Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Padre Guidolin 16:28 - Jan 24 with 3447 viewsJackistentialist

I don't speak Italian but there appears to be a running joke in Italy that Guidolin is some kind of Church Father?

There are a number of videos on YouTube referring to him as a Priest, the above is just the latest.

If any Italian speakers could reveal what this running gag is all about it would be most welcome.
Padre Guidolin on 16:31 - Jan 24 with 3347 viewsdickythorpe

Ray Davies
Padre Guidolin on 16:33 - Jan 24 with 3307 viewsraynor94

Padre Guidolin on 16:31 - Jan 24 by dickythorpe

Ray Davies

he certainly does!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Padre Guidolin on 16:35 - Jan 24 with 3258 viewsdailew

Might need to keep him away from the youth team.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Padre Guidolin on 16:38 - Jan 24 with 3196 viewsphact0rri

If it was a guess I'd say its a gag referring to his shared name with the current pope Francis (which is Francesco in the Italian, and Spanish)

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Padre Guidolin on 17:08 - Jan 24 with 3020 viewsSuperfurlan

Padre Guidolin on 16:38 - Jan 24 by phact0rri

If it was a guess I'd say its a gag referring to his shared name with the current pope Francis (which is Francesco in the Italian, and Spanish)

Udinese supporter here.
True story about the joke about Guidolin... in his many years in charge of Udinese we used to compare him to a preacher, for his humble ways.
His favorite catchphrase during interviews was "stin calmus" , Friulian for "let's stay calm" when the team was overachieving, in order to keep the team focused.
After some very good seasons here, he struggled the last one, IMHO mostly due to the fact that the management was (and still is) dedicating way more resources to Watford than to Udinese.
Anyway, I'm sure you'll like him as a human being and as a coach/manager, like we still do.

sorry for my english,

Andrea
Padre Guidolin on 17:12 - Jan 24 with 2935 viewsJackistentialist

Thanks for that Andrea and please don't apologise, your written English is very good.
Padre Guidolin on 17:13 - Jan 24 with 2934 viewsDr_Winston

Padre Guidolin on 17:08 - Jan 24 by Superfurlan

Udinese supporter here.
True story about the joke about Guidolin... in his many years in charge of Udinese we used to compare him to a preacher, for his humble ways.
His favorite catchphrase during interviews was "stin calmus" , Friulian for "let's stay calm" when the team was overachieving, in order to keep the team focused.
After some very good seasons here, he struggled the last one, IMHO mostly due to the fact that the management was (and still is) dedicating way more resources to Watford than to Udinese.
Anyway, I'm sure you'll like him as a human being and as a coach/manager, like we still do.

sorry for my english,

Andrea

Your English is better than a lot of posters who speak it as a first language.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Padre Guidolin on 17:13 - Jan 24 with 2927 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Padre Guidolin on 17:08 - Jan 24 by Superfurlan

Udinese supporter here.

sorry for my english,

Andrea

Thank you for the information Andrea! And there is nothing wrong with your English

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Padre Guidolin on 17:24 - Jan 24 with 2754 viewsSuperfurlan

Padre Guidolin on 17:12 - Jan 24 by Jackistentialist

Thanks for that Andrea and please don't apologise, your written English is very good.

And tha't's why you should speak Welsh! :P
Padre Guidolin on 17:27 - Jan 24 with 2703 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Padre Guidolin on 17:24 - Jan 24 by Superfurlan

And tha't's why you should speak Welsh! :P

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Padre Guidolin on 17:30 - Jan 24 with 2659 viewsSuperfurlan

Padre Guidolin on 17:27 - Jan 24 by Brynmill_Jack

sorry, last one was intended as a reply to
"Your English is better than a lot of posters who speak it as a first language."

anyway, best of luck to you for the Premiership and thank you for beating Watford!

Andrea
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024