Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Takeover and the affect on swans. 11:14 - Jun 24 with 2381 viewshughesy2013

It has just cost the foreign investors 10 % less! If the buyers havent changed their dollars into stirling yet they have just had a big hit!
Takeover and the affect on swans. on 20:06 - Jun 24 with 2168 viewsarfurjob

£100M is £100M
Takeover and the affect on swans. on 20:26 - Jun 24 with 2120 viewsnantywatcher

Takeover and the affect on swans. on 20:06 - Jun 24 by arfurjob

£100M is £100M

What he is saying is that would have cost the Americans $150 million yesterday today it will only cost them $136 million. I've got a feeling that missing $14 million is not going to be spent on playing staff.
Takeover and the affect on swans. on 08:43 - Jun 25 with 1974 viewsLandore_Jack

Takeover not finalised according to Donovan:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/soccer-insider/wp/2016/06/24/a-few-good-minu

#backtojack

Takeover and the affect on swans. on 09:26 - Jun 25 with 1939 viewsPhaedrus

Takeover and the affect on swans. on 20:06 - Jun 24 by arfurjob

£100M is £100M

£100m is a varying amount of dollars depending on the exchange rate. We get £100m whatever. They pay whatver £100m translates to in dollars at the time, which is now a lot less than it was a few days ago.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2016 9:27]

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Takeover and the affect on swans. on 09:30 - Jun 25 with 1927 viewsSwansNZ

Takeover and the affect on swans. on 09:26 - Jun 25 by Phaedrus

£100m is a varying amount of dollars depending on the exchange rate. We get £100m whatever. They pay whatver £100m translates to in dollars at the time, which is now a lot less than it was a few days ago.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2016 9:27]

"We"???

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Takeover and the affect on swans. on 09:49 - Jun 25 with 1908 viewsPhaedrus

Our side of the deal. The opposite of they. Try harder.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Takeover and the affect on swans. on 10:13 - Jun 25 with 1870 viewsmonmouth

Takeover and the affect on swans. on 09:49 - Jun 25 by Phaedrus

Our side of the deal. The opposite of they. Try harder.

"Our"??

Can't believe I just had to edit one word..shoot me now.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2016 10:15]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Takeover and the affect on swans. on 10:23 - Jun 25 with 1856 viewsPhaedrus

Takeover and the affect on swans. on 10:13 - Jun 25 by monmouth

"Our"??

Can't believe I just had to edit one word..shoot me now.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2016 10:15]

The opposite of their.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2016 10:24]

Login to get fewer ads

Takeover and the affect on swans. on 10:49 - Jun 25 with 1814 viewsdobjack2

Takeover and the affect on swans. on 10:23 - Jun 25 by Phaedrus

The opposite of their.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2016 10:24]

If you are a shareholder I understand your use of "we" if not then "we" the club and fans are getting feck all at the moment.
Takeover and the affect on swans. on 12:06 - Jun 25 with 1758 viewsPhaedrus

Takeover and the affect on swans. on 10:49 - Jun 25 by dobjack2

If you are a shareholder I understand your use of "we" if not then "we" the club and fans are getting feck all at the moment.

So when I am watching a game and someone asks me the score , I have to say Swansea are winning unless I am a shareholder, in which case I can say 'we' are winning?
Ok. I didn't realise I need quailification to declare my allegiance to the team I have watched for 40 years. Consider me told.
Its pretty sad that you have nit pick a simple statement, which had no political import whatsoever, intending to explain exchange rates,in order to dwell in your misery about what has happened to Swansea. I wont say 'your' club after all you arent a shareholder.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2016 12:11]

Takeover and the affect on swans. on 12:12 - Jun 25 with 1735 viewsSwansNZ

Takeover and the affect on swans. on 12:06 - Jun 25 by Phaedrus

So when I am watching a game and someone asks me the score , I have to say Swansea are winning unless I am a shareholder, in which case I can say 'we' are winning?
Ok. I didn't realise I need quailification to declare my allegiance to the team I have watched for 40 years. Consider me told.
Its pretty sad that you have nit pick a simple statement, which had no political import whatsoever, intending to explain exchange rates,in order to dwell in your misery about what has happened to Swansea. I wont say 'your' club after all you arent a shareholder.

It's not swansea that are getting the money though.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Takeover and the affect on swans. on 12:14 - Jun 25 with 1731 viewsPhaedrus

Takeover and the affect on swans. on 12:12 - Jun 25 by SwansNZ

It's not swansea that are getting the money though.

So what, I was explaining the exchange rate to someone and you focusd on an entirely irrelevant aspect of the post.Carry on chewing on that bone though. You may get over it.

[Post edited 25 Jun 2016 12:27]

Takeover and the affect on swans. on 12:41 - Jun 25 with 1694 viewsdobjack2

Nonsense pure and simple. At the moment the exchange rate may only affect the people buying and or selling shares depending on how that deal is structured.

If/ when the deal goes through and there is investment into the club itself then exchange rates may influence decisions.

Have a nice day.
Takeover and the affect on swans. on 14:41 - Jun 25 with 1620 viewsItchySphincter

Takeover and the affect on swans. on 20:26 - Jun 24 by nantywatcher

What he is saying is that would have cost the Americans $150 million yesterday today it will only cost them $136 million. I've got a feeling that missing $14 million is not going to be spent on playing staff.

The deal would be done in dollars I would've thought, not sterling. Quids in.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Takeover and the affect on swans. on 14:49 - Jun 25 with 1615 viewsWarwickHunt

It's "nitpick".

Sorry - couldn't resist.
Takeover and the affect on swans. on 15:04 - Jun 25 with 1592 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Takeover and the affect on swans. on 08:43 - Jun 25 by Landore_Jack

Takeover not finalised according to Donovan:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/soccer-insider/wp/2016/06/24/a-few-good-minu

I read that to mean that his involvement isnt finalized, not the takeover itself.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024