Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Scott Sinclair returns 09:59 - Jan 19 with 7769 viewsPacemaker

What will the fans do who have been booing him every time he plays against us?

I would never clap an opponent before or during a game, but I don't get the hatred for Sinclair who did nothing but good for us and was a major factor in us getting promoted.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

If Scott Sinclair returns on 11:42 - Jan 19 with 2253 viewsUplandsJack

Not for me, but £2 mill is pretty cheap these days, crazy as that sounds...
Was excellent for us in the championship but never really that affective in the prem...
Like someone else wrote felt BR picked him as he was his favourite rather than on performance... I recall Routs having a blinder up at anfield only to get subbed with 5 to go.. then dropped for next game to wake way for SS.
I also recall being up at wba and fans singing "he's back on the bench....." when he got subbed early against us. To be fair I thought it was just good banter. Sure he didnt care too much either, sitting there thinking about his bank balance swelling by the hour!!!
If Scott Sinclair returns on 11:55 - Jan 19 with 2220 viewspencoedjack

Got booed whilst playing for us (QPR away) never mind against us.

For 2 million Id have him back.

Without Scotty we wouldn't be where we are now ( a massive part of the promotion season & our 1st in PL)
If Scott Sinclair returns on 12:02 - Jan 19 with 2196 viewsUplandsJack

If Scott Sinclair returns on 11:55 - Jan 19 by pencoedjack

Got booed whilst playing for us (QPR away) never mind against us.

For 2 million Id have him back.

Without Scotty we wouldn't be where we are now ( a massive part of the promotion season & our 1st in PL)

I don't recall him getting booed at qpr. Mind you after the heat and exhaustion from hammering them in don't remember too much apart from the goals...

Yes he played a massive part of the promotion season, but for me sorry, not that effective in the prem... apart from his penalties, oh and that wonder strike against Bolton. (But think that might have been in the cup... maybe?)
If Scott Sinclair returns on 12:45 - Jan 19 with 2110 viewsJackTheLad

If Scott Sinclair returns on 12:02 - Jan 19 by UplandsJack

I don't recall him getting booed at qpr. Mind you after the heat and exhaustion from hammering them in don't remember too much apart from the goals...

Yes he played a massive part of the promotion season, but for me sorry, not that effective in the prem... apart from his penalties, oh and that wonder strike against Bolton. (But think that might have been in the cup... maybe?)

Scored a lovely goal against Chelsea.

However, too predictable in his wing play for my liking, if you can't beat your man or will not attempt to beat your man you shouldn't be a winger. He has a good shot on him but it's a case of him being in the right place at the right time and for me that's not enough. No thank you, not in the premier league anyway.

Poll: Who would you like to see take over long term as Manager?

If Scott Sinclair returns on 12:59 - Jan 19 with 2059 viewsblaine_scfc

Definite no from me. Poor premier league player, very good championship player. Bit like Tom Ince.
If Scott Sinclair returns on 13:03 - Jan 19 with 2043 viewsJackFish

If Scott Sinclair returns on 12:02 - Jan 19 by UplandsJack

There was definitely a little booing when he came off the bench at QPR, but it was only a small minority. Don't think he's done anything to deserved that, however I don't think he's good enough for us now, he wasn't great in our first PL season and has done nothing since he left to suggest that he's the answer to our problems.
If Scott Sinclair returns on 13:51 - Jan 19 with 1952 viewsAussieSwan

I'd rather Sinclair at 2 million than nobody at all... would at least give the squad some sort of morale boost.

As others have said, he knows us and we know him, so it would be an easy transition - he just needs to recapture his form, and I think we're probably the best club for him to do that.

Better depth option than the likes of Emnes

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

If Scott Sinclair returns on 14:02 - Jan 19 with 1923 viewsMattG

If Scott Sinclair returns on 13:51 - Jan 19 by AussieSwan

I'd rather Sinclair at 2 million than nobody at all... would at least give the squad some sort of morale boost.

As others have said, he knows us and we know him, so it would be an easy transition - he just needs to recapture his form, and I think we're probably the best club for him to do that.

Better depth option than the likes of Emnes

I don't really get this "we know him and he knows us" - I can only think of 5 players who Sinclair would have played with to any extent during his time here (Williams, Taylor, Rangel, Sigurdsson and Routledge) and probably only Curtis would have worked with him out of the management team.

That said, he wouldn't be the worst signing in the world at £2m and (presumably) reasonable wages but I wouldn't want him to be the only signing either.
Login to get fewer ads

If Scott Sinclair returns on 14:47 - Jan 19 with 1883 viewsacejack3065

For 2 mill its a yes from me. He brings pace and goals. What we need right now really.
If Scott Sinclair returns on 14:48 - Jan 19 with 1882 viewsraynor94

If Scott Sinclair returns on 10:54 - Jan 19 by Oldjack

Oi wa*k stain ,why do you insist on making up theses lies ,can't you ever get any thing right ?
PS ,as from now Frank decides who comes in and out of the club and rightly so
[Post edited 19 Jan 2016 10:55]

Frank? Omg

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

If Scott Sinclair returns on 15:19 - Jan 19 with 1819 viewsHip

There are better options out there IMO. If your only concern about HG players go for it but I'd rather some of the other named mentioned.

Ex.
Anwar El Ghazi
Hakim Ziyech
Keita Blade Diao
If Scott Sinclair returns on 15:23 - Jan 19 with 1817 viewsThurrockJack92

Were we not always the club that players not quite up to scratch came to flourish? Baffles me that people on here are writing Sinclair off because he hasn't done so well elsewhere. Especially given what he achieved while with us and the fact that we usually get the best out of players in his situation.
If Scott Sinclair returns on 17:05 - Jan 19 with 1716 viewslondonlisa2001

If Scott Sinclair returns on 12:45 - Jan 19 by JackTheLad

Scored a lovely goal against Chelsea.

However, too predictable in his wing play for my liking, if you can't beat your man or will not attempt to beat your man you shouldn't be a winger. He has a good shot on him but it's a case of him being in the right place at the right time and for me that's not enough. No thank you, not in the premier league anyway.

I'd personally love it if we had a forward who's in the right place at the right time.

Last night, particularly in the first half, the number of times we got the ball in the not with no one anywhere near the right place was amazing. Ayew, for all he's a good player, doesn't have that instinct and Sinclair did (hence the 20 odd goals in the promotion season).

You're right about his position though - I think he'd do well up front - always finished really well and could play that Walcott type role that Arsenal use when they don't play Giroud.

Him with Ayew one side and either Routledge or possibly Barrow the other would do well. Fine - we wouldn't have a target as such, but it'd be a very pacy attack as an alternative.

Doesn't get rid of the need for an out and out forward but I'd pick him over Montero any day of the week.
If Scott Sinclair returns on 17:49 - Jan 19 with 1652 viewsmljonzy

I would like him back he is not the type of player to create lots of chances but he is always a goal threat when attacking. Gets far too much criticism and would be very useful in our squad.
If Scott Sinclair returns on 18:08 - Jan 19 with 1618 viewsVetchitBack

Quite simple with him.

When defenders became as fast as he was he was basically impotent.

Promotion and Play-Off final legendary but irrelevant.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

If Scott Sinclair returns on 18:50 - Jan 19 with 1390 viewsItchySphincter

If Scott Sinclair returns on 15:23 - Jan 19 by ThurrockJack92

Were we not always the club that players not quite up to scratch came to flourish? Baffles me that people on here are writing Sinclair off because he hasn't done so well elsewhere. Especially given what he achieved while with us and the fact that we usually get the best out of players in his situation.

He was good for us in the Championship. He had loans in the PL before he came to us and didn't cut it. When we got to the PL he couldn't cut it. Since then his career has gone backwards. We were counting our lucky stars when Man City wanted him and couldn't wait to get shot.

Your post makes no sense.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

If Scott Sinclair returns on 21:31 - Jan 19 with 1300 viewsjackjackjackjack

Sinclair has been Aston Villa's best player (not saying much) tonight according to Dean Saunders' commentary on 5live.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

If Scott Sinclair returns on 21:31 - Jan 19 with 1300 viewsDavillin

If Scott Sinclair returns on 10:10 - Jan 19 by yescomeon

Scored a few goals for villa this season. I'd start him ahead of Routledge, probably Montero too in his current form.

I know this is a bit off the subject, but I'd bet that Guidolin can get the best out of Montero, as he has a reputation for doing.

[p.s. Luca Toni was one of his "creations" and probably my favourite Italian player, and the only player's shirt I ever owned with the player's name and number [9] on it.]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

If Scott Sinclair returns on 21:38 - Jan 19 with 1265 viewsDr_Winston

If Scott Sinclair returns on 18:50 - Jan 19 by ItchySphincter

He was good for us in the Championship. He had loans in the PL before he came to us and didn't cut it. When we got to the PL he couldn't cut it. Since then his career has gone backwards. We were counting our lucky stars when Man City wanted him and couldn't wait to get shot.

Your post makes no sense.

Always wondered if we'd have been better off trying to convert him into a striker.

He wasn't as tricky on the ball as the best wingers are, but the volume of goals he scored and the manner in which he popped up to score a lot of them demonstrate the instinct for it, and he was fast enough to give most central defenders a torrid time.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

If Scott Sinclair returns on 21:41 - Jan 19 with 1251 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If Scott Sinclair returns, that is the player who wasn't good enough in the PL first time round and the biggest one trick pony out there I can only assume it's to try and get us promoted from the Championship next season. And I reckon even that league may have surpassed his abilities now

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

If Scott Sinclair returns on 21:49 - Jan 19 with 1212 viewsmax936

If Scott Sinclair returns on 14:48 - Jan 19 by raynor94

Frank? Omg

Frank was with OJ up the Railway last night after the game sharing a few rollies together and discussing the rudiments of football over a few light ales,

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

If Scott Sinclair returns on 22:11 - Jan 19 with 1177 viewsLeonisGod

What is it with us and old players, or pursuing the same players for years? Do yourself a favour Huw - let Frankie have a look at the squad this week and on Sunday at Everton and then listen to what he has to say. There'll still be a week left to sign up a couple of decent players, and if all else fails then i suspect Scotty will still be waiting for us.
If Scott Sinclair returns on 22:26 - Jan 19 with 1136 viewsstonedroses

looked good when starting for villa when he just signed for them....fa cup? if they do sign him hope he has a spurt....not of rosie but for us .
If Scott Sinclair returns on 22:37 - Jan 19 with 1096 viewsmonmouth

If Scott Sinclair returns on 11:41 - Jan 19 by tomdickharry

2 PL goals this season,ok in the Championship.No thanks.

I'm not a great fan, but he was outstanding in the championship.

He also knows how to come into the back post to boost our penalty area presence. He can also hit a shot cutting in.

I would have hoped we could find better but if not, and we are limited to £2m for the position, then I don't really see the big argument.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

If Scott Sinclair returns on 00:36 - Jan 20 with 1016 viewsMatlock_Jack

If Scott Sinclair returns on 21:41 - Jan 19 by Brynmill_Jack

If Scott Sinclair returns, that is the player who wasn't good enough in the PL first time round and the biggest one trick pony out there I can only assume it's to try and get us promoted from the Championship next season. And I reckon even that league may have surpassed his abilities now

Insufficient in the PL for me as well, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him back here very shortly.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024