Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This American take over 11:23 - Jul 17 with 14998 viewsmagicdaps10

Does anyone know when this is going to happen?

Seems to be dragging on now with no real sign of full completion.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

This American take over on 20:19 - Jul 18 with 2137 viewsNeathJack

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2016/07/18/trust-remains-disappointed-at-the-lack-of
This American take over on 20:22 - Jul 18 with 2117 viewsblaine_scfc

This American take over on 20:19 - Jul 18 by NeathJack

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2016/07/18/trust-remains-disappointed-at-the-lack-of

Didn't Tummer say Huw Cooze was with Levein over in the States.

All discussions "off the record" I take it.
This American take over on 20:27 - Jul 18 with 2099 viewsmonmouth

Pretty obvious that the exiting rats have told the new bunch that the Trust is of no account and to be treated with contempt. Quite why H. Cooze is still cozying up to Jenkins or Levien out in the States is beyond me. It's as clear as day the Trust is being ignored. I'm no fan of Shaky and his conspiracy crap, but surely to God the Trust is on a war footing now?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

This American take over on 20:34 - Jul 18 with 2072 viewsDr_Winston

This American take over on 20:27 - Jul 18 by monmouth

Pretty obvious that the exiting rats have told the new bunch that the Trust is of no account and to be treated with contempt. Quite why H. Cooze is still cozying up to Jenkins or Levien out in the States is beyond me. It's as clear as day the Trust is being ignored. I'm no fan of Shaky and his conspiracy crap, but surely to God the Trust is on a war footing now?

Old habits die hard.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

This American take over on 20:53 - Jul 18 with 2030 viewsplasjack

Rats always leave a sinking ship, but we are are still very much afloat.
This American take over on 20:56 - Jul 18 with 2014 viewsskippyjack

Monmouth.. money and recognition change people.. Huw's frame of mind is cocooned in a delusional state of invincibility.. people with OBEs and new found wealth, tend to be lazy operators from here on in.. self-obsessive traits become normal service, when in this mould of human development.. even in the lower levels of management roles.. go down this path of delusional self programming.

self inflicted paranoiacs I call them.. or controlling megalomaniacs, with a penchant for alcohol substance abuse.. and self implosion.

You see these types on a day to day basis.. usually in their 40s to 50s.. relying on their wife for caring purposes.

They're going through burst ego syndrome.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2016 20:57]

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

This American take over on 21:07 - Jul 18 with 1973 viewsUxbridge

Well, I wouldn't necessarily say war footing, but once there's any announcement regarding terms for the purchase being completed then all other discussions need to be kicked off and finalised PDQ.

I'm sure there's enough in that statement for people to read between the lines.

As for Coozey, these trips have always been about liaising with the local fanbase and he's been doing that again this trip. Should the Trust cut all ties until the SHA has been finalised? Possibly, but others would say otherwise. I can see both sides of that.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

This American take over on 21:09 - Jul 18 with 1962 viewsUxbridge

This American take over on 12:50 - Jul 18 by londonlisa2001

Don't worry about it Ux - he's seen JTAK..

Of course some might say he'll do whatever he's told to do by the people that actually do own the club... No one seems to think Kaplan was there.

Well, none of us know the structure of course. Does Levien have any of his own money in this? Is Kaplan the main backer? All questions we'd love answers to.

I'm sure he's got all the chat though.

Login to get fewer ads

This American take over on 21:15 - Jul 18 with 1932 viewsskippyjack

This American take over on 21:09 - Jul 18 by Uxbridge

Well, none of us know the structure of course. Does Levien have any of his own money in this? Is Kaplan the main backer? All questions we'd love answers to.

I'm sure he's got all the chat though.

From words down the pub.. Levien, Kaplan, Donovan are the faces, being backed up by a mega money consortium, employed to make Swansea a premier league success, and the more Swansea thrive, the more investment Swansea will receive.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

This American take over on 21:17 - Jul 18 with 1925 viewsUxbridge

This American take over on 21:15 - Jul 18 by skippyjack

From words down the pub.. Levien, Kaplan, Donovan are the faces, being backed up by a mega money consortium, employed to make Swansea a premier league success, and the more Swansea thrive, the more investment Swansea will receive.

Must be true.

This American take over on 21:33 - Jul 18 with 1894 viewsCaliforniaJack

Has anyone considered the fact that in depth discussions with the trust will likely take place after the share buy out is legally/financially concluded and Jason Levien and Steve Kaplan are officially in place?
This American take over on 21:35 - Jul 18 with 1887 viewsBrynmill_Jack

This American take over on 20:12 - Jul 18 by londonlisa2001

They have the same covenant over the stadium as us.

What if their new owner "renounces" it ?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

This American take over on 21:48 - Jul 18 with 1832 viewsmonmouth

This American take over on 21:07 - Jul 18 by Uxbridge

Well, I wouldn't necessarily say war footing, but once there's any announcement regarding terms for the purchase being completed then all other discussions need to be kicked off and finalised PDQ.

I'm sure there's enough in that statement for people to read between the lines.

As for Coozey, these trips have always been about liaising with the local fanbase and he's been doing that again this trip. Should the Trust cut all ties until the SHA has been finalised? Possibly, but others would say otherwise. I can see both sides of that.

Dammit, I can't believe I missed the chance to say 'coozying up'. I can see both sides too, but my nature is more confrontational and my communications and my attitude would be more transparently blunt, with no reading between the lines needed. What they going to do? Not talk to me....

Not saying that's the right approach, obviously. I just come from a standpoint of 'if in doubt have it out'.

This American take over on 21:49 - Jul 18 with 1828 viewsUxbridge

This American take over on 21:33 - Jul 18 by CaliforniaJack

Has anyone considered the fact that in depth discussions with the trust will likely take place after the share buy out is legally/financially concluded and Jason Levien and Steve Kaplan are officially in place?

Have you considered they could have happened at any time in the past 9 months. They chose not to.

This American take over on 21:53 - Jul 18 with 1810 viewsUxbridge

This American take over on 21:48 - Jul 18 by monmouth

Dammit, I can't believe I missed the chance to say 'coozying up'. I can see both sides too, but my nature is more confrontational and my communications and my attitude would be more transparently blunt, with no reading between the lines needed. What they going to do? Not talk to me....

Not saying that's the right approach, obviously. I just come from a standpoint of 'if in doubt have it out'.

A fair comment. We all have our views on whether a line is too passive. There are some who think we're rocking too much. I'm more on your side of the scale but also I think any deal needs to be given every chance. The line is nearing either way.

This American take over on 23:36 - Jul 18 with 1615 viewsCaliforniaJack

This American take over on 21:49 - Jul 18 by Uxbridge

Have you considered they could have happened at any time in the past 9 months. They chose not to.

That's a possibility, as is the fact that they felt that they could not talk to the trust until they were able to fully complete the share buyout (which is complex enough in itself).
This American take over on 07:09 - Jul 19 with 1514 viewsUxbridge

This American take over on 23:36 - Jul 18 by CaliforniaJack

That's a possibility, as is the fact that they felt that they could not talk to the trust until they were able to fully complete the share buyout (which is complex enough in itself).

Well, no. Not all things are equally plausible.

Ignoring a major shareholder sends its own message. The why, now there's a question.

This American take over on 07:13 - Jul 19 with 1504 viewsmonmouth

This American take over on 23:36 - Jul 18 by CaliforniaJack

A potential new majority shareholder "felt" they couldn't talk to the next biggest shareholder that might turn out hostile in a company takeover? Laughable. The whole strategy of secrecy, railroading and marginalisation has been deliberate from day one, driven by buying and selling parties after what happened to Yank v 1.0.

This American take over on 07:29 - Jul 19 with 1478 viewsTummer_from_Texas

This American take over on 07:13 - Jul 19 by monmouth

A potential new majority shareholder "felt" they couldn't talk to the next biggest shareholder that might turn out hostile in a company takeover? Laughable. The whole strategy of secrecy, railroading and marginalisation has been deliberate from day one, driven by buying and selling parties after what happened to Yank v 1.0.

Whether it's 100% true or any less, does that make you blame the buyers?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

This American take over on 07:45 - Jul 19 with 1456 viewsmonmouth

This American take over on 07:29 - Jul 19 by Tummer_from_Texas

Whether it's 100% true or any less, does that make you blame the buyers?

Yes of course, particularly if they're pretending they 'get' our club's culture. And the sellers, who look increasingly shabby and careless of the asset that they were entrusted with specifically to ensure we are never bought by, or sold to, chancers and charlatans again. Their actions are speaking loudly of not being interested in future protections only sackloads of cash.

This American take over on 11:03 - Jul 19 with 1361 viewstomdickharry

Assume the Trust's legal advisors have advise the Trust board on procedural matters possibly its to sit tight and wait to be fully embraced in discussions once the sale of shares by other parties is complete.
This American take over on 14:18 - Jul 19 with 1263 viewsjohnlangy

This American take over on 12:04 - Jul 17 by dougie

Someone on here said there was a press conference middle of this week.

I've just been told it's tomorrow.
This American take over on 15:14 - Jul 19 with 1207 viewsLeonisGod

Confused by all this. I thought it was reported that the takeover was concluded in early June, subject to sanctioning by the PL (I thought I'd seen a report saying that had been approved too, but could be wrong).
This American take over on 15:26 - Jul 19 with 1182 viewsDafyddHuw

This American take over on 21:53 - Jul 18 by Uxbridge

A fair comment. We all have our views on whether a line is too passive. There are some who think we're rocking too much. I'm more on your side of the scale but also I think any deal needs to be given every chance. The line is nearing either way.

Yes, but I don't see what else the new owners have to do to convince the Trust that they're being treated like shit, apart from them actually stating "We're gonna treat the Trust like shit".
This American take over on 17:20 - Jul 19 with 1122 viewsCaliforniaJack

But would the share buyers start discussions with the the trust if the share buyout had not been completed? Preliminary discussions maybe - but they certainly would not hold full on meetings to discuss a new shareholder agreement or plans for the clubs future until all things financial and legal had been completed.

Several posters in this thread seem to want to blame either the share buyers or the share sellers or both and cannot seem to comprehend that discussions may not be able to take place until both of the above have been completed.

Lets wait and see what happens this week with the potential announcement of the completed purchase and what the new share holders have to say (said he struggling to wade through the the volumes of pessimism here today)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024