Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? 10:26 - Apr 22 with 3837 viewsLoyal

What would you prefer ?
WBA fan on the radio last night said Championship.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 10:32 - Apr 22 with 2559 viewsoldcob

So what do you wish for when you're in the Championship? Promotion to the Premier League innit?
Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 10:36 - Apr 22 with 2550 viewsPegojack

Obviously I want us to remain in the Premier League, but this season has been a painful experience at times.

'Survival stuff' by definition implies that you're mostly playing sh1t, which we have been on too many occasions this season.

My realistic ambition is for us to be in the Premier League, comfortably mid table or pushing for Europa League spot, playing good football and throwing up the odd surprise for the big boys.
Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 10:37 - Apr 22 with 2540 viewsOldjack

Prem ,it's exciting if your close to or in the top six in the championship, but if your not it's dull ,whereas for a club like ours ,getting one over the big guns along with pitting our wits against some of the best players in the world in this unforgiven league throughout the whole season we're in is far more exciting ,well it is for me anyway

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 10:37 - Apr 22 with 2540 viewsMervyn

My wish is for a stadium full of fans that don't fking whinge and moan .
im out of here
Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 10:45 - Apr 22 with 2522 viewsJethroJack

Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 10:36 - Apr 22 by Pegojack

Obviously I want us to remain in the Premier League, but this season has been a painful experience at times.

'Survival stuff' by definition implies that you're mostly playing sh1t, which we have been on too many occasions this season.

My realistic ambition is for us to be in the Premier League, comfortably mid table or pushing for Europa League spot, playing good football and throwing up the odd surprise for the big boys.

Agree with this, but even in our "shitiest" season so far in the Premier League, there were still some decent highlights....beating Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea (and drawing) & Everton.

Who knows, we might even add to those highlights before mid-May....Leicester, Liverpool, West Ham, City - all with European involvement and/or aspirations.

Premier League every time, Shirley!! 😁👌
Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 10:55 - Apr 22 with 2503 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Just because you are in the Championship instead of the Prem does not mean that you won't still play Sh*t football, you will just play it against other Sh*t teams instead of the supposedely best in the UK.
The football quality is down to the Players and how they are managed & trained, not what league you are in.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2016 11:29]
Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 11:21 - Apr 22 with 2457 viewsjack247

Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 10:32 - Apr 22 by oldcob

So what do you wish for when you're in the Championship? Promotion to the Premier League innit?

Absolutely.

People seem to overlook the fact that near enough everyone in the Championship would park the bus against us at home now. Games are exciting when both teams go at each other. It would be the same for West Brom.

Their problem (in terms of attractive football) is their manager, not which division they are in.
Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 12:11 - Apr 22 with 2364 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 10:32 - Apr 22 by oldcob

Absolutely.

If you don't want promotion when you're in the championship because it would mean survival football that hardly makes for excitement does it?

Unless you mean exciting football in which you win plenty of games 3-2 and lose plenty 3-2 as well whilst ensuring that you don't win one or two too many and end up promoted or anything calamitous like that.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 12:18 - Apr 22 with 2344 viewsPegojack

Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 12:11 - Apr 22 by Joe_bradshaw

Absolutely.

If you don't want promotion when you're in the championship because it would mean survival football that hardly makes for excitement does it?

Unless you mean exciting football in which you win plenty of games 3-2 and lose plenty 3-2 as well whilst ensuring that you don't win one or two too many and end up promoted or anything calamitous like that.

A bit like Cardiff's season!

They've been so excited that they've had to give all their tickets away free just to get anyone in there.
Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 13:15 - Apr 22 with 2240 viewstomdickharry

Premier League every time,some strengthening here and there, shrewd Management/Recruitment/Ownership should see us enjoy the experience throw all the TV games in,the PL is great.
Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 13:20 - Apr 22 with 2226 viewscrix

Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 10:37 - Apr 22 by Mervyn

My wish is for a stadium full of fans that don't fking whinge and moan .
im out of here

I think even if we were champions league we still wouldn't achieve that goal.
Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 13:30 - Apr 22 with 2207 viewsOldjack

Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 13:20 - Apr 22 by crix

I think even if we were champions league we still wouldn't achieve that goal.

Just take a look at the gunners if you want to hear top class whinging .Spoilt brats they are

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 13:38 - Apr 22 with 2192 viewsplasjack

Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 13:30 - Apr 22 by Oldjack

Just take a look at the gunners if you want to hear top class whinging .Spoilt brats they are

P/L for me, and the longer we are there we can improve our infrastructure even more.
Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 13:43 - Apr 22 with 2180 viewsjakarmi

Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 13:30 - Apr 22 by Oldjack

Exactly - i hope Wenger gets p*ssed off with all the abuse he gets and fcuks off - only then will the penny drop with some Arsenal fans. That saying, 'be careful what you wish for' never been more apt.
As far as swans concerned i still enjoy the games in the PL, but it doesnt seem to bother me so much as it did in the lower divisions. I guess its because nothing will ever beat that day at Wembley.
Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 13:47 - Apr 22 with 2168 viewsPhil_S

Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 10:37 - Apr 22 by Oldjack

Prem ,it's exciting if your close to or in the top six in the championship, but if your not it's dull ,whereas for a club like ours ,getting one over the big guns along with pitting our wits against some of the best players in the world in this unforgiven league throughout the whole season we're in is far more exciting ,well it is for me anyway

Agree with most of what you said but there are very few players in this division that can be classed as close to the best in the world IMO
Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 13:54 - Apr 22 with 2147 viewsClinton

stay in the prem. Really go for the Cups, that's where we can get extra excitement.
In the last two years we've really shot ourselves in the foot in the Cups. We can't get top six, go for the cups don't use fringe players.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 14:27 - Apr 22 with 2101 viewsairedale

Not for me, ambition is for the unpleasant part of your life not enjoyment or sport. We've all become brainwashed over the years to think like that, and, imo, when you're ambitious and competitive it seems to me to be ultimately for the benefit of a third party.

Its just the football mun, and for me the best time I've had down there was our recent seasons in the Championship.

Oh, the money in the PL is nice to have though.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2016 14:29]
Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 14:31 - Apr 22 with 2082 viewsjasonbromham

Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 14:27 - Apr 22 by airedale

Not for me, ambition is for the unpleasant part of your life not enjoyment or sport. We've all become brainwashed over the years to think like that, and, imo, when you're ambitious and competitive it seems to me to be ultimately for the benefit of a third party.

Its just the football mun, and for me the best time I've had down there was our recent seasons in the Championship.

Oh, the money in the PL is nice to have though.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2016 14:29]

The championship & league 1 days were really some of the best! The liberty used to be rocking, how times change :(
Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 14:51 - Apr 22 with 2067 viewsJack11

Very interesting debate. Hate the corporate nature of the prem and all that goes with that. Plastic fans, so much money involved means that generally teams play pragmatic football. The premier league's aura and razzmatazz are greater than the reality in my view. Like going on a Kuoni holiday. Love the Championship though - it is the thinking mans jewel in the crown of football in UK.
Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 14:56 - Apr 22 with 2044 viewsjack247

Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 14:51 - Apr 22 by Jack11

Very interesting debate. Hate the corporate nature of the prem and all that goes with that. Plastic fans, so much money involved means that generally teams play pragmatic football. The premier league's aura and razzmatazz are greater than the reality in my view. Like going on a Kuoni holiday. Love the Championship though - it is the thinking mans jewel in the crown of football in UK.

Can't argue with that. Only real problem with the Championship though, is once you are secure in it, all you want to do is get out of it!
Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 15:01 - Apr 22 with 2038 viewsJack11

Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 14:56 - Apr 22 by jack247

Can't argue with that. Only real problem with the Championship though, is once you are secure in it, all you want to do is get out of it!

The grass is always greener - unless you go to ewood park in January etc etc
Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 15:57 - Apr 22 with 1987 viewsEdmundo

Like Cardiff play 😂

Exciting I don't think is what their fans are describing Slade's football as! Watchable long ball.......😉 maybe.

Now Boro and Brighton.....might be different stuff......we'll see in a few months👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 16:05 - Apr 22 with 1972 viewsTummer_from_Texas

10K fans (on a good day) in the Liberty, or a full house every time?

Can't believe this is a serious question.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 16:22 - Apr 22 with 1942 viewsMrSwerve

Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 16:05 - Apr 22 by Tummer_from_Texas

Some of our fans would rather be in League Two playing the likes of Rushden and Diamonds again, watching talents such as Steve Watkin and Carl Heggs, in front of a 4k crowd at the Vetch. (Good days they were, mind.)

I agree it's a daft question though. Would we rather be in the most valuable league in the World with millions watching, bringing in fans from all over the World (yourself included)...or would we rather stagnate in the Championship watching even more hoofball.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 17:02 - Apr 22 with 1895 viewsjack247

Exciting football in the championship or survival stuff in the premier league ? on 16:05 - Apr 22 by Tummer_from_Texas

It's not. I totally understand the nostalgia both for the Vetch and the early days at the Liberty though.

Ask fans of any Championship club where they would rather be.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024