Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Takeover - done deal. 21:38 - Jun 1 with 11810 viewsItchySphincter

oh well.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11731/10301496/swansea-citys-163110m-take

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Takeover - done deal. on 23:44 - Jun 1 with 2113 viewsPJackArmy

Takeover - done deal. on 23:38 - Jun 1 by harryhpalmer

They still have to clear the fit and proper person test, meaning that both owners and directors will need to identify themselves.

The test covers various things which include unspent criminal convictions, involvement in other clubs (including insolvent clubs), breach of certain league rules, sports bans, bankruptcy, and professional misconduct. So, for example, the rules ask if an individual has been disqualified by law from being a director under the Companies Disqualification Act 1986, or has been convicted of a dishonesty-based offence in either the UK courts or the competent courts of a foreign jurisdiction. If the individual has, he is deemed to be an unfit person to run a club and will fail the test unless they are spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.2 The tests are applied strictly to the letter of the rules.

However, these tests are all objective tests, applied formulaically, and most individuals would not find it difficult to pass them. In fact, there have been very few individuals who have been prohibited from being a director or owner of an English club for failing the relevant test.

So if they are buying 60% as the article reads, the trust 21%, where is the other 19 staying can anyone explain please?
Takeover - done deal. on 23:45 - Jun 1 with 2113 viewsmahoss

Takeover - done deal. on 23:33 - Jun 1 by dobjack2

Why do we need to buy the fecking stadium? The elephant in the room!

Surely extension could take place by renegotiating the Stadco deal n relation to who gets what for investing in the extension.

If you were renting your house,would you put an extension
on and fund it yourself .......
Takeover - done deal. on 23:49 - Jun 1 with 2101 viewsjacktar

Takeover - done deal. on 23:14 - Jun 1 by londonlisa2001

Ha ha !

I don't believe any details are public and confirmed. I may be wrong if course.

That's the bit I don't believe rings true. Sky are being fed this stuff, not making it up, so if the deal is indeed this far advanced then the Trust not knowing anything at all (which was said earlier on the other thread) is either not correct or they have not been told what they should have been told under company law / shareholders agreement and therefore could be taking action to prevent this.

I also don't understand why the offer if it exists hasn't been made available to Trust members for a vote. Now it may be because as they said a while ago, no offer has been made for their shares, but if that remains the case, then again, why wouldn't the Trust enforce their minority rights?

This must all be bullcrap, but in which case the Trust will have to state that clearly in public and it begs the question who is leaking this and why are they lying?

I would suspect our foreign shareholders / investors, who would be clearly keen to make a killing by selling out (and who can blame investors for that's what they do), are the most likely to be feeding info to the media regarding the sale, as it probably suits them for people to believe that the takeover is going ahead. I'm not sure HJ or MM would be likely to play such games as they would likely remain as minor shareholders, as I understand so I'm not sure what advantage they would gain by leaking stuff to the media.
Who knows though?
It certainly appears something isn't right!

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Takeover - done deal. on 23:55 - Jun 1 with 2081 viewsSwanseajill

Takeover - done deal. on 23:34 - Jun 1 by shandyjack

Our club as we know it has gone and its depressed me deeply. I fear greatly for our future

My feelings match yours, and believe we're not alone.
Although many on here over the years have called for someone loaded with dosh to be our saviour, they need to be careful what they wish for.

I only hope that I'm feeling the worst case scenario, and things are not as bleak as I fear they may be.
Takeover - done deal. on 00:04 - Jun 2 with 2056 viewsjacktar

Takeover - done deal. on 23:55 - Jun 1 by Swanseajill

Although many on here over the years have called for someone loaded with dosh to be our saviour, they need to be careful what they wish for.

I only hope that I'm feeling the worst case scenario, and things are not as bleak as I fear they may be.

I think the takeover goes against everything that Swansea City has stood for in our rise to where we are now. What we have achieved and the way we have done it, has been the talk of so many about how things can and should be done in today's modern game.
It's a sad day to see all this unravel before our very eyes.

Still, I suppose at this point in time it is impossible to know what the future holds.

Takeover - done deal. on 00:04 - Jun 2 with 2055 viewsdobjack2

Takeover - done deal. on 23:45 - Jun 1 by mahoss

Sorry but I feel the analogy is flawed.

The Stadco deal is not as simple as renting a house from someone unconnected with the tenant. The council Ospreys and swans are all involved through Stadco.

Rather than buy the stadium outright a renegotiated deal with for example the swans taking a greater percentage for a period to recover initial costs then profits being shared in some way seems logical even though I am not a bean counter. I am sure that legal professionals would be able to advise if this had legs.

I am very wary of the rush to buy the ground as the only way to expand capacity. It just smells of an asset to secure debt against, just like the vetch.
Takeover - done deal. on 00:09 - Jun 2 with 2041 viewslondonlisa2001

If I had a guaranteed 50 year lease on it and also earned extra income that I could keep for the remainder of that term, yes I would.
Takeover - done deal. on 00:35 - Jun 2 with 1985 viewsdobjack2

Takeover - done deal. on 00:09 - Jun 2 by londonlisa2001

If I had a guaranteed 50 year lease on it and also earned extra income that I could keep for the remainder of that term, yes I would.

More succinct than I could put it but this is what concerns me about the leap of faith argument that we have to buy the stadium to expand it. What evidence is there that this is the only option out there?
Login to get fewer ads

Takeover - done deal. on 01:22 - Jun 2 with 1938 viewsSmellyplumz

Money really is the root of all evil

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Takeover - done deal. on 03:20 - Jun 2 with 1884 viewsSwansNZ

Takeover - done deal. on 23:12 - Jun 1 by mahoss

Investment is needed in the club that is clear.
They need to buy the stadium and extend it,that is
obviously not possible at the moment or they would
have done it by now.
You only have to look at most other clubs in the Prem
to see where we need to go,most clubs are owned by
multi millionaires,all extending stadiums,West Ham
for example,we will be left behind if we don't act
that's for sure,we won't compete long term.

I don’t see that it is clear that “investment” is needed — care to explain why?

As others have said, we don’t need to buy the stadium. Man City don’t own their stadium and have paid for an extension.

West Ham are not extending their stadium, they have done the opposite of what you appear to oppose — they’ve sold their “house” and decided to rent instead, and have paid towards converting it (albeit a very small percentage)

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Takeover - done deal. on 06:34 - Jun 2 with 1804 viewsItchySphincter

Takeover - done deal. on 22:58 - Jun 1 by londonlisa2001

Of course the investors know their way round the law. The question I posed was asking why if it's true, the Trust haven't asserted their rights. Not the same as why don't people know what they are. This is only based on what has been said which may not be accurate.

But something does not add up. (And neither does their money add up to anything like billionaires by the way). These two guys don't appear to have the money on their own to do this deal - they are multi millionaires I'm sure, but that's not enough to pay £100m for something.

Yeah, I should have said multi millionaires but that wasn't really the point anyway.

Something isn't right that's for sure.

Takeover - done deal. on 07:16 - Jun 2 with 1742 viewsDr_Winston

If you knew you were likely to be resident in the property for the next century and could make a profit over that time by doing so then why not?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Takeover - done deal. on 07:17 - Jun 2 with 1741 viewsDr_Winston

Takeover - done deal. on 03:20 - Jun 2 by SwansNZ

I don’t see that it is clear that “investment” is needed — care to explain why?

As others have said, we don’t need to buy the stadium. Man City don’t own their stadium and have paid for an extension.

West Ham are not extending their stadium, they have done the opposite of what you appear to oppose — they’ve sold their “house” and decided to rent instead, and have paid towards converting it (albeit a very small percentage)

Because people are still convinced that we struggled last season because we didn't spend enough on players and not because our coaching staff f*cked up royally.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Takeover - done deal. on 07:20 - Jun 2 with 1731 viewsDr_Winston

Takeover - done deal. on 23:10 - Jun 1 by pikeypaul

Huw?
The coont that's cashing In and still wants to keep. his job.
Do us a favour if he wants his pot of gold ok but piss off when he does surely.
If he stays I will never step foot in the Liberty again.

Despite his autocratic tendencies, Jenkins does for the most part know what he's doing. Yes, he's been a party to a group of people acting like sneaky bastards and throwing ten years of goodwill down the shitter for a hefty wedge, but we're better off keeping him in place, at least for the medium term, than we are hiring someone completely new.

Takeover - done deal. on 07:23 - Jun 2 with 1719 viewsItchySphincter

Takeover - done deal. on 07:17 - Jun 2 by Dr_Winston

Because people are still convinced that we struggled last season because we didn't spend enough on players and not because our coaching staff f*cked up royally.

True.

Some people are scared of not being in the PL but before we label them plastics we should probably remember that some are at an age where they can't really remember anything but PL or Championship at worst.

Takeover - done deal. on 08:09 - Jun 2 with 1613 viewsDewi1jack

Takeover - done deal. on 23:55 - Jun 1 by Swanseajill

I've made my feelings about this whole situation clear on so many threads and I am worried we won't be able to do much (if anything) this time around, if it goes pear shaped.
If we could have more than the paltry 1200 odd Trust members it would be something. I'd love around the 12,000-15,000 or more, then the club and it's new owners, let's face it, it's going to happen with someone if it doesn't happen now, may take a bit of notice.

Just to go on the other side of the fence and try and see some real benefits or playing Devils advocate!;
What if the Yanks are looking at this as a way to make major money from the American market?
We all know the PL is growing at a major rate in that market at the mo, guessing more so than the MLS.
Could be they (their investors) see us as a way to advertise their own business globally (think Sports Direct here) or by operating a proper commercial department, can make a major increase their Divis with little risk.

As much as I'm against shareholders selling up and keeping a lucrative job, IMHO, we'd be better off with the sly, sneaky b'stard Jenkins than getting someone in like Liverpool did.
I'd get rid of everyone else who sells up though.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Takeover - done deal. on 08:45 - Jun 2 with 1544 viewsdougie

Takeover - done deal. on 08:09 - Jun 2 by Dewi1jack

I've made my feelings about this whole situation clear on so many threads and I am worried we won't be able to do much (if anything) this time around, if it goes pear shaped.
If we could have more than the paltry 1200 odd Trust members it would be something. I'd love around the 12,000-15,000 or more, then the club and it's new owners, let's face it, it's going to happen with someone if it doesn't happen now, may take a bit of notice.

Just to go on the other side of the fence and try and see some real benefits or playing Devils advocate!;
What if the Yanks are looking at this as a way to make major money from the American market?
We all know the PL is growing at a major rate in that market at the mo, guessing more so than the MLS.
Could be they (their investors) see us as a way to advertise their own business globally (think Sports Direct here) or by operating a proper commercial department, can make a major increase their Divis with little risk.

As much as I'm against shareholders selling up and keeping a lucrative job, IMHO, we'd be better off with the sly, sneaky b'stard Jenkins than getting someone in like Liverpool did.
I'd get rid of everyone else who sells up though.

The yanks won't get rid of everyone else. The senior management team will stay in place for the near future at least. Hj does football. Hj does not do HR, health and safety, match day, marketing, legal, accounts, commercial, in fact hj doesn't do anything a chief exec does. He just wants to deal with the football. That has been obvious for years. Yanks aren't dull. Keep the structure as it is until they fully understand the business and then the cull will happen.

I can't see hj last too long. Can anyone really see him taking direction from some guys across the pond especially when it comes to who he signs. It is going to get very very messy.
Takeover - done deal. on 08:59 - Jun 2 with 1506 viewsjacktar

Takeover - done deal. on 08:45 - Jun 2 by dougie

The yanks won't get rid of everyone else. The senior management team will stay in place for the near future at least. Hj does football. Hj does not do HR, health and safety, match day, marketing, legal, accounts, commercial, in fact hj doesn't do anything a chief exec does. He just wants to deal with the football. That has been obvious for years. Yanks aren't dull. Keep the structure as it is until they fully understand the business and then the cull will happen.

I can't see hj last too long. Can anyone really see him taking direction from some guys across the pond especially when it comes to who he signs. It is going to get very very messy.

I can't agree with your last sentence. The Americans need us to be successful or they have wasted their money. They would appear to have little experience of English football so will rely heavily on what we now have. Providing our success continues I see no reason why Huw would not be leading the club, in a football sense, as he has done for many years and played no small part in our success.

Takeover - done deal. on 09:39 - Jun 2 with 1431 viewshammy

Takeover - done deal. on 23:23 - Jun 1 by skippyjack

It's a done deal.. The two new majority shareholders Levien and Kaplan are expected to fly to London early next week to complete the Premier League's owners' and directors' test.

This pretty much confirms it

Surely the word "expected" is a get out from that statement ...

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Takeover - done deal. on 09:47 - Jun 2 with 1404 viewsjojaca

Huw Jenkins is still best man for the job.

Even when you know, you never know?

Takeover - done deal. on 10:54 - Jun 2 with 1324 viewsLoyal

This owners and directors test.

Sit ups and star jumps ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Takeover - done deal. on 10:59 - Jun 2 with 1308 viewsDewi1jack

Takeover - done deal. on 10:54 - Jun 2 by Loyal

This owners and directors test.

Sit ups and star jumps ?

May as well be when you have the likes of Cellino at Leeds passing, even though he was accused of tax evasion and fraud when he did it.
Pompey and a few other clubs had owners who passed this test as well.
No faith in the FA system at all.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Takeover - done deal. on 11:06 - Jun 2 with 1285 viewstomdickharry

Takeover - done deal. on 08:59 - Jun 2 by jacktar

I can't agree with your last sentence. The Americans need us to be successful or they have wasted their money. They would appear to have little experience of English football so will rely heavily on what we now have. Providing our success continues I see no reason why Huw would not be leading the club, in a football sense, as he has done for many years and played no small part in our success.

Of course the Americans want us to be successful otherwise why bother,when the takeover does happen think the Americans will be here for some time in order to gain full advantage of the expanding football market in both the States and China,both are well connected especially Mr Kaplan whom I would think due to the nature of his business has the ear of many wealthy people stateside.
Takeover - done deal. on 11:23 - Jun 2 with 1245 viewsCooperman

Takeover - done deal. on 11:06 - Jun 2 by tomdickharry

Of course the Americans want us to be successful otherwise why bother,when the takeover does happen think the Americans will be here for some time in order to gain full advantage of the expanding football market in both the States and China,both are well connected especially Mr Kaplan whom I would think due to the nature of his business has the ear of many wealthy people stateside.

I'm sure that they are not looking to be the next Randy Lerner.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Takeover - done deal. on 11:34 - Jun 2 with 1231 viewsdobjack2

Takeover - done deal. on 07:17 - Jun 2 by Dr_Winston

And what we did spend wasn't on the right players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024