Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Accy v Morecum 20:14 - Apr 16 with 2638 viewsGhanaDale

Got dragged along to the Accy game today (I know, I know why wasn't I at Dale? Sh1t fan etc, I'll get over it) and I can safely say if they manage to get promoted it will be straight back down for them again next season.

League 2 must be very poor this season, only 2 players really stood out, Mingoia (who seems to have been there a lifetime) and Josh Windass who is off to Rangers in summer anyway.

Morecambe were dire as always and the snow/hail/whatever it was didn't help.

What surprised me was the way the Stanley players behaved, it was very un-Coleman like. Billy Kee was constantly elbowed in the back and pushed over but there was no real reaction from the players. Maybe Coleman is a changed man, although I doubt it.

2 highlights for me:

1. Stanley's left back kicking the ball against his own face a la Chris Brass and setting up Morecambe for their 2nd.

2. Realising that the hatred of Kevin Ellison is worldwide....or at least Lancashirewide.

If they go up I'll be looking forward to 6 points and a good day out at their place, if we don't go up that is!

www.facebook.com/projectaura

Accy v Morecum on 20:53 - Apr 16 with 2496 viewsTalkingSutty

Can't resist asking... Why wasn't you at the Dale?
Accy v Morecum on 20:55 - Apr 16 with 2486 views_dezzy

Accy v Morecum on 20:53 - Apr 16 by TalkingSutty

Cos he was at accy innit

KHBA

Accy v Morecum on 21:03 - Apr 16 with 2454 viewsGhanaDale

Accy v Morecum on 20:53 - Apr 16 by TalkingSutty

One of my best mates is a Stanley fan and we just have a thing where a couple of times a season he comes to a Dale game and I go to a Stanley game.

We'd planned on going Wycombe away at the end of the month but I'm out of the country now so we decided on this game instead.

www.facebook.com/projectaura

Accy v Morecum on 21:05 - Apr 16 with 2449 viewsTalkingSutty

Accy v Morecum on 20:55 - Apr 16 by _dezzy

Cos he was at accy innit

Cheers, that's answered the question why a Dale fan would be watching Accrington when his own team is down the road striving to reach the Play Offs (not). He probably has a perfectly reasonable explanation that's why I requested his version.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2016 21:08]
Accy v Morecum on 21:06 - Apr 16 with 2439 viewsTalkingSutty

Accy v Morecum on 21:03 - Apr 16 by GhanaDale

One of my best mates is a Stanley fan and we just have a thing where a couple of times a season he comes to a Dale game and I go to a Stanley game.

We'd planned on going Wycombe away at the end of the month but I'm out of the country now so we decided on this game instead.

Cheers, perfectly understandable under those circumstances.
Accy v Morecum on 09:35 - Apr 17 with 2137 viewsColDale

Without sounding like a Bradford fan, the away following from Morecambe looks pitiful. That away end at Accy looks full every week no matter which team turns up, but despite it being Morecambe's closest away game, there were huge gaps behind the goal. Maybe they'd gone in other parts of the ground due to the snow.

I hope Accy don't come up. Not because of any bitterness towards Coleman and Bell but just what they'd do if they did come up. I think they could keep them up in Lge 1, but the only way they could compete is by using every trick in the book, and as we know, they practically wrote it.
Accy v Morecum on 09:43 - Apr 17 with 2117 viewsR17ALE

Accy v Morecum on 09:35 - Apr 17 by ColDale

Without sounding like a Bradford fan, the away following from Morecambe looks pitiful. That away end at Accy looks full every week no matter which team turns up, but despite it being Morecambe's closest away game, there were huge gaps behind the goal. Maybe they'd gone in other parts of the ground due to the snow.

I hope Accy don't come up. Not because of any bitterness towards Coleman and Bell but just what they'd do if they did come up. I think they could keep them up in Lge 1, but the only way they could compete is by using every trick in the book, and as we know, they practically wrote it.

I was listening to Radio Lancs yesterday and this match was one of their commentary games where the commentators praised the 242 (I think) visiting fans as being an excellent turnout!

Incidentally Radio Lancs are miles better than GMR and the matey set. A choice of 3 commentary games with insightful analysis and no mention of Bolton. And no droning voices either.

The commentators at Spotland were waxing lyrical about our club, the way we do things, our style of play and so forth.

EDIT: Just to add, I've remembered the exact words! "this club has a feel of a club that's going places. It's being built brick by brick from the bottom up and on gates of a little over 2000 you have to marvel at how they do it. And the way they play is a joy to watch. From the first minute they set their stall out the way they were going to play and they stuck at it making sure each individual battle was won."
[Post edited 17 Apr 2016 9:56]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024