Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job 15:00 - May 31 with 24344 viewsmacthejack

http://www.thesackrace.com/news/31st-may-2016/garry-monk-new-frontrunner-for-lee
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:26 - May 31 with 2383 viewsMurph75

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:23 - May 31 by Darran

Did he bring the players in then?

The board bring in the successful players and the managers bring in the ones that don't work out.

Any Swans fan know that
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:27 - May 31 with 2379 viewsjack247

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:17 - May 31 by Murph75

I've no idea what that last sentence means?!

I've re-read it. Nothing complex in there, but just in case you are being serious....

Darran was strongly implying that either I, or people in general, felt Monk could do no wrong as Laudrup was some kind of messiah. Maybe in some peoples eyes, but certainly not mine. Like Monk, he was very successful initially, but ultimately he failed and deserved the sack.
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:28 - May 31 with 2377 viewsBanosswan

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 18:18 - May 31 by Murph75

Taking the club to an 8th place finish and doing the double over a lot of the bigger teams in the league certainly put him on the map.

Which league is that Murph?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:28 - May 31 with 2377 viewsDarran

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:26 - May 31 by Murph75

The board bring in the successful players and the managers bring in the ones that don't work out.

Any Swans fan know that

Spot on.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:28 - May 31 with 2376 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 18:34 - May 31 by Darran

F*ck him.

That's no way to talk about a club legend. We may not been promoted without his block.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:30 - May 31 with 2366 viewsMurph75

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:28 - May 31 by Banosswan

Which league is that Murph?

I'm not falling for that one again
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:32 - May 31 with 2360 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:15 - May 31 by jack247

That's a weird one. He pretty much is Michael Laudrup in the way he enhanced his reputation with us in the first season and then trashed it straight after,

Laudrup was linked with Barcelona and Real Madrid after his first season, Monk with West Ham and England. Now Laudrup manages in the desert and Monk would be lucky to get any managerial job in the Championship.

Don't take reasonable criticism of Monk as Laudrup fandom, you couldn't be further from the truth.

Darran can't understand reasonable. He has to go extremes and can't see anything in between. It's because he's as thick as a dullard, you see.

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:32 - May 31 with 2360 viewsjack247

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:23 - May 31 by Darran

Did he bring the players in then?

He certainly picked them every week and told them how he wanted them to play.
Login to get fewer ads

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:34 - May 31 with 2345 viewsjack247

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:32 - May 31 by Brynmill_Jack

Darran can't understand reasonable. He has to go extremes and can't see anything in between. It's because he's as thick as a dullard, you see.

It seems neither can Murph. Did you find that last sentence hard to understand?
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:34 - May 31 with 2344 viewsDarran

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:32 - May 31 by jack247

Ha of course he did.

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:34 - May 31 with 2343 viewsMurph75

Which season we talking about? The one that went well or the one that didn't go so great?
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:35 - May 31 with 2342 viewsjack247

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:34 - May 31 by Darran

Ha of course he did.

Someone else was it? Huw Jenkins? Martin Morgan? KOL?
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:35 - May 31 with 2340 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:34 - May 31 by jack247

It seems neither can Murph. Did you find that last sentence hard to understand?

No, not at all. but I did go to a school where English was widely spoken..........................

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:36 - May 31 with 2336 viewsmonmouth

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:14 - May 31 by Murph75

Both occasions count.

The 8th place finish show's he has the potential to be a good manager. This season showed he still has a lot to learn.

Jose Mourinho would struggle at Leeds.

I agree with this. I think a couple of good results and a few fluked ones based on 'shape' went to his and/or Pep's head. That gave him the confidence to lurch into disaster and the power to bring in his mate. Less points, and say 13th and a few painful lessons in that first season (if the defend smash and grab had failed a few times) might have actually helped.

I don't doubt he is driven enough to succeed. Hopefully next time he will have learnt a little horsesense and not be so inflexible and fad driven (I mean, sleep pods ffs). I certainly don't wish him any ill, so I wouldn't wish Leeds on him, or on anyone for that matter, other than maybe El Blagger. Nah, not even him.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:40 - May 31 with 2317 viewsDarran

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:35 - May 31 by jack247

Someone else was it? Huw Jenkins? Martin Morgan? KOL?

No idea what was going on behind the scenes Tim,what about you?

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:40 - May 31 with 2196 viewsItchySphincter

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 18:21 - May 31 by monmouth

People keep forgetting Peppie the Organ Grinder to Monky's..um..monkey. Far more influential than those other two. They were just footnotes. Happenstance random floaters offered jobs a thousand times beyond their ability.

Pep is Monk's Svengali. This single biggest reason we abandoned passing in favour of shape. Will wind up wherever Monk goes. Can't really fail at Leeds, if he lasts 12 months he will have done okay.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:41 - May 31 with 2197 viewsmonmouth

Question is then though, did he tell them to play like a pile of shite the minute they won the league cup until he was sacked?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:41 - May 31 with 2194 viewsMurph75

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:36 - May 31 by monmouth

I agree with this. I think a couple of good results and a few fluked ones based on 'shape' went to his and/or Pep's head. That gave him the confidence to lurch into disaster and the power to bring in his mate. Less points, and say 13th and a few painful lessons in that first season (if the defend smash and grab had failed a few times) might have actually helped.

I don't doubt he is driven enough to succeed. Hopefully next time he will have learnt a little horsesense and not be so inflexible and fad driven (I mean, sleep pods ffs). I certainly don't wish him any ill, so I wouldn't wish Leeds on him, or on anyone for that matter, other than maybe El Blagger. Nah, not even him.

I wonder what would of happened if he'd had an older head as his number 2 to question his thinking and keep him grounded?
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:43 - May 31 with 2188 viewsMurph75

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:41 - May 31 by monmouth

Question is then though, did he tell them to play like a pile of shite the minute they won the league cup until he was sacked?

He skyped them from Paris ever morning before training
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 20:03 - May 31 with 2154 viewsjack247

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:34 - May 31 by Murph75

Which season we talking about? The one that went well or the one that didn't go so great?

I've already answered this (and ECBs point by default). When he was playing the old Swansea style with players he inherited, he did great. Better than that in fact, superbly.

When he had a couple of transfer windows under his belt and persisted with the containing diamond, things unraveled pretty quickly.
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 20:07 - May 31 with 2139 viewsHighjack

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:40 - May 31 by Darran

Is this Tim? Hi Tim! Been on any good websites lately?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 20:12 - May 31 with 2129 viewsjack247

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 19:40 - May 31 by Darran

I'd be pretty bloody amazed if the manager wasn't picking the team and telling them how he wanted to play. It would have been pointless sacking him and bringing Guidolin in if they were just frontmen for Huws empire. It's also naive to assume he had no input on transfers (good as well as bad, Gylfi, Fab and Ayew came on his watch).

Back to the original point though. I think he would be lucky to get the Leeds job, basket case club or not, because he was unknown before us and although he was initially very successful, he ultimately lost the plot here. Not because he isn't Michael Laudrup.
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 20:13 - May 31 with 2125 viewsjack247

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 20:07 - May 31 by Highjack

Is this Tim? Hi Tim! Been on any good websites lately?

www.nicebutdim.com
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 20:14 - May 31 with 2124 viewsDarran

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 20:12 - May 31 by jack247

I'd be pretty bloody amazed if the manager wasn't picking the team and telling them how he wanted to play. It would have been pointless sacking him and bringing Guidolin in if they were just frontmen for Huws empire. It's also naive to assume he had no input on transfers (good as well as bad, Gylfi, Fab and Ayew came on his watch).

Back to the original point though. I think he would be lucky to get the Leeds job, basket case club or not, because he was unknown before us and although he was initially very successful, he ultimately lost the plot here. Not because he isn't Michael Laudrup.

Yeah of course I doubt Huw Jenkins has ever had any input it's just a myth.

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 20:15 - May 31 with 2121 viewsMurph75

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 20:03 - May 31 by jack247

I've already answered this (and ECBs point by default). When he was playing the old Swansea style with players he inherited, he did great. Better than that in fact, superbly.

When he had a couple of transfer windows under his belt and persisted with the containing diamond, things unraveled pretty quickly.

Is that the same diamond Guidolin seems to favour?

Do you honestly believe the players that came in during the transfer windows were all his own signings?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024