Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Curtis Press Conference 15:01 - Jan 15 with 6116 viewsCliffTop

Interesting for Curtis to come out with this:

Curtis on his role as interim manager

“I’ve got no vanity in terms of saying I’m going to stay til end of season. I expect to but if results go against us and they bring someone in at short notice, so be it. Vital we not only stay in PL next season but for coming seasons. If they wanted to bring someone in that really wouldn’t be a problem. We are open. The main thing is club survives. The priority staying in PL.”

Wonder if suddenly someone has clicked that we could do with some help for Curt & Dave Adams?

Will the club sign Doumbia or Sinclair?
“You can probably add 20 names as well. We have to get someone in sooner rather than later. A signing would lift the dressing room and the supporters morale.
“We have to trust in Huw. It’s quiet at the moment but that’s not to say there aren’t frantic deals being done. Next time we meet we should have one, maybe two new faces with us.

Be good to get a couple in, but could have done with them before Watford match really.
Curtis Press Conference on 17:30 - Jan 15 with 1572 viewsmax936

Curtis Press Conference on 15:39 - Jan 15 by jojaca

He twice mentions "There is stuff happening behind the scenes which he has little knowledge off" on sky sports news. Come on Alan, your poker face is not good.

If that's true then he's just been chucked in the deep end without armbands fuking shocking.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Curtis Press Conference on 17:31 - Jan 15 with 1567 views3swan

Curtis Press Conference on 17:24 - Jan 15 by Highjack

Quite.

Also to chuck in the fact he's done the job unspectacularly before at a lower level. Twice. I so want him to succeed and prove me wrong though and he will always get my support in everything he does (bar the odd bizarre substitution) but at this point I don't fancy our chances of staying up and I think the club has made a veritable smorgasbord of f uckups this season.

Agree with your comments apart from the opening line.

"unspectacularly before at a lower level"

He was stand in manager, again when we were struggling.and from memory we won 1 drew 1 and lost 2.
Curtis Press Conference on 17:31 - Jan 15 with 1566 viewsGriffting

Might be the only one here but i saw the press conference and have the impression that Curt knows a lot more than he's letting onto. As people have said his poker face is not great and it looks like he's using the right words in order to avoid the answer..
Since when have Swansea been after a player and confirmed it in the press before it happens? Or stated talks are taking place with someone before they've signed?? Can't think of one.
Curtis Press Conference on 17:37 - Jan 15 with 1527 viewsmax936

Curtis Press Conference on 17:12 - Jan 15 by oh_tommy_tommy

I'd have to wholeheartedly agree with every word of that Mon .

Seconded, its all starting to look like a proper fing shambles, if it wasn't before, Huwbert and the board need to get a fuking grip now!!!

Curtis Press Conference on 17:42 - Jan 15 with 1472 viewsPapaLazarou

Curtis Press Conference on 17:31 - Jan 15 by Griffting

Might be the only one here but i saw the press conference and have the impression that Curt knows a lot more than he's letting onto. As people have said his poker face is not great and it looks like he's using the right words in order to avoid the answer..
Since when have Swansea been after a player and confirmed it in the press before it happens? Or stated talks are taking place with someone before they've signed?? Can't think of one.

Not for a while. Huw used to be famous for it in League 1/2: Roger Johnson, Dean Leacock, Grant Holt and Pratley (first time round) were all announced prematurely...
Curtis Press Conference on 17:46 - Jan 15 with 1442 viewsmax936

Well, he's looking like he's aging with every game, which is not good for his health.

Curtis Press Conference on 17:47 - Jan 15 with 1436 viewstomdickharry

Said it before and say it again,Curt should not have taken the job.
Curtis Press Conference on 17:53 - Jan 15 with 1404 viewsGriffting

Curtis Press Conference on 17:42 - Jan 15 by PapaLazarou

Not for a while. Huw used to be famous for it in League 1/2: Roger Johnson, Dean Leacock, Grant Holt and Pratley (first time round) were all announced prematurely...

Yes was thinking Johnson and Leacock after I posted and they made us look a bit silly at the time. Especially the whole 'Leacock crocked' stuff then subsequently going on to play over 100 games for Derby. Think we've learned to say nada until deal is done, which I think is the correct way of doing it.
Login to get fewer ads

Curtis Press Conference on 17:53 - Jan 15 with 1398 viewsexiledclaseboy

Curtis Press Conference on 17:47 - Jan 15 by tomdickharry

Said it before and say it again,Curt should not have taken the job.

Agree. He should have told Jenkins to f*ck off and find himself another fall guy.

What a mess the Board have made this season. Criminal level incompetence.

Poll: Tory leader

Curtis Press Conference on 17:58 - Jan 15 with 1367 views3swan

Curtis Press Conference on 17:53 - Jan 15 by exiledclaseboy

Agree. He should have told Jenkins to f*ck off and find himself another fall guy.

What a mess the Board have made this season. Criminal level incompetence.

When we got back to the car after the game on Wednesday we did talk about what he must thinking.
Doing the best he can with his hands tied, and after the 'performance' by the officials must think the world is against him
Curtis Press Conference on 18:01 - Jan 15 with 1355 viewsGriffting

Granted it's probably not good stress to come into your life so suddenly without prior experience at that high level and so suddenly, especially at his age.
Also don't think he is the right person to take us forward. It's difficult tho.. Rubbish managers will take us down anyway, Good managers won't want to potentially tarnish there reputation.
All the 'safety expert' managers are in jobs already (Pulis, Allardyce).
If Monk had gone at Bournemouth when we were 5/6 points above the drop with 25 odd games left I think A lot more managers would have looked at us as a better prospect. Mistakes have been made without doubt.
Curtis Press Conference on 18:08 - Jan 15 with 1311 viewspremierjack

Of course he knows. Anyone who thinks he doesn't is mental
Curtis Press Conference on 18:10 - Jan 15 with 1299 viewscostalotta

Curtis Press Conference on 18:01 - Jan 15 by Griffting

Granted it's probably not good stress to come into your life so suddenly without prior experience at that high level and so suddenly, especially at his age.
Also don't think he is the right person to take us forward. It's difficult tho.. Rubbish managers will take us down anyway, Good managers won't want to potentially tarnish there reputation.
All the 'safety expert' managers are in jobs already (Pulis, Allardyce).
If Monk had gone at Bournemouth when we were 5/6 points above the drop with 25 odd games left I think A lot more managers would have looked at us as a better prospect. Mistakes have been made without doubt.

And it seems, continue to be made.

Curtis is in a horrible position but he would not have said no. The board messed up big time in getting finalising whatever deal the went after before Xmas. What ever way it goes from here on in we got get behind the players we do have and give our all like I'm sure they will.
Curtis Press Conference on 18:14 - Jan 15 with 1265 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I think he also realizes from feedback on these forums that as a management team they are not making the "best" decisions with the choice of substitutions/tactics .
Something apparently as simple as that, when it has a major affect on the game, must be frustrating for him when there is so much expertise out in the football world that could be helping him or doing it for him.
He probably feels that he is letting the side down, when it is actually the club that is letting him down.
Along with sort of players that they are talking about us bringing in, if true, like JDG & Sinclair it just shows how much they have lost the plot.
As this unfolds the fans are going to be in meltdown and rightly so.
Curtis Press Conference on 18:20 - Jan 15 with 1242 viewsMrSwerve

Curtis Press Conference on 15:08 - Jan 15 by rWp

Jenkins has said we are not interested in Doumbia. Well what a surprise. It was inevitable.
I guarantee you we will not sign one player.

I don't think I've ever seen you post a single positive post on this forum.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Curtis Press Conference on 18:21 - Jan 15 with 1201 viewstomdickharry

Curtis Press Conference on 18:14 - Jan 15 by A_Fans_Dad

I think he also realizes from feedback on these forums that as a management team they are not making the "best" decisions with the choice of substitutions/tactics .
Something apparently as simple as that, when it has a major affect on the game, must be frustrating for him when there is so much expertise out in the football world that could be helping him or doing it for him.
He probably feels that he is letting the side down, when it is actually the club that is letting him down.
Along with sort of players that they are talking about us bringing in, if true, like JDG & Sinclair it just shows how much they have lost the plot.
As this unfolds the fans are going to be in meltdown and rightly so.

Fans/the Trust should have been in meltdown when red flag indicators in recent balance sheets showed over trading to an embarrassing level.Don't say we were not warned.
Curtis Press Conference on 18:22 - Jan 15 with 1199 viewsmonmouth

Curtis Press Conference on 18:20 - Jan 15 by MrSwerve

I don't think I've ever seen you post a single positive post on this forum.

It's a blatant WUM account mun. There's a few around.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Curtis Press Conference on 18:59 - Jan 15 with 1106 viewslondonlisa2001

Curtis Press Conference on 18:22 - Jan 15 by monmouth

It's a blatant WUM account mun. There's a few around.

Most of them are DYSS.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024