Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When we building that extension? 21:03 - Jan 12 with 4878 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

When we building that extension? on 09:09 - Jan 13 with 1392 viewsDyfnant

When we building that extension? on 07:08 - Jan 13 by andrew

What about bournmouths 11000 last night?

'Our record'

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

When we building that extension? on 09:17 - Jan 13 with 1369 viewsCopperJack

Quite funny really, people have been slating the board for years for not steaming ahead with the expansion and now we can't even sell out Premier League games. If we go down, does anyone really think it won't be like it was pre-promotion days before all the plastics joined? 15k most weeks, I'd imagine.

Personally, I don't believe that people don't know it's not a sell out, and I imagine there's a number of tickets left. They've been updating social media several times a day, they've sent out emails etc. This is hardly a secret. Maybe the board were quite astute in postponing the expansion...

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

When we building that extension? on 09:35 - Jan 13 with 1350 viewsPrivate_Partz

When we building that extension? on 09:17 - Jan 13 by CopperJack

Quite funny really, people have been slating the board for years for not steaming ahead with the expansion and now we can't even sell out Premier League games. If we go down, does anyone really think it won't be like it was pre-promotion days before all the plastics joined? 15k most weeks, I'd imagine.

Personally, I don't believe that people don't know it's not a sell out, and I imagine there's a number of tickets left. They've been updating social media several times a day, they've sent out emails etc. This is hardly a secret. Maybe the board were quite astute in postponing the expansion...

If we don't sell out is because of the situation we are currently in. We still have some way to go in marketing as we are a comparatively fledging club compared to most in this league. Had we been in the top ten the game would have sold out easily. I'm such circumstances expansion would be a good thing.
Unfortunately until you have built up a regular fanbase over many years then those that have turned Up recently will disappear in the main when the going gets tough.
I was for expansion as I could only see us becoming a more attractive proposition. Now we are struggling it is the last thing I want. Survival is by far the most important.
To repeat myself, if we survive we will be almost back to square one with recruitment of a manager and new players a priority. Our Comms and Marketing team need to up their game considerably as well.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

When we building that extension? on 10:11 - Jan 13 with 1307 viewsCopaMundial

The reality is there has never been a genuine appetite by the board to get this done,if there was it would be up by now.
The club have constantly moved the goalposts about the reasons for the delay,planning,demand,Mc Donald's,transport and first season survival have all been cited as reasons for the delay,as each barrier has been crossed the club seem to find another.

At the moment we sell out just about every home game,this allows the club to charge premium prices for tickets and matchday hospitality any significant increase in capacity could effect that business model.

How many season ticket holders do you think would surrender their seats if they thought that the increased capacity could allow them to buy tickets on a match by match basis,quite a few I can assure you.
If you factor in the cost of the expansion against the increase in matchday revenue then you can see why any talk by the board is just lip service
When we building that extension? on 10:22 - Jan 13 with 1280 viewsPrivate_Partz

When we building that extension? on 10:11 - Jan 13 by CopaMundial

The reality is there has never been a genuine appetite by the board to get this done,if there was it would be up by now.
The club have constantly moved the goalposts about the reasons for the delay,planning,demand,Mc Donald's,transport and first season survival have all been cited as reasons for the delay,as each barrier has been crossed the club seem to find another.

At the moment we sell out just about every home game,this allows the club to charge premium prices for tickets and matchday hospitality any significant increase in capacity could effect that business model.

How many season ticket holders do you think would surrender their seats if they thought that the increased capacity could allow them to buy tickets on a match by match basis,quite a few I can assure you.
If you factor in the cost of the expansion against the increase in matchday revenue then you can see why any talk by the board is just lip service

I think you are correct in saying that her is no great financial reward with expansion. There is however to the opportunity to attract new fans and therefore build a fanbase that will eventually stick with the club when the going gets tough. Villa with an established fanbase and a large stadium will not say in the Championship for long. We on the other hand may not return to the top flight for another 30 years as we do not have that infastructure. The time to expand was two or three years ago. The opportunity has been misses and we have greater priorities now.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

When we building that extension? on 10:29 - Jan 13 with 1271 viewsCopperJack

When we building that extension? on 10:22 - Jan 13 by Private_Partz

I think you are correct in saying that her is no great financial reward with expansion. There is however to the opportunity to attract new fans and therefore build a fanbase that will eventually stick with the club when the going gets tough. Villa with an established fanbase and a large stadium will not say in the Championship for long. We on the other hand may not return to the top flight for another 30 years as we do not have that infastructure. The time to expand was two or three years ago. The opportunity has been misses and we have greater priorities now.

I get your point but we've never had a massive fan base. Even when we were in the Championship I knew fans who counted Liverpool/United etc as their first team. Now we're in the Prem, that has changed, but I think people got ahead of ourselves. Granted, we are growing, and we're expanding further East into former Cardiff territory, but this is probably fickle, as 10 years ago they would've sworn allegiance to Cardiff.

If we're not selling out in the Premier League, regardless of league position (it's not a massive stadium) then why expand? No good just expanding for the big crowd we'll get for the Arsenal/United/City games etc. It's a huge cost and, as demonstrated by today's anticipated attendance, we can only sell 20k if we're doing well. Last thing we want is a balls-up like our inbred cousins.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

When we building that extension? on 10:34 - Jan 13 with 1265 viewsfbreath

If people really wanted to go they would check for themselves if tickets were available its not difficult.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

When we building that extension? on 10:37 - Jan 13 with 1261 viewsPrivate_Partz

When we building that extension? on 10:29 - Jan 13 by CopperJack

I get your point but we've never had a massive fan base. Even when we were in the Championship I knew fans who counted Liverpool/United etc as their first team. Now we're in the Prem, that has changed, but I think people got ahead of ourselves. Granted, we are growing, and we're expanding further East into former Cardiff territory, but this is probably fickle, as 10 years ago they would've sworn allegiance to Cardiff.

If we're not selling out in the Premier League, regardless of league position (it's not a massive stadium) then why expand? No good just expanding for the big crowd we'll get for the Arsenal/United/City games etc. It's a huge cost and, as demonstrated by today's anticipated attendance, we can only sell 20k if we're doing well. Last thing we want is a balls-up like our inbred cousins.

I think there are plenty if stadiums that don't always sell out in the Prem. We could easily get 40k when the top four visit and the ground has sold out for every league match for years. I suspect it could sell it again tonight even though sales are slower than usual. It us a marketing thing. Something we have been sadly lacking in. If we are to become a bigger player in the top flight then we need to expand as ultimately it will stop us growing as a club. Sadly it is the future now and may never be needed (for a generation at least) if we go down.

Login to get fewer ads

When we building that extension? on 10:44 - Jan 13 with 1241 viewstomdickharry

The hard part is to recognise a window of opportunity who knows the involvement of new outside money may have been that opportunity,instead of treating new money with distaste perhaps it should have been embraced.
When we building that extension? on 10:46 - Jan 13 with 1239 viewsCopaMundial

Oh
And I forgot to mention the Elephant in the room,the purchase of the stadium itself, something that has never been on the agenda until recently,so roughly twenty five million for the stadium and a conservative fifteen million for the expansion at a time when apparently we haven't got a pot to piss in even though according to some we're the best run club in the country and it ain't happening any time soon
When we building that extension? on 11:28 - Jan 13 with 1198 viewsdobjack2

When we building that extension? on 10:44 - Jan 13 by tomdickharry

The hard part is to recognise a window of opportunity who knows the involvement of new outside money may have been that opportunity,instead of treating new money with distaste perhaps it should have been embraced.

But was there money for the club or was it just a share sale. That I think was the issue.
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:47 - Jan 13 with 1156 viewsDevz00

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

When we building that extension? on 11:52 - Jan 13 with 1151 viewsCliffTop

People don't want to pay £35 a pop, if we had a bigger stadium we would sell more season tickets which equates to like £20 a game... plus there were far more tickets on general sale given the volume of fans coming down from Sunderland.
When we building that extension? on 12:03 - Jan 13 with 1135 viewsDevz00

I agree with this. I still maintain that we should expand the ground. If we want to become a bigger club then it is a must.

I don't care if we don't sell out every game. What's important is that there is the potential to gain more bums on seats, especially in the bigger games to start with, with the opportunity to bring these people back to our club in the hope that they become real fans. Especially the youngsters.

I know people that go now that didn't go when we were in the Championship. These same people have got the bug. They will continue to go regardless of which division we are in next season.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

When we building that extension? on 15:20 - Jan 13 with 1028 viewsJBT95

Disappointing the club didn't reduce prices for this game and give people who had paid full price already the difference off their next ticket purchase or discount in the shop or something.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2016 15:21]
When we building that extension? on 15:26 - Jan 13 with 1014 viewsGriffting

Probably a lot of single seats dotted about really. Can't see there being groups of seats available at this stage.
When we building that extension? on 15:35 - Jan 13 with 1006 viewsJBT95

When we building that extension? on 15:26 - Jan 13 by Griffting

Probably a lot of single seats dotted about really. Can't see there being groups of seats available at this stage.

There's quite a lot actually I just had a look at the planner, mainly in the north but some in the west too (both corners). If a group of 8 wanted to go, put it this way, they could all sit together.
When we building that extension? on 15:55 - Jan 13 with 984 viewsStarsky

When we building that extension? on 10:34 - Jan 13 by fbreath

If people really wanted to go they would check for themselves if tickets were available its not difficult.

You think everyone in Swansea is an informed football fan do you?

It's just the internet, init.

When we building that extension? on 16:54 - Jan 13 with 958 viewsDDCH

Mrs has only gone and got me a remaining ticket as a late Christmas present. God love her :) Can't wait!

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

When we building that extension? on 17:49 - Jan 13 with 909 viewsfelixstowe_jack

200 tickets left.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

When we building that extension? on 17:55 - Jan 13 with 898 viewstomdickharry

When we building that extension? on 11:28 - Jan 13 by dobjack2

But was there money for the club or was it just a share sale. That I think was the issue.

That has always I think been a point of debate,on reflection would probably been both,pointless buying shares if the business one is buying into is going to fail without a degree of new investment.
When we building that extension? on 18:06 - Jan 13 with 883 viewsdobjack2

When we building that extension? on 17:55 - Jan 13 by tomdickharry

That has always I think been a point of debate,on reflection would probably been both,pointless buying shares if the business one is buying into is going to fail without a degree of new investment.

The Only people that know the answer won't or can't tell us I'm afraid
[Post edited 13 Jan 2016 18:34]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024