Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manager situation is a shambles 17:33 - Dec 22 with 10437 viewsrWp

One or the other Huw Jenkins needs to make a decision on a new manager. If Alan Curtis is their guy until the end of the season they should come out and say.
All this uncertainty is not good for the fans and probably the players are finding it frustrating. We are bouncing from game to game with more speculation not sure who will be in charge and there is nothing coming from the board.
This has to be one of the most protracted, shambolic searches for a manger ever. It would be a shameless if we were comfortably in mid table but when we are in the relegation zone with 1 win since August it makes the situation 10 times worse.
I have heard people saying we need to take our time but quite frankly that is nonsense. Monk was sacked well over two weeks ago and to still be in a state of uncertainty going into the biggest run of games for years is not on. Being in the premier league relegation zone does not give you time to stand still and have a long hard think about things as if we are not careful we could be cut adrift.
As it stands I would happily take Poyet or Di Matteo as I think they can both keep us up.
As much as a club legend as Curtis is appointing him would be dangerously similar to Terry Connor taking Wolves down and Chris Ramsay taking QPR down.
The relegation zone does not stand still and we need a figurehead to guide us out of this mess who will get the respect of the players.
Manager situation is a shambles on 15:57 - Dec 23 with 1571 viewsBorojack

Manager situation is a shambles on 15:56 - Dec 23 by QuakerJack

Is our current form not bad enough to get them to move the a rses?

A Premier League laughing stock

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Manager situation is a shambles on 16:31 - Dec 23 with 1488 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

We'll go the cheap option and splash out on a player or 2 perhaps!

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Manager situation is a shambles on 16:35 - Dec 23 with 1466 viewsBorojack

Manager situation is a shambles on 15:57 - Dec 23 by Borojack

A Premier League laughing stock

Curtis is the cheap option I am guessing thats why he said he is prepared to see the season out if needed.
A Premier league side on in Evostick League off it.

Manager situation is a shambles on 16:41 - Dec 23 with 1443 viewsPhil_S

What do you mean by lacking moral fibre?
Manager situation is a shambles on 16:50 - Dec 23 with 1414 viewsBorojack

Manager situation is a shambles on 16:41 - Dec 23 by Phil_S

Moral fibre is to do
the right thing no matter what the circumstance.
I cant think what he was referring to though.
Have you an inkling then.

Manager situation is a shambles on 17:10 - Dec 23 with 1345 viewstomdickharry

Yes its taking time and Jenkins would appear to be going around the houses in search of a Manager,god knows who it will be,although I thought Beilsa would be the man perhaps it is best that we stay away from him.It will certainly be a shambles if the wrong appt. is made hell of a lot of money at stake which makes any appt.more crucial.
Manager situation is a shambles on 17:26 - Dec 23 with 1303 viewsAngelRangelQS

People can come on here and defend the board but this length of time without an appointment is indefensible IMO.
Manager situation is a shambles on 17:28 - Dec 23 with 1297 viewslovejuicejack

Manager situation is a shambles on 17:26 - Dec 23 by AngelRangelQS

People can come on here and defend the board but this length of time without an appointment is indefensible IMO.

They gunna stick with curt it seems
Login to get fewer ads

Manager situation is a shambles on 17:34 - Dec 23 with 1271 viewsAngelRangelQS

Manager situation is a shambles on 17:28 - Dec 23 by lovejuicejack

Which is absolutely laughable and a disgrace
Manager situation is a shambles on 17:37 - Dec 23 with 1256 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Manager situation is a shambles on 17:28 - Dec 23 by lovejuicejack

With someone to help

Manager situation is a shambles on 17:40 - Dec 23 with 1235 viewsAngelRangelQS

Manager situation is a shambles on 17:37 - Dec 23 by oh_tommy_tommy

With someone to help

It's b-llocks Tommy. Curt? Are they having a laugh or what?
Manager situation is a shambles on 17:43 - Dec 23 with 1223 viewsymaohyd

Manager situation is a shambles on 16:41 - Dec 23 by Phil_S

They don't all go to church!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Manager situation is a shambles on 17:59 - Dec 23 with 1176 viewsymaohyd

Manager situation is a shambles on 17:40 - Dec 23 by AngelRangelQS

Well, we have to ask the question when so many have possibly turned us down? If they have. Next, if we do get someone interested, will they be good enough to accept the job that others aren't!

Therefore, can't believe I'm saying it but best if we roll the dice with Curt and Pascoe and wish them all the best.

Whatever happens then a blank canvas for a new manager next season, PL or Championship.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Manager situation is a shambles on 18:04 - Dec 23 with 1156 viewsblaine_scfc

Manager situation is a shambles on 17:59 - Dec 23 by ymaohyd

Well, we have to ask the question when so many have possibly turned us down? If they have. Next, if we do get someone interested, will they be good enough to accept the job that others aren't!

Therefore, can't believe I'm saying it but best if we roll the dice with Curt and Pascoe and wish them all the best.

Whatever happens then a blank canvas for a new manager next season, PL or Championship.

According to Phil yesterday nobody has turned us down to his knowledge.

If it's Curt, then so be it, but surely it would be better to make the announcement so everyone knows where we stand. The only thing that overly worries me is the lack of experience alongside Curt on the coaching side of things (again), and the board being solely in charge of player recruitment in Jan.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2015 18:05]
Manager situation is a shambles on 18:10 - Dec 23 with 1100 viewsAngelRangelQS

Manager situation is a shambles on 18:04 - Dec 23 by blaine_scfc

If it's Curt, then so be it, but surely it would be better to make the announcement so everyone knows where we stand. The only thing that overly worries me is the lack of experience alongside Curt on the coaching side of things (again), and the board being solely in charge of player recruitment in Jan.

Personally I feel giving it to curt is throwing in the towel.

Far better off giving it to someone like Poyet who has been here before and has done well in the Championship or alternatively that Potter fella who may be an inspired choice and should come relatively cheap.

Curtis would be an admission of defeat
Manager situation is a shambles on 18:18 - Dec 23 with 1070 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Manager situation is a shambles on 17:40 - Dec 23 by AngelRangelQS

I just want to know what titles they will have so I can get my money back from Bielsa bet!

Manager situation is a shambles on 18:18 - Dec 23 with 1069 viewsblaine_scfc

Manager situation is a shambles on 18:10 - Dec 23 by AngelRangelQS

Far better off giving it to someone like Poyet who has been here before and has done well in the Championship or alternatively that Potter fella who may be an inspired choice and should come relatively cheap.

It would tell me we haven't got a pot to p*ss in. It is what it is.

Immediately after the West Ham game I was critical of Curtis in regards to his substitutions, but he has seemed to slowly improve the performances. Simple fact is, Garry Monk has left the side in a really bad way, as I suspected he would have when he was first given the job, regardless of where we ended up last season. If we go down its on him, and the board.

One saving grace is that the standard of some of the sides down there are awful, we have better players, but like always with this current crop, I'm not sure if they have the boll*cks when the chips are down, you need to fight it out. If anyone can instill what this club is all about to them then that is Alan Curtis.
Manager situation is a shambles on 18:19 - Dec 23 with 1065 viewsdgt73

Manager situation is a shambles on 18:10 - Dec 23 by AngelRangelQS

You sound like a stuck record - you haven't got a clue what's going on behind the scenes, have you.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Manager situation is a shambles on 18:19 - Dec 23 with 1063 viewscostalotta

Manager situation is a shambles on 18:04 - Dec 23 by blaine_scfc

As much I respect Curtis that would be a similar ending as Terry Connor and Wolves IMO. We are in the premier now, we should be fighting to stay here dos you can bet it will be harder to get back up should we go down.
Manager situation is a shambles on 18:21 - Dec 23 with 1052 viewsdgt73

Manager situation is a shambles on 18:19 - Dec 23 by costalotta

As much I respect Curtis that would be a similar ending as Terry Connor and Wolves IMO. We are in the premier now, we should be fighting to stay here dos you can bet it will be harder to get back up should we go down.

Where has anyone mentioned Curtis remaining the manager for the rest of the season ? Only some daft idiots on here.

Manager situation is a shambles on 18:28 - Dec 23 with 1032 viewsAngelRangelQS

Manager situation is a shambles on 18:19 - Dec 23 by dgt73

You sound like a stuck record - you haven't got a clue what's going on behind the scenes, have you.

Neither have you
Manager situation is a shambles on 18:31 - Dec 23 with 1012 viewsdgt73

Manager situation is a shambles on 18:28 - Dec 23 by AngelRangelQS

Neither have you

That's correct- but who with any insight to what's really going on - has said Curtis will be in charge until the end of the season ?

Manager situation is a shambles on 18:32 - Dec 23 with 1003 viewsBorojack

Manager situation is a shambles on 17:37 - Dec 23 by oh_tommy_tommy

With someone to help

Yes Huw Jenkins director of football I wonder if he can find a couple of gems like Eder or Tabanou.

Manager situation is a shambles on 18:34 - Dec 23 with 987 viewsAngelRangelQS

Manager situation is a shambles on 18:31 - Dec 23 by dgt73

That's correct- but who with any insight to what's really going on - has said Curtis will be in charge until the end of the season ?

Fair enough nobody has said that!

I guess I'm just pessimistically anticipating the next stage. Just disappointed with the position we find ourselves in
Manager situation is a shambles on 18:36 - Dec 23 with 980 viewsBorojack

Manager situation is a shambles on 18:31 - Dec 23 by dgt73

Curtis said it may happen It was on Sky old bean

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024