Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Carroll 11:02 - May 26 with 7985 viewsJohnw102

Released by Spurs, BR after him for Celtic. Think he would be OK as a replacement for Leon?

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Tom Carroll on 13:32 - May 26 with 1958 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Tom Carroll on 12:17 - May 26 by Landore_Jack

I remember him having an outstanding game against Arsenal at home. We won 2-1.
[Post edited 26 May 2016 12:19]

watched that game again the other night - he was superb

first game after Bony left I think

Also superb Southampton away - definitely has the defensive nous based on those 2

really think we should go for him now he's available

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Tom Carroll on 13:35 - May 26 with 1947 viewsBloodyhills

I'd have him in the squad.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Tom Carroll on 13:36 - May 26 with 1946 viewspencoedjack

Tom Carroll on 11:57 - May 26 by Pegojack

Tidy player at Championship or Jock level maybe, but not good enough for us.

Watch Huw go and sign him on now.

Totally agree
Tom Carroll on 14:09 - May 26 with 1892 viewsWiggle

A big no from me, and in reply to someone earlier , Leon was far better at his age and stood out as a youngster even in the lower divisions with a lot more rough and tumble lol.

I hope we aim for much higher.
Tom Carroll on 14:18 - May 26 with 1870 viewsAl_Bundy

Need better than Carroll to maintain and progress.

Although he's played for us before so he's a shoe in straightway regardless
Tom Carroll on 14:51 - May 26 with 1835 viewsjack247

I didn't think he was anything special last time. We have enough squad players in midfield. If we are going to sign central midfielders they have to be good enough to improve the team.
Tom Carroll on 15:00 - May 26 with 1824 viewsicecoldjack

Decent player but players like Carroll are Two a penny in La Liga, probably get someone better for half the wages.

If we sign Allen then i think our midfield is ok.
Tom Carroll on 15:11 - May 26 with 1800 viewsJango

Tom Carroll on 14:09 - May 26 by Wiggle

A big no from me, and in reply to someone earlier , Leon was far better at his age and stood out as a youngster even in the lower divisions with a lot more rough and tumble lol.

I hope we aim for much higher.

He stood out because he was a premiership player playing in league 1. I guarantee carrol would stand out if he was playing in league 1 also. The boy has got tremendous ability. He's achieved about as much for Spurs as Allan has for Liverpool and Spurs have a much better midfield.
Login to get fewer ads

Tom Carroll on 15:16 - May 26 with 1786 viewsItchySphincter

Tom Carroll on 12:29 - May 26 by oldgrey

Too lightweight. The facts that Spurs are releasing him says it all really.

Sounds like a perfect replacement for Ki then. Go get him Huw.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Tom Carroll on 15:25 - May 26 with 1782 viewsveng9

Tom Carroll on 13:32 - May 26 by PatchesOHoulihan

watched that game again the other night - he was superb

first game after Bony left I think

Also superb Southampton away - definitely has the defensive nous based on those 2

really think we should go for him now he's available

It was in November so Bony was still here.
Tom Carroll on 16:33 - May 26 with 1697 viewsjack247

Tom Carroll on 15:11 - May 26 by Jango

He stood out because he was a premiership player playing in league 1. I guarantee carrol would stand out if he was playing in league 1 also. The boy has got tremendous ability. He's achieved about as much for Spurs as Allan has for Liverpool and Spurs have a much better midfield.

I'm sure he would. If we were in league one he would be a fantastic signing for us. As would Eder and Tabanou.
Tom Carroll on 18:21 - May 26 with 1638 viewsStarsky

The club will know much more than us, having seen him in training etc whilst he was with us.
If we don't go for him then it's probably for the best.
If we do however then we don't have much to lose by giving him a chance.

It's just the internet, init.

Tom Carroll on 18:30 - May 26 with 1614 viewsjojaca

Tom Carroll on 18:21 - May 26 by Starsky

The club will know much more than us, having seen him in training etc whilst he was with us.
If we don't go for him then it's probably for the best.
If we do however then we don't have much to lose by giving him a chance.

He has improved alot this season for Spurs, I have been impressed with him everytime I have seen him this season. Surprised Spurs are letting him go.

Even when you know, you never know?

Tom Carroll on 18:36 - May 26 with 1602 viewsJango

Tom Carroll on 18:30 - May 26 by jojaca

He has improved alot this season for Spurs, I have been impressed with him everytime I have seen him this season. Surprised Spurs are letting him go.

I think he'd be a cracking signing for very little outlay.
Tom Carroll on 19:34 - May 26 with 1541 viewsClinton

Tom Carroll on 11:48 - May 26 by LeonisGod

A tidy player for us without being top draw, and was suited to us. My only worry would be that he hasn't pushed on. Is he going to be another one with potential who doesn't live up to it?

Personally I think our priority should be a top notch box-to-box player who can sit alongside Jack and offer a bit more in the final third than Jack. Maybe that will end up being Fer, but I'd prefer a marque signing who can carry us to the next level.

Did very well for Spurs in their cup games. he would do well for us I think.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Tom Carroll on 19:59 - May 26 with 1324 viewsAl_Bundy

Why do posters think because someone is cheap we should sign them? We are in the best league in the world and need to compete to survive especially next season. Would rather us spend a bit more and get some quality depth in our squad than get someone who is just going to sit on our bench all season.
Tom Carroll on 20:02 - May 26 with 1323 viewsshandyjack

Tom Carroll on 19:59 - May 26 by Al_Bundy

Why do posters think because someone is cheap we should sign them? We are in the best league in the world and need to compete to survive especially next season. Would rather us spend a bit more and get some quality depth in our squad than get someone who is just going to sit on our bench all season.

but we are not mad of money or a rich club, if the opportunity to cash in on Ki and replace with Tom Carroll came around then we replace like for like and bank £6/7m

Poll: Expectation for the season

Tom Carroll on 20:12 - May 26 with 1302 viewsAl_Bundy

Tom Carroll on 20:02 - May 26 by shandyjack

but we are not mad of money or a rich club, if the opportunity to cash in on Ki and replace with Tom Carroll came around then we replace like for like and bank £6/7m

So would that trade of Ki for Carroll be a good footballing decision for the club?
Tom Carroll on 20:21 - May 26 with 1296 viewsmagicdaps10

Tom Carroll on 13:25 - May 26 by Darran

Fair play you're a right state butt.

That is rich coming from you Daz!!

Absolutely class, you have made me smile there Darren!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Tom Carroll on 20:26 - May 26 with 1282 viewsMatlock_Jack

Tom Carroll on 20:12 - May 26 by Al_Bundy

So would that trade of Ki for Carroll be a good footballing decision for the club?

Not for me, no.

IMO, He would benefit Celtic to some extent.
Tom Carroll on 20:38 - May 26 with 1264 viewstomdickharry

Spurs don't consider him good enough for them,nevertheless, he would be a useful signing for us as our aspirations are perhaps not quite those of Spurs.Has PL experience and as a left footed player would supplement that side of our midfield. Should be within our budgetary constraints, so the Management team will possibly have him on their list of signings.
Tom Carroll on 21:33 - May 26 with 1190 viewsshandyjack

Tom Carroll on 20:12 - May 26 by Al_Bundy

think they are very similar players

Poll: Expectation for the season

Tom Carroll on 22:07 - May 26 with 1149 viewsAl_Bundy

Tom Carroll on 21:33 - May 26 by shandyjack

think they are very similar players

If we signed Carroll would you keep Grimes?
Tom Carroll on 22:35 - May 26 with 1106 viewsMurph75

Wasn't great for us and I doubt he's turned in to Paul Pogba either.

Scottish league is about his standard.
Tom Carroll on 22:56 - May 26 with 1073 viewsdameedna

Fulton Grimes and Carroll.
Should on paper make a good midfield.
I think this one depends on the manager and I'd guess Guidolin is looking at a different option.

I wouldnt go down the path of signing early like Monk tried. It was a good idea at the time but this time we should wait for the Euros to end.

We may lose a player or two but as it becomes clear the best clubs have sorted out their first 16 we could get some Maestro in midfield.

The Ian Callaghan of today. 😁
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024