Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Faurlin Leaving 09:34 - May 9 with 26929 viewsdaveB

according to this

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/junior-hoilett-qpr-contract
Faurlin Leaving on 14:09 - May 9 with 3076 viewsAntti_Heinola

Gutted. But not totally surprised. Not sure whether I think it's right or wrong yet.

Bare bones.

Faurlin Leaving on 14:11 - May 9 with 3054 viewsbaz_qpr

Faurlin Leaving on 11:09 - May 9 by Northernr

Even without the sentimentality of this I think Faurlin and Hill are both just about the best players we have in those positions. They'll need some replacing as footballers first and foremost. Then there's the dressing room influence and care about the club that you lose, the experience to pass onto younger players etc. This will also add pressure to Hasselbaink if he doesn't start next season well.

I'll wait and see who they bring in and how they go but it's a big, risky call.

What Clive says. Huge risk we now have no leaders, no players with strong affinity to the club. This will either go very well or relegation bad
Faurlin Leaving on 14:16 - May 9 with 3012 viewspaulparker

Faurlin Leaving on 14:03 - May 9 by terryb

My wish is that the club had announced this prior to Saturday so that Ale (and Clint) could have been given the send off that they deserved.

Thank you Ale. Watching you play for Rangers has been wonderful. If in London & available, please join us in the pub before a game!

If anyone knows of a way for us non facebook, twitter, instagram fellows to show Ale our gratitude please let me know.

Hopefully, this will prove a good decision for you Ale & that you continue to play for a few more years. You will be very welcome on any return to the Bush.

To anyone at the club, or someone who can convey a message to the club, if possible please arrange something to give us a chance to say goodbye.

ALE FAURLIN, a Queens Park Rangers legend!

totally agree, the club should have announced this about the Wednesday so that the players and fans get used to the idea and that at the end of the game Ali & Clint get a standing ovation etc
the whole thing doesn't leave a nice taste in the mouth especially when we are or where keen to keep that waste of oxygen Hoilett , yes I know JFH is the boss and he is being ruthless , but the club should have been a bit more classier to 2 players who have given everything

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Faurlin Leaving on 14:17 - May 9 with 2996 viewssimmo

Faurlin Leaving on 12:50 - May 9 by daveB

Faurlins post on instagram doesn't suggest it was mutual

"I see Ale as a squad player for next year but he wants to play game after game after game, which I understand. Unfortunately I am not able to give him that assurance. From there, we have made our decision to go our separate ways."

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qpr-jimmy-floyd-hasselbaink-release-clint-hill

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Faurlin Leaving on 14:22 - May 9 with 2964 viewsjohncharles

Faurlin Leaving on 14:17 - May 9 by simmo

"I see Ale as a squad player for next year but he wants to play game after game after game, which I understand. Unfortunately I am not able to give him that assurance. From there, we have made our decision to go our separate ways."

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qpr-jimmy-floyd-hasselbaink-release-clint-hill

Management speak for "you're sacked"

Strong and stable my arse.

Faurlin Leaving on 14:23 - May 9 with 2975 viewsdaveB

talk about wanting more athletic players and yet we are in talks to keep Karl Henry. Mind Boggling

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qpr-jimmy-floyd-hasselbaink-release-clint-hill
Faurlin Leaving on 14:35 - May 9 with 2909 viewsCiderwithRsie

Faurlin Leaving on 14:22 - May 9 by johncharles

Management speak for "you're sacked"

I don't think that's fair, John.

I accept dejavu's point that Faurlin's half a player. As such, I'd like him in the squad if we can afford it, but I wouldn't be making any promises of him starting every game. It's also understandable if Faurlin wants to start regularly.

Sounds like mutual consent to me.
Faurlin Leaving on 14:35 - May 9 with 2909 viewsnadera78

Faurlin Leaving on 14:23 - May 9 by daveB

talk about wanting more athletic players and yet we are in talks to keep Karl Henry. Mind Boggling

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qpr-jimmy-floyd-hasselbaink-release-clint-hill

Not just Henry, but that f*cking parasite Hoilett too!
Login to get fewer ads

Faurlin Leaving on 14:35 - May 9 with 2904 viewspaulparker

So we sack off Ali for a p1ss poor excuse that he needs to play every game but then try and keep Karl Friggin Henry for another season , Madness

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Faurlin Leaving on 14:36 - May 9 with 2905 viewsPhilmyRs

The club took their time with the last management appointment. JFH ticked all the right boxes and was given the job following (by QPR standards) a fairly lengthy appointment process. From JFH’s perspective he’s clearly taken the job on the understanding that he would have a key role to play in the decision making process — both from a coaching and player recruitment level. The Steven Gallen fiasco and now this, suggest the club are sticking to their word and supporting the Manager. I should really applaud them for that.

However, there’s a pretty nasty smell left in the mouth when you read that our Manager has shown a keenness to retain the services of Junior Hoillett, a vastly overpaid player, that until recently hasn’t showed anything like the ability, and more importantly the commitment, that playing for our club demands, whilst at the same time offloading two club legends that have done more for the club both in performance and commitment than that waster ever did.

You can say what you like about Faurlin and Hill, but I always feel we’re a better side with them in it. JFH is taking a composed central midfielder that can actually pass the ball and an experienced, old school defender from our squad, two areas of the team that we’re seriously weak in.

Lee Hoos spoke at the recent live podcast about a certain type of player being suited to the championship, we’ll do well to find 2 better replacements for championship football than Hill or Faurlin.
Faurlin Leaving on 14:36 - May 9 with 2896 viewsTHEBUSH

I suppose at the end of the day it's all about money and the budget JFH has to work with, that's it
Faurlin Leaving on 14:40 - May 9 with 2872 viewsbrewers_hoop

Well I think it's a rash decision. I know there's a lot more emphasis on pace these days but lots of ex-players maintain Wilkins was the best they played with at Rangers, even though he was in the twilight of his career. You can run all you like but you can't teach that unerring ability to pick out a pass.

A Charlton mate of mine, who has played at a decent level, was at their recent trip to Loftus Road, and in between moaning how we didn't deserve to win, he said him and his mates picked out Faurlin as the class act on the field - and how they wished they'd got someone like that in their midfield.

Good luck Ale - and thanks for the memories.
Faurlin Leaving on 14:40 - May 9 with 2870 viewsAntti_Heinola

tbf he says he would have liked to keep Ale too, but not as first choice. Very difficult to really know what went on.
Deeply sad that those two won't be at the club anymore though.

Bare bones.

Faurlin Leaving on 14:42 - May 9 with 2856 viewsrichranger

This is why they wanted us to renew our season tickets early, would have had second thoughts if knew both Ale and Clint were going. The heart of the club has been ripped out.
Faurlin Leaving on 14:48 - May 9 with 2825 viewsSonofNorfolt

So Ale is leaving and Henry is still in talks? Blind leading the blind.
Generally, if Ale didn't feature this season then Rangers weren't worth watching and were unlikely to win.
He is/was our best footballer by a mile and has surprised most by coming back from three terrible injuries.
Clint, although 37 is still the only leader on the pitch we possess, and will carry on marshalling defences for one last season at Shaun Derry's Cambridge Utd probably.

We have lost our only leader and only decent footballer, so we are right to be concerned about our fate.
Don't expect us to be enjoyable to watch any time soon, and if that useless anti-footballer Henry gets a new deal, lower your expectations for next season to include possible relegation.
Faurlin Leaving on 14:48 - May 9 with 2816 viewsbosh67

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qpr-released-list-clint-hill-alejandro-faurlin

The Hoilett thing is mind boggling for me. I think he has been much much better this season and his attitude has been excellent of late but he clearly wants to play in the Prem so let him go. As Ranieri said at Leicester, if they want to play, stay, if they don't then no problem, go.

So we let two players that want to stay go and try and keep one that wants to leave. Hmmm.

Re Henry, I have no problem with him staying as a squad player. He has an excellent attitude, is hard working. He has also recovered his form. He can fill in to block the midfield and play right back when needed. He's also not on a huge salary, contrary to what people think. He is quite a good role model for the young players.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Faurlin Leaving on 14:54 - May 9 with 2804 viewsAntti_Heinola

Faurlin Leaving on 14:36 - May 9 by PhilmyRs

The club took their time with the last management appointment. JFH ticked all the right boxes and was given the job following (by QPR standards) a fairly lengthy appointment process. From JFH’s perspective he’s clearly taken the job on the understanding that he would have a key role to play in the decision making process — both from a coaching and player recruitment level. The Steven Gallen fiasco and now this, suggest the club are sticking to their word and supporting the Manager. I should really applaud them for that.

However, there’s a pretty nasty smell left in the mouth when you read that our Manager has shown a keenness to retain the services of Junior Hoillett, a vastly overpaid player, that until recently hasn’t showed anything like the ability, and more importantly the commitment, that playing for our club demands, whilst at the same time offloading two club legends that have done more for the club both in performance and commitment than that waster ever did.

You can say what you like about Faurlin and Hill, but I always feel we’re a better side with them in it. JFH is taking a composed central midfielder that can actually pass the ball and an experienced, old school defender from our squad, two areas of the team that we’re seriously weak in.

Lee Hoos spoke at the recent live podcast about a certain type of player being suited to the championship, we’ll do well to find 2 better replacements for championship football than Hill or Faurlin.

I can understand his thinking with Hoilett, though. He's been consistently good since JFH came in - and he can only take as he finds. Turned the game on Saturday, too. Yes, he's vastly overpaid, but that's not JFH's fault, Hoilett's fault, Les's fault or Hoos's fault. Hoilett will have to take a dramatic pay cut to stay (while still earning a huge salary), so I doubt it'll happen, but I can see JFH's POV.

I love Ale more than anyone. But, again, I can see the thinking. We're not hard enough, strong enough or fast enough in the centre of midfield. As a club, I don't think we could keep both Ale and Henry. He obviously offered Ale something, but it wasn't enough. I suspect it may end up being the same with Karl, because another club might offer 2 years when all we'll offer is one.

I think the 'heart and soul ripped out' comments by others are a bit OTT. Clint's been considering retirement for about 3 seasons now. I probably would have kept him for emergencies, but it's not really a controversial decision and we desperately need a younger version of him. Hopefully, JFH knows who that is. As for Ale, the club has stood by him throughout. For me he did enough to earn another year, but if not this summer then next summer both he and Clint would have left. The 'heart and soul' has to be revamped and replaced at some stage. It was Kev and Birch and Shittu not long ago and before that Bard and Macca. We found new heroes. We'll do so again.

Bare bones.

Faurlin Leaving on 15:05 - May 9 with 2765 viewsbosh67

Okay, having read this I sort of get JFH's reasoning, particularly with Ale and nice to see that he thinks Clint will be back at the club as a coach one day, so perhaps that discussion has been muted.

I personally hope Ale and Clint will return to be a big part of the academy. They are perfect professionals who love the club and bring lots of similar minded young players through.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Faurlin Leaving on 15:11 - May 9 with 2744 viewsDiscodroids

fack me, end of season talks again to keep Karl Henry here for another 12 months ..as regular as Wilfred Brambles Waiting for Joe Orton to suck him off at London fields park urinal in the summer of 1964. Long past time to let him go and forge a new career playing the paper and comb With a jack Russell in front of a bored looking simon cowell on BGT.

The news of him leaving was the opium of my eight ball.
[Post edited 9 May 2016 15:35]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Faurlin Leaving on 15:21 - May 9 with 2698 viewspaulparker

Faurlin Leaving on 14:54 - May 9 by Antti_Heinola

I can understand his thinking with Hoilett, though. He's been consistently good since JFH came in - and he can only take as he finds. Turned the game on Saturday, too. Yes, he's vastly overpaid, but that's not JFH's fault, Hoilett's fault, Les's fault or Hoos's fault. Hoilett will have to take a dramatic pay cut to stay (while still earning a huge salary), so I doubt it'll happen, but I can see JFH's POV.

I love Ale more than anyone. But, again, I can see the thinking. We're not hard enough, strong enough or fast enough in the centre of midfield. As a club, I don't think we could keep both Ale and Henry. He obviously offered Ale something, but it wasn't enough. I suspect it may end up being the same with Karl, because another club might offer 2 years when all we'll offer is one.

I think the 'heart and soul ripped out' comments by others are a bit OTT. Clint's been considering retirement for about 3 seasons now. I probably would have kept him for emergencies, but it's not really a controversial decision and we desperately need a younger version of him. Hopefully, JFH knows who that is. As for Ale, the club has stood by him throughout. For me he did enough to earn another year, but if not this summer then next summer both he and Clint would have left. The 'heart and soul' has to be revamped and replaced at some stage. It was Kev and Birch and Shittu not long ago and before that Bard and Macca. We found new heroes. We'll do so again.

the comments are not OOT , the heart has been ripped out of the club

Faurlin - a brilliant playmaker, who has come back from 3 terrible injuries, we tick when he dictate's the game he is our talisman , aside from on the pitch have a look off it
Ale is the first to help with the tiger cubs, he is there for the podcasts , he is there in the hospital when a fella gets run over going to a game , that's someone who is the heartbeat of a club , a club that lost its identity BTW when it got all Billy big bollox by signing the likes of Hoilett on 65 k a week
Hill is the same, put his body on the line when it mattered, would play any position you asked of him no matter what crap was happening behind the scenes
kept his dignity when the club lost there's , and was one of us
why couldn't the club announce this last week so both players got a good send off
how must they feel when we try and resign a crook like Hoilett
macca, the gallens, Olly, Warnock , Parker, Waddock , Kenny, all treated like sh1t by the club and im sorry to say Hill and Faurlin have been to

Faurlin Leaving on 15:48 - May 9 with 2597 viewsAntti_Heinola

Faurlin Leaving on 15:21 - May 9 by paulparker

the comments are not OOT , the heart has been ripped out of the club

Faurlin - a brilliant playmaker, who has come back from 3 terrible injuries, we tick when he dictate's the game he is our talisman , aside from on the pitch have a look off it
Ale is the first to help with the tiger cubs, he is there for the podcasts , he is there in the hospital when a fella gets run over going to a game , that's someone who is the heartbeat of a club , a club that lost its identity BTW when it got all Billy big bollox by signing the likes of Hoilett on 65 k a week
Hill is the same, put his body on the line when it mattered, would play any position you asked of him no matter what crap was happening behind the scenes
kept his dignity when the club lost there's , and was one of us
why couldn't the club announce this last week so both players got a good send off
how must they feel when we try and resign a crook like Hoilett
macca, the gallens, Olly, Warnock , Parker, Waddock , Kenny, all treated like sh1t by the club and im sorry to say Hill and Faurlin have been to

don't disagree with a lot of that if you read what I wrote. Calm down, you sound hysterical mate.

Bare bones.

Faurlin Leaving on 15:54 - May 9 with 2557 viewspaulparker

Faurlin Leaving on 15:48 - May 9 by Antti_Heinola

don't disagree with a lot of that if you read what I wrote. Calm down, you sound hysterical mate.

how do sound hysterical ?? you said it was OOT and I said it wasn't
now wind your neck in

Faurlin Leaving on 16:02 - May 9 with 2507 viewsDando

Disappointed we are offering Henry a contract. He works hard, but that is it. Offers no pace, no creativity, and normally has the crowd on his back.

Although he would be useful enough as a squad player, I really hope he is not in the plan to be a regular starter. If we are planning on starting Henry alongside Luongo, I fear for the worst - especially with Tozser still at the club.

Have to say that there needs to be a lot of rebuilding done now. Apart from Petrasso, I have not seen any promising performances from our youngsters. Gladwin looks very weak too, along with Nasser.

Hope we can add a few quality players, and add to the base of Smithies, Hall and Luongo
Faurlin Leaving on 16:06 - May 9 with 2493 viewsPhilmyRs

Faurlin Leaving on 14:54 - May 9 by Antti_Heinola

Take your point on Hoillett and JFH’s decision, but it doesn’t stop the decision leaving a nasty taste (sorry not smell!) in the mouth when you see he’s potentially being retained and 2 impeccable servants to the club are being released. I’d also imagine that a lot of the fans/owners views of the player and how disappointing he’s been would have filtered down to JFH. It doesn’t take a genius to work out his effort levels have increased considerably with the impending loss of an excellent contract.

But yes, I suppose JFH can only judge what he sees which is why I’d have liked Les to have taken this decision away from him. It’s about installing pride and credibility back into the club. A guy can’t take the pi*s for 3.5 years and then play quite well for a few months and be retained. I’m all for the Manager being involved in all footballing decisions but in certain instances, for the reputation of the club, he should be overruled.

Regarding Hill and Faurlin, we lack leadership and we often lack composure. both players bring at least one of those qualities to the table. I think keeping them, the benefits would have far outweighed the negatives. Fans would have been onside, leadership and Championship defending qualities could have been covered by Hill, whilst Faurlin would have offered the classy footballing skills we may well long for again a couple of months into next season when the high tempo pressing game may not always be working.
Faurlin Leaving on 16:24 - May 9 with 2432 viewsLimerickR

Must say I'm very sad to hear this. If only every player gave 100% like they did.

Nice message from Clint to Faurlin on the Instagram post:

I wish them both nothing but good fortune in the future.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024