we shouldn't care too much.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Man City fans don't like Bony on 12:55 - Nov 2 with 3036 viewsmonmouth

Man City fans don't like Bony on 09:42 - Nov 2 by SwaneeRiver

It is clear that Man City & Wilf are a bad match.
We should pull out all the stops to get him back here, get Gomis back to being a back up striker
and save our PL status.
Whatever it costs will be worth it to avoid relegation

Look into my eyes. Not around the eyes. Into my eyes. We are not going to be relegated with or without Wilfried Bony (who we could never ever afford in a million years even if he wanted to come back).

We've spent our forward money on Gomis, Ayew and Eder. The die is cast, the chips are down, the bet made. Win or lose, they are plan a b and c. Even losing this particular bet will not mean relegation though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Man City fans don't like Bony on 19:16 - Nov 2 with 2733 viewsmorningstar

Man City fans don't like Bony on 12:55 - Nov 2 by monmouth

Look into my eyes. Not around the eyes. Into my eyes. We are not going to be relegated with or without Wilfried Bony (who we could never ever afford in a million years even if he wanted to come back).

We've spent our forward money on Gomis, Ayew and Eder. The die is cast, the chips are down, the bet made. Win or lose, they are plan a b and c. Even losing this particular bet will not mean relegation though.

And it's posts like this that is the reasoning behind you being planetswans poster of the year!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Man City fans don't like Bony on 19:20 - Nov 2 with 2721 viewsjack_the_lad

I definitely think it is worth enquiring if Wilf could /would come back in January, I'm sure Huw would be looking at this, however certainly not worth breaking the bank over.
Man City fans don't like Bony on 19:27 - Nov 2 with 2705 viewsCooperman

He ain't coming back and anyone who thinks he is / would is not thinking straight.

There's a huge list of more established European clubs who he would chose over SCFC. Some of these clubs might not even finish top eight in their respective leagues but they offer a touch more glamour and more importantly £100k a week.

Move on, this ship has sailed.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Man City fans don't like Bony on 19:42 - Nov 2 with 2671 viewsmorningstar

Man City fans don't like Bony on 19:27 - Nov 2 by Cooperman

He ain't coming back and anyone who thinks he is / would is not thinking straight.

There's a huge list of more established European clubs who he would chose over SCFC. Some of these clubs might not even finish top eight in their respective leagues but they offer a touch more glamour and more importantly £100k a week.

Move on, this ship has sailed.

Innit! It's like some believe because he may have failed at Man City we can buy him back for a similar amount that we paid for him originally? Not a chance in hell! It's £20m+ for anyone who wants to take Wilf off Man Citys hands. A fee we cannot afford, and even if we could, he would NEVER be the same player again for us.

Man City fans don't like Bony on 20:38 - Nov 2 with 2571 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Man City fans don't like Bony on 19:42 - Nov 2 by morningstar

Innit! It's like some believe because he may have failed at Man City we can buy him back for a similar amount that we paid for him originally? Not a chance in hell! It's £20m+ for anyone who wants to take Wilf off Man Citys hands. A fee we cannot afford, and even if we could, he would NEVER be the same player again for us.

He does not have the same market value as when he left here as he is not scoring goals.
He is currently rated at around £17.5M
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/wilfried-bony/profil/spieler/81808
Man City fans don't like Bony on 21:04 - Nov 2 with 2527 viewsmorningstar

Man City fans don't like Bony on 20:38 - Nov 2 by A_Fans_Dad

He does not have the same market value as when he left here as he is not scoring goals.
He is currently rated at around £17.5M
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/wilfried-bony/profil/spieler/81808

I didn't say that he had the same market value did i? I actually stated it was considerably less, but more than what we could afford. I said £20m+, you've quoted £17.5m from some website that is no more accurate than FIFA17 or Football manager. Either way, both figures are far and above what we could afford, so thanks for agreeing with me.

Man City fans don't like Bony on 20:23 - Nov 3 with 2184 viewsskippyjack

Daddy Cool

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Man City fans don't like Bony on 20:25 - Nov 3 with 2178 viewsCooperman

Man City fans don't like Bony on 20:23 - Nov 3 by skippyjack

Daddy Cool

To those that think he'll be back... He's one step further away from ever returning.

Sad but true.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Man City fans don't like Bony on 20:27 - Nov 3 with 2171 viewsJackfath

When did he change his name from Boney to Bonnie?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024