Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Online ticketing issue 10:38 - Dec 6 with 2911 viewsPaulHeymanGuy

Bit of a concern just wanted to see what others thought.
I live out of town so couldn't buy my tickets from the stadium. So yesterday I bought online. Bit miffed as an hour later they announced you can buy on the day. So I've paid 7.50 in booking fees. Should the club refund those who purchased online their booking fee
Online ticketing issue on 10:48 - Dec 6 with 2891 viewspioneer

Should they....yes, will they ....no. Its liitle old financially responsible Rochdale. All you can do its store this in your memory bank for the next time.
Online ticketing issue on 11:16 - Dec 6 with 2825 views442Dale

This was brought up yesterday. Will raise it via the Trust and hopefully we'll get a clear answer going forward.

Otherwise we could see more and more fans waiting to avoid paying the fees. If an all-ticket game is then not made pay on the day, the club will miss out on the revenue completely. Should just one person do this, then the process definitely needs looking at.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Online ticketing issue on 11:29 - Dec 6 with 2803 viewsKnowlesy

Online ticketing issue on 11:16 - Dec 6 by 442Dale

This was brought up yesterday. Will raise it via the Trust and hopefully we'll get a clear answer going forward.

Otherwise we could see more and more fans waiting to avoid paying the fees. If an all-ticket game is then not made pay on the day, the club will miss out on the revenue completely. Should just one person do this, then the process definitely needs looking at.

I was just saying the same to a friend of mine, couldn't get to the ground before today so paid whatever extra for an online ticket and then it's announced that I neednt have bothered. Might not seem like a load of money but every little helps and it all adds up
Online ticketing issue on 11:55 - Dec 6 with 2774 views442Dale

Online ticketing issue on 11:29 - Dec 6 by Knowlesy

I was just saying the same to a friend of mine, couldn't get to the ground before today so paid whatever extra for an online ticket and then it's announced that I neednt have bothered. Might not seem like a load of money but every little helps and it all adds up

Leave it with me. Will ask for some feedback by the end of the week.

Online ticketing issue on 12:37 - Dec 6 with 2742 viewsMBoothman

The obvious solution is to scrap the booking fee.

Yes. That IS Sako.

Online ticketing issue on 15:00 - Dec 6 with 2655 views442Dale

Have contacted the Trust:

Good afternoon,

A couple of issues have come up amongst the fanbase in the last week that we would appreciate some feedback on. With the make up of the Trust board as it is, could this be addressed to the benefit of all supporters who may be affected by the situations below? If responses could be up on the Trust site by the end of the week, that would be great. If not, could you give information via the same route as to when a response may appear? Thanks in advance. 

1) what is the situation with fans being searched when going into the ground? Some fans were searched at the Pearl St end before the Port Vale game whereas supporters in other stands were not. At the Bury game one steward at the Sandy Lane turnstiles was searching fans thoroughly, while another let fans past without a second glance. Could there be some communication from the club about the current policy around searching supporters entering the ground with an assurance that there is a consistent approach implemented?

2) with the changes that sometimes occur with all ticket games, specifically fans being told that they will be able to purchase tickets on the day of the game once police agree, could the admin fees incurred for buying online etc be waived? If not, will there be a process in place to refund these supporters in some way?
If not, what plans are in place to ensure those fans who have used these methods before aren't potentially waiting to see if they can pay on the day in the future? Should the police not allow this to happen, the club could miss out on significant revenue. 

Thanks again for your time.

Online ticketing issue on 15:02 - Dec 6 with 2643 viewsscooby

You'll find it is to pay for the website and ticketing solution.
Online ticketing issue on 15:14 - Dec 6 with 2607 views1mark1

Online ticketing issue on 15:00 - Dec 6 by 442Dale

Have contacted the Trust:

Good afternoon,

A couple of issues have come up amongst the fanbase in the last week that we would appreciate some feedback on. With the make up of the Trust board as it is, could this be addressed to the benefit of all supporters who may be affected by the situations below? If responses could be up on the Trust site by the end of the week, that would be great. If not, could you give information via the same route as to when a response may appear? Thanks in advance. 

1) what is the situation with fans being searched when going into the ground? Some fans were searched at the Pearl St end before the Port Vale game whereas supporters in other stands were not. At the Bury game one steward at the Sandy Lane turnstiles was searching fans thoroughly, while another let fans past without a second glance. Could there be some communication from the club about the current policy around searching supporters entering the ground with an assurance that there is a consistent approach implemented?

2) with the changes that sometimes occur with all ticket games, specifically fans being told that they will be able to purchase tickets on the day of the game once police agree, could the admin fees incurred for buying online etc be waived? If not, will there be a process in place to refund these supporters in some way?
If not, what plans are in place to ensure those fans who have used these methods before aren't potentially waiting to see if they can pay on the day in the future? Should the police not allow this to happen, the club could miss out on significant revenue. 

Thanks again for your time.

Regarding online ticket purchasing.

There should be NO extra cost involved with purchasing online tickets, apart from the cost of sending out the ticket at Royal mail first, second or registered post as chosen by the purchaser. Surely people buying online does not incur extra costs for the club, does it? Admin costs for online tickets is a scam by companies, including football clubs to grab more money from customers. They are the equivalent of too high bank charges, etc. Covering any extra costs is fair enough, but I fail to see why it would cost more money to the company to offer online purchasing.

Could you please ask the club via the Trust, why there is a need to charge any more than the cost of delivering a ticket via Royal Mail. Unless the club could find an even cheaper way of delivering tickets.

Re searching of people. They obviously failed with the bury mob, allowing them potentially dangerous flares to be brought in. Either search EVERYONE with appropriate people carrying out searches of females and children, or concentrate on the away fans, who would be more likely to bring in un wanted items.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Login to get fewer ads

Online ticketing issue on 15:17 - Dec 6 with 2591 viewsscooby

and the banger / firework in the Pearl St. The knobs didnt just belong to Bury.
Online ticketing issue on 15:20 - Dec 6 with 2583 views442Dale

Online ticketing issue on 15:14 - Dec 6 by 1mark1

Regarding online ticket purchasing.

There should be NO extra cost involved with purchasing online tickets, apart from the cost of sending out the ticket at Royal mail first, second or registered post as chosen by the purchaser. Surely people buying online does not incur extra costs for the club, does it? Admin costs for online tickets is a scam by companies, including football clubs to grab more money from customers. They are the equivalent of too high bank charges, etc. Covering any extra costs is fair enough, but I fail to see why it would cost more money to the company to offer online purchasing.

Could you please ask the club via the Trust, why there is a need to charge any more than the cost of delivering a ticket via Royal Mail. Unless the club could find an even cheaper way of delivering tickets.

Re searching of people. They obviously failed with the bury mob, allowing them potentially dangerous flares to be brought in. Either search EVERYONE with appropriate people carrying out searches of females and children, or concentrate on the away fans, who would be more likely to bring in un wanted items.

While I've always said I'm prepared to collate questions from fans on here, as has happened again this week, why not join the Trust and ask that very question?
http://www.daletrust.co.uk/join-now/

Apologies if you are already a member, if so: info@daletrust.co.uk

Let's see what the answers are to the questions sent today, possible follow-ups can then be considered. With the Trust board containing representatives from the club they are perfectly positioned to deal effectively and timeously with such enquiries from members and supporters.

Online ticketing issue on 15:48 - Dec 6 with 2548 viewsKenBoon

Booking fees are a scam. If there's a third party helping to operate the online ticketing then the club should pay their fees, otherwise it makes online ticketing mostly pointless. I've paid out £12 in needless booking fees this season.
Online ticketing issue on 16:03 - Dec 6 with 2508 viewshxdale

Online ticketing issue on 15:48 - Dec 6 by KenBoon

Booking fees are a scam. If there's a third party helping to operate the online ticketing then the club should pay their fees, otherwise it makes online ticketing mostly pointless. I've paid out £12 in needless booking fees this season.

I paid £1.80 per ticket I bought, as I don't live local.. it was a telephone booking. Picked tickets up today. Not happy that on sale... haven't got money to throw away. Wont be buying tickets for all ticket matches again..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024