Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread 10:10 - Aug 6 with 22995 viewsDr_Winston

Vs

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 16:31 - Aug 6 with 3189 viewsTheKirkyLife

So I've got to say Montero has been very poor since coming on. It's like Nathan Dyer before Leicester just zero desire to run towards goal like Mo. For me, based on this evidence, Routledge and Barrow to start next weekend. Maybe if Chadli is signed prior then we have our LM upgrade.

EDIT: WOW a fantastic counter-attack culminating in McBurnie expertly putting Barrow through. Hit the bar!
[Post edited 6 Aug 2016 16:32]
Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 16:32 - Aug 6 with 3189 viewsWarwickHunt

Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 16:29 - Aug 6 by Phaedrus

Yes.Its called the off button.

Seriously though, they're f*cking annoying...
Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 16:32 - Aug 6 with 3185 viewsChrisSCFC

Good effort Mo.
Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 16:32 - Aug 6 with 3136 viewsdailew

Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 16:31 - Aug 6 by TheKirkyLife

So I've got to say Montero has been very poor since coming on. It's like Nathan Dyer before Leicester just zero desire to run towards goal like Mo. For me, based on this evidence, Routledge and Barrow to start next weekend. Maybe if Chadli is signed prior then we have our LM upgrade.

EDIT: WOW a fantastic counter-attack culminating in McBurnie expertly putting Barrow through. Hit the bar!
[Post edited 6 Aug 2016 16:32]

Barrow's a great option to have coming on against tiring Fullbacks tho.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 16:33 - Aug 6 with 3115 viewsPhaedrus

Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 16:30 - Aug 6 by exiledclaseboy

Is there any score in this 'ere game? I've been pottering you see.

1-0 and we just hit the bar.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 16:33 - Aug 6 with 3091 viewsJonnyTheJack

Mo is technically superior to any of our other wingers. Deserves a start on this showing.
Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 16:34 - Aug 6 with 3042 viewsdailew

I cane see this periscope being banned.

Easy to work out where they are and chuck them out.

Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 16:35 - Aug 6 with 3012 viewsSnackajack

In Barrow and Montero, we have the two fastest players in the Premier League I can't think why we would ever start without them.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 16:37 - Aug 6 with 2948 viewsPhaedrus

Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 16:34 - Aug 6 by dailew

I cane see this periscope being banned.

Easy to work out where they are and chuck them out.

How long till camdrones start flying about. The Premier league will have to deploy missile equiped 'anti-camdrone' drones, so a day out at the football could also include tactical air battles as added entertainment. Or maybe I should ease off on the H.G Wells.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2016 16:39]

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 16:38 - Aug 6 with 2902 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 16:33 - Aug 6 by Phaedrus

1-0 and we just hit the bar.

Who scored?

Poll: Tory leader

Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 16:40 - Aug 6 with 2846 viewsJango

Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 16:35 - Aug 6 by Snackajack

In Barrow and Montero, we have the two fastest players in the Premier League I can't think why we would ever start without them.

I agree. Forces the opposition to sit deeper. Routledge and dyer were shocking first half again, create next to nothing
Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 16:40 - Aug 6 with 2847 viewsPhaedrus

Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 16:38 - Aug 6 by exiledclaseboy

Who scored?

Fulton.

Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 16:43 - Aug 6 with 2712 viewsdailew

Some kid singing Frere Jacques in the backround.

Gotta be better than Barry Horne wittering on.

Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 16:49 - Aug 6 with 2500 viewsPhaedrus

1-0 final.

Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 16:51 - Aug 6 with 2409 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 16:40 - Aug 6 by Jango

I agree. Forces the opposition to sit deeper. Routledge and dyer were shocking first half again, create next to nothing

I don't know what game you were watching, but it wasn't the same one as me.
Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 16:57 - Aug 6 with 2240 viewsJango

Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 16:51 - Aug 6 by A_Fans_Dad

I don't know what game you were watching, but it wasn't the same one as me.

You think they had good games? Routledge was particularly poor
Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 17:00 - Aug 6 with 2181 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 16:57 - Aug 6 by Jango

You think they had good games? Routledge was particularly poor

Dyer did some good work, Routledge, was not quite so good.
Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 17:04 - Aug 6 with 2116 viewsTheKirkyLife

So overall thoughts.

1. 4-1-4-1 interesting formation but I feel it worked great. Kept Rennes pegged back for large portions of the game and allowed our attack to be varied and unpredictable.

2. Amat and van der Hoorn with a couple of passing mistakes but a VERY comfortable game overall with Fabianski hardly needed. Van der Hoorn's best game in a Swans shirt by far. Kingsley and Naughton looking pretty nailed on to start next week, both looking very competent but more importantly fit.

3. Britton looked a little vulnerable at times and mislaid a few passes. Ideally, if 4-1-4-1 is something we'll be persisting with, then I'd prefer to see Cork in there. Fulton seemed a lot more on it when subbed on even without the goal.

4. Routledge was star of the first half again. He's had an excellent pre-season and barring a move for Chadli going through in the next week should be pretty nailed on to start. Dyer was okay, Barrow by far the star of the second half and Montero quite underwhelming actually.

5. Fer once again looked really good. It wouldn't surprise me if Guidolin wanted to try this new formation to try and accommodate Fer AND Siggy in the starting lineup. Put in some great tackles, great passes and wasn't afraid to shoot when the opportunity arose.

6. Llorente missed an open goal. Aside from that he looked very impressive with good link up play and an audacious volley that almost came off. The problem was that he wasn't getting the service he deserved much. McBurnie came on and did what he's been doing all pre-season; impressing with good movement, team play and aerial ability. I'd almost say if we get Baston there should be no need to get Oliveira as well.

7. Rodon and Nordfeldt the only two subs not used. I presume van der Hoorn was given as much game time as possible if the worst case scenario happens and Ash is sold/not fit enough alongside Fed being injured. Obviously Fabianski needed the game time.
Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 17:05 - Aug 6 with 2108 viewsJango

Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 17:00 - Aug 6 by A_Fans_Dad

Dyer did some good work, Routledge, was not quite so good.

Maybe I was a bit harsh on dyer but compared to barrow in the 2nd half he wasn't great. Routledge was really poor. Montero wasn't much better mind you but he scares the full back and gives him something to think about. I think llorente looked good, will link up well with siggy.
Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 17:07 - Aug 6 with 2068 viewsnanafootball

Many thanks NeathJack from 2 OAP Swans fans, first time using Periscope, so grateful to you YJB!
Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 17:15 - Aug 6 with 1920 viewsNeathJack

Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 17:07 - Aug 6 by nanafootball

Many thanks NeathJack from 2 OAP Swans fans, first time using Periscope, so grateful to you YJB!

My pleasure
Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 17:19 - Aug 6 with 1884 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 17:07 - Aug 6 by nanafootball

Seconded!

Now, what about replays, slo-mo and commentary by next week?!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 17:20 - Aug 6 with 1856 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 17:19 - Aug 6 by union_jack

Seconded!

Now, what about replays, slo-mo and commentary by next week?!

Thirded.
Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 17:27 - Aug 6 with 1775 viewsjack247

Didn't see the game, so this is a general observation rather than a specific comment on today, but I'd expect both our wingers, whichever two of the four, as well as Llorente to look better with Siggy in the team. No reflection on Fer, I think he is a decent backup in that position, but plays a different way
Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 17:29 - Aug 6 with 1750 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City Vs Stade Rennais Match Thread on 17:27 - Aug 6 by jack247

Didn't see the game, so this is a general observation rather than a specific comment on today, but I'd expect both our wingers, whichever two of the four, as well as Llorente to look better with Siggy in the team. No reflection on Fer, I think he is a decent backup in that position, but plays a different way

Seen a lot of posts/tweets that had Fer as a MOTM contender. Going to be interesting to see how he fits in overall.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024