Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million 16:15 - Jan 11 with 18197 viewsDaggyjack

Start the car...I'll drive him there for that
5 year contract according to the Daily Mail.
Shelvey could yet help keep us up if we reinvest wisely.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2016 16:17]
Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 17:48 - Jan 11 with 2867 viewsGriffting

Wasn't on board with selling shelvey to a relegation rival but considering our financial position, having to sell in order to buy, other options in his position and the fact that he just isn't invested in our club anymore it looks like the only option.

Plus 12 million is a great bit of business if true, although I think it will be less.

If shelvey goes for 12 and we bring in de Jong for 3.7 as reported I'd be happy anyway.
Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 17:49 - Jan 11 with 2867 viewslondonlisa2001

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 17:31 - Jan 11 by tomdickharry

Fair comment,but the headline is S to N for £12M and that's what I am basing my opinion on.

I agree if you are saying that it is beyond comprehension that anyone would pay that for him.

But even if it is less, the fee and wages would, in my opinion, be better spent on a player that at least wants to be part of our club, even if their so-called natural talent is lower.

The world is littered with people (not just sports stars) who had natural talent and no discipline or drive to go with that talent. Most of them are to be found propping up a bar and boring everyone with their 'I could have been a contender' type speeches.

Similarly there are those with less natural talent but who spend every minute trying to make themselves as good as they possibly can be. I know which I would prefer when the chips are down.
Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 17:53 - Jan 11 with 2834 viewsBloodyhills

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 16:24 - Jan 11 by pencoedjack

'I cant believe people think he's a poor player, got great energy and drive can pick out a pass and knows where the goal is. All reasons he his way better than what we have here now.
Get him in!'

Really

Read more at http://boards.footymad.net/newcastleunited-mad/2109613224/#6cOhLdMlFLvitOA4.99

It' not that he's a poor player so much as he doesn't seem to want to play for us.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 17:58 - Jan 11 with 2798 viewsSwanjaxs

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 17:53 - Jan 11 by Bloodyhills

It' not that he's a poor player so much as he doesn't seem to want to play for us.

And that makes him a poor player in my eyes. ... and a disgrace to his profession

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 18:03 - Jan 11 with 2762 viewsDyfnant

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 16:24 - Jan 11 by AustinIsOurHero

Nice team ethic going on here.

Shelvey... take note

Genuine lol.
Only way this deal could be better is if it was a loan until June with a deal then completed. Don't want him playing against us

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 18:06 - Jan 11 with 2734 viewsBloodyhills

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 16:34 - Jan 11 by Lohengrin

You all of course realise what's going to happen here, don't you? He'll move north and suddenly transform into a young Beckenbauer and shoot Newcastle up the league dropping us right in the sh!t!

Time will tell on that one but what we do know is that he doesn't seem to want to perform for us, or put much effort in at all. Better off getting rid and getting players who actually want to play for us.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 18:10 - Jan 11 with 2702 viewshobo

That's a bit more realistic. than the £10m rumoured last week. Hopefully there's a sell on clause in there too
Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 18:17 - Jan 11 with 2665 viewsWatchman

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 16:51 - Jan 11 by JBT95

I can't believe people are able to dismiss Shelvey so quickly.

There comes a time when people refuse to put up with shyte! that time has arrived!

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Login to get fewer ads

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 18:21 - Jan 11 with 2641 viewsPrivate_Partz

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 17:53 - Jan 11 by Bloodyhills

'Seem' is the operative word here. We all know he is a talented players and a game changer. Selling him to a relegation rival is folly IMHO.
Also what would we spend the money on? Are we confident a competent replacement would come here and, more importantly, is our scouting system up to the job of finding such a player that will blend into our style?
I hope the report is bollo.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 18:24 - Jan 11 with 2611 viewsblaine_scfc

I'd feel much more comfortable if he went to Palace. When in the mood, which I can't see him ever being in while still here, he can win a game from nowhere. You only got to look at the Southampton away game last year.

I don't fancy watching him do this for Newcastle. I'd rather watch him do it for Palace against teams around us.
Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 18:28 - Jan 11 with 2590 viewsPrivate_Partz

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 18:06 - Jan 11 by Bloodyhills

Time will tell on that one but what we do know is that he doesn't seem to want to perform for us, or put much effort in at all. Better off getting rid and getting players who actually want to play for us.

The commentators said that he was trying too hard in the first half against Oxford. He was forcing the game a trying to get one of his shots in. I agree. How many times have we complained we arn't shooting enough? In the second half it all fell to bits and we were losing the ball right left and centre. I don't recall his passes going adrift as many of the others. It was not a great performance but very few did play well and he is in good company there at the mo. I need to look at the socks video I guess.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 18:31 - Jan 11 with 2560 viewsGlyn1

So the people who were saying that he should leave the club immediately, are now saying that £10 million is the minimum that we should take?

Actually, I agree with that. £10 million seems a bargain for a 23yr old with his best years in front of him who's an England international and with extensive PL experience.

On second thoughts, I hope he stays.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 18:41 - Jan 11 with 2503 viewsGroo

Here's their main forum talking about it

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,97519.0.html

Groo does what Groo does best

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 18:42 - Jan 11 with 2492 viewsjasper_T

Even at his best he's got no mobility, doesn't put in a defensive shift, takes too long to pick his pass, and too often goes for the extravagant.

We're robbing them for £10m+
Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 18:46 - Jan 11 with 2479 viewspansypants

Class signing they say!!!! OH TOON ARMY HOW YOU HAVE FALLEN!!!!

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 18:47 - Jan 11 with 2283 viewsLandore_Jack

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 18:31 - Jan 11 by Glyn1

So the people who were saying that he should leave the club immediately, are now saying that £10 million is the minimum that we should take?

Actually, I agree with that. £10 million seems a bargain for a 23yr old with his best years in front of him who's an England international and with extensive PL experience.

On second thoughts, I hope he stays.

Not me. Stinking attitude. We cannot continue with these poor performances. Yes he has talent but he has wasted chance after chance. Yesterday was the final straw. Sorry Shelvey its time to move on.

#backtojack

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 18:54 - Jan 11 with 2239 viewsperchrockjack

Pointless selling unless money is invested in quality striker.

I d Rather our board not make profits just to feather their nests

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 19:04 - Jan 11 with 2204 viewsMartyrman57

In case Mr Ashley is reading this Jonjo was outstanding at Palace and worth £15 million at least.
Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 19:30 - Jan 11 with 2121 viewsdobjack2

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 18:54 - Jan 11 by perchrockjack

Pointless selling unless money is invested in quality striker.

I d Rather our board not make profits just to feather their nests

If he goes and the fee isn't invested in the playing staff there will be people making comparisons with Doug's reign.
Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 19:35 - Jan 11 with 2093 viewsraynor94

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 19:30 - Jan 11 by dobjack2

If he goes and the fee isn't invested in the playing staff there will be people making comparisons with Doug's reign.

You might, I certainly won't

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 19:40 - Jan 11 with 2064 viewsDyfnant

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 19:30 - Jan 11 by dobjack2

I'll be happy to see his 50k a week wages being put towards anything other than shelveys bank account. Free bar for home fans would be better value, at least it'd boost the atmosphere

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 19:41 - Jan 11 with 2058 viewsdobjack2

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 19:35 - Jan 11 by raynor94

You might, I certainly won't

I won't either but I've already heard it said.
Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 20:28 - Jan 11 with 1919 viewsjacabertawe

38% probability to Newcastle!

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/swansea-city/geruechteabgaenge/verein/2288/plus/1

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 21:05 - Jan 11 with 1802 viewsVetchfieldpasty

Haven't Liverpool got a 30% sell on condition??
Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 21:10 - Jan 11 with 1757 viewskarnataka

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 16:21 - Jan 11 by pencoedjack

Ill hold him down so he cant jump out

Just use the child locks, mun.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024