Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can someone explain to me.... 14:48 - Mar 6 with 4312 viewsthejack1912

The ruling on a player blocking a corner or free kick intentionally, in an illegal position.

Naismith did it 1st half and stood there for a good 6 or seconds before Ash kicked the ball against him. And then in 2nd we went to take a quick corner after a counter attack and two Norwich players blocked that as well. Surely that's a booking?

Finally question, the advantage played for a foul, during which the first pass of that advantage found Routledge in an offside position. Does the ref not pull it back for a free kick if no advantage has been gained?
[Post edited 6 Mar 2016 14:50]

Poll: After making over 300 Apperences is Rangel a Swansea Legend?

Can someone explain to me.... on 14:52 - Mar 6 with 4288 viewsmonmouth

I can explain the first two. if it's our player definite booking. Anyone else, no. Same applies to kicking the ball away, pulling someone back, or team's first foul of the game.

Regarding the last, Pawson decided he was bored and would give Narch every chance to get an equaliser if they could. I was surprised in the end he didn't go totally Madley and gift them a pen. Luckily they didn't dive or shout for one in the box at the end.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2016 14:57]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Can someone explain to me.... on 14:58 - Mar 6 with 4260 viewsPegojack

Those first two situations were examples of the ref bottling a decision. The players involved should have booked, simple as. "Failure to respect the required distance when play is restarted with a corner kick, free kick or throw-in". It makes me mad when the ref doesn't have the balls to do it.

If the ref calls advantage, it's up to the team who were fouled to benefit from the advantage. There's no going back. Unfortunately, sometimes they don't, and the ref is made to look like an idiot. It can be a difficult call.
Can someone explain to me.... on 15:11 - Mar 6 with 4217 viewssherpajacob

What made it even worse was ash was given a lecture for trying to take it quickly.

A few weeks back, think it was either Watford or palace, siggy was booked for time wasting over a corner when two opposition players were standing only 6 yards away and refusing to move.

The two blocking routledge taking a corner should have been booked, pretty certain it would have been a 2nd booking for one of them.

Time to introduce 10 minute sin bins imho

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Can someone explain to me.... on 15:14 - Mar 6 with 4199 viewsClinton

We get less decisions in our favour because we don't "play" the ref. Naismith and other Norwich players were in the referees face whenever there was a decision to be made.
I'm not advocating aggressive lobbying of the ref, but we should have someone in there to counter the opposition.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Can someone explain to me.... on 15:26 - Mar 6 with 4159 viewsPegojack

This not retreating ten yards business is an example of how the minor laws in football get eroded over time by poor referees not enforcing the laws.

I could also point to the law about the keeper only being allowed to hold on to the ball for six seconds (when was the last time you saw an indirect free kick for that?), or the requirement to have both feet touching the ground at the moment you release the ball at a throw in.

When I was reffing local football, as part of my pre match chat with the teams, I would tell them that, contrary to what you might see on MOTD, it is not OK to stand in front of a free kick to prevent it being taken quickly. it is a bookable offence and I will book any player doing it. I don't think I ever had to book anyone for doing it, despite most local league players having the IQ of a radish..
Can someone explain to me.... on 15:41 - Mar 6 with 4100 viewsJackfath

Like in rugby union, I think the club who have been sold short by the ref and his disciples should have the opportunity to cite players. This could lead to a yellow/red card after the match for the players.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Can someone explain to me.... on 15:47 - Mar 6 with 4069 viewsLeonisGod

The players controlled that game, not Pawson. He was weak all afternoon. He pulled loads of stuff up thst he didn't need to and was easily swayed. Norwich cottened on to that pretty quickly and made the most of it.
Can someone explain to me.... on 16:12 - Mar 6 with 3979 viewsLoyal

Can someone explain to me.... on 15:14 - Mar 6 by Clinton

We get less decisions in our favour because we don't "play" the ref. Naismith and other Norwich players were in the referees face whenever there was a decision to be made.
I'm not advocating aggressive lobbying of the ref, but we should have someone in there to counter the opposition.

That tactic lost them the game IMO.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Can someone explain to me.... on 16:29 - Mar 6 with 3931 viewssherpajacob

juan mata just been booked for stopping a quick free kick and whilst typing hes off for a 2nd.

smudger smith said in commentary he knew he would be rightly booked for the first one.

norwich should have ended with about 9 men yesterday

Can someone explain to me.... on 16:31 - Mar 6 with 3917 viewsPegojack

In the match going on right now, Juan Mata was booked by Mike Dean for deliberately not retreating at a free kick. Two minutes later, he gets a second booking, and off.

Say what you like about Mike Dean, he doesn't lack the balls to ref properly.
Can someone explain to me.... on 16:32 - Mar 6 with 3916 viewsmax936

Can someone explain to me.... on 14:58 - Mar 6 by Pegojack

Those first two situations were examples of the ref bottling a decision. The players involved should have booked, simple as. "Failure to respect the required distance when play is restarted with a corner kick, free kick or throw-in". It makes me mad when the ref doesn't have the balls to do it.

If the ref calls advantage, it's up to the team who were fouled to benefit from the advantage. There's no going back. Unfortunately, sometimes they don't, and the ref is made to look like an idiot. It can be a difficult call.

Ash had a talking to from the Ref for some strange reason to, at least one Norwich player should have seen red yesterday as well.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Can someone explain to me.... on 16:35 - Mar 6 with 3907 viewstomdickharry

Its the same for kicking the ball away done all the time now no action taken by ref's,remember Dyer was booked a couple of seasons ago for that action ,he was sent off second bookable offense.
Can someone explain to me.... on 16:51 - Mar 6 with 3858 viewssherpajacob

when the premier league allocate referees, its like the Motd running order, we are always last on the list.

imho michael oliver is the best by a mile and i can only recall him doing man utd at the liberty, when he got all the important decisions right and hey ho... we won.

and he did watford at the liberty the first game after we had graham scott, and we won again
[Post edited 6 Mar 2016 16:58]

Can someone explain to me.... on 16:56 - Mar 6 with 3832 viewsacejack3065

Can someone explain to me.... on 16:31 - Mar 6 by Pegojack

In the match going on right now, Juan Mata was booked by Mike Dean for deliberately not retreating at a free kick. Two minutes later, he gets a second booking, and off.

Say what you like about Mike Dean, he doesn't lack the balls to ref properly.

First red card of the season for Man Utd. That's saying something.

Great refereeing by Mike Dean so far. He's not taking sh*t.

Now that I've said it he's going to get coined and award an iffy Utd penalty.
Can someone explain to me.... on 17:02 - Mar 6 with 3801 viewsjack247

Technically it was a yellow card yesterday. If Pawson had applied the rules correctly it would have been.

If Ash had tried to take a quick free kick and Naismith had blocked it, he probably would have been booked. The fact he tried to prove a point and get an opponent booked by deliberately kicking the ball at Naismith went against him, which it shouldn't have.

Bit of a no win situation for Ash really. Naismith achieved exactly what he wanted to and didn't get punished as he should have.
Can someone explain to me.... on 17:04 - Mar 6 with 3793 viewssully49

Mata was yellow carded for stopping a free kick from being taken and was sent off moments later. The commentater said everyone knows if you stop a free kick its definitely a yellow, so why wasn't this the case yesterday?

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Can someone explain to me.... on 19:18 - Mar 6 with 3642 viewsmikecranleigh

Can someone explain to me.... on 15:14 - Mar 6 by Clinton

I would rather see sin bins introduce as the opposing team get the advantage not a team 5 or 6 games ahead
Can someone explain to me.... on 19:24 - Mar 6 with 3618 viewsjack247

Can someone explain to me.... on 17:04 - Mar 6 by sully49

Mata was yellow carded for stopping a free kick from being taken and was sent off moments later. The commentater said everyone knows if you stop a free kick its definitely a yellow, so why wasn't this the case yesterday?

Because Naismith was clever about it. He didn't lunge and intercept a pass like Mata, he just stood on Ash, when Ash reacted and booted the ball at him, it looked as if he was trying to get Naismith a cheap yellow card and the ref took a view on it. He even had a word with Ash, presumably about ungentlemanly conduct.

Playing to the letter of the law, I think it's a yellow even if you do kick it at an opponent on purpose.
Can someone explain to me.... on 19:26 - Mar 6 with 3609 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Can someone explain to me.... on 19:18 - Mar 6 by mikecranleigh

I would rather see sin bins introduce as the opposing team get the advantage not a team 5 or 6 games ahead

Good point

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Can someone explain to me.... on 19:54 - Mar 6 with 3557 viewssomersetsimon

Can someone explain to me.... on 15:11 - Mar 6 by sherpajacob

What made it even worse was ash was given a lecture for trying to take it quickly.

A few weeks back, think it was either Watford or palace, siggy was booked for time wasting over a corner when two opposition players were standing only 6 yards away and refusing to move.

The two blocking routledge taking a corner should have been booked, pretty certain it would have been a 2nd booking for one of them.

Time to introduce 10 minute sin bins imho

I heard an interview with a ref recently and this came up. He said that sometimes they tell a player not to take the free kick until they blow the whistle (maybe because they need to talk to a player or make a note) and sometimes they tell the players to take it whenever they are ready.
Can someone explain to me.... on 20:56 - Mar 6 with 3487 viewsTrundle10

Can someone explain to me.... on 15:41 - Mar 6 by Jackfath

Like in rugby union, I think the club who have been sold short by the ref and his disciples should have the opportunity to cite players. This could lead to a yellow/red card after the match for the players.

The only Problem here would be that citing would not solve anything. Red cards given after the event would be counter productive. As an example , say we were playing Man City- would we cite Aguero for foul play if it meant that if found guilty he could have a red card issued and he may may miss the next game against for example Newcastle? The reality is we would keep our mouths shut.
Can someone explain to me.... on 21:08 - Mar 6 with 3462 viewsJackfath

Can someone explain to me.... on 20:56 - Mar 6 by Trundle10

The only Problem here would be that citing would not solve anything. Red cards given after the event would be counter productive. As an example , say we were playing Man City- would we cite Aguero for foul play if it meant that if found guilty he could have a red card issued and he may may miss the next game against for example Newcastle? The reality is we would keep our mouths shut.

Agreed.

Then fines need to take place. Fine the players. Fine the clubs.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Can someone explain to me.... on 09:09 - Mar 7 with 3283 viewsEasternJack

On the blocking piece, this is "Delaying the restart of play" and they should have been cautioned in both instances.

The counter argument is that the players are waiting to be informed by the referee to retreat 10 yards, however there's nothing in the laws of the game that requires this - apart from the instruction to referee's to apply the laws in the "Spirit of the Game"

The mistakes attacking players make in these instances is tap the ball against the player - this is why they're told off by the ref as essentially this is seen as trying to get the other player cautioned (Spirit of the Game). Which usually results in a warning for both players.

What Routledge should have done with that corner was ask the Lino if he could take the corner, then make a genuine attempt to cross it into the box...

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Can someone explain to me.... on 09:11 - Mar 7 with 3277 viewsYantoFullPelt

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/laws/football-11-11/law-13---free
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024