Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
From the horses mouth 15:44 - Aug 18 with 6201 viewsmonmouth

We only need another centre back and we are ready

Neil Taylor has been told he is important for the Peterborough game.

He'd prefer to play players that had been with us since July. But Ki and Gylfi are important for the Hull game. We need a number 10 even if Gylfi can't play 90 mins yet.

Baston out, Leon sounds out.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/swansea-city-press-conference-live/story
[Post edited 18 Aug 2016 15:45]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

From the horses mouth on 21:24 - Aug 18 with 1357 viewsGriffting

From the horses mouth on 20:43 - Aug 18 by harryhpalmer

spot on Lisa.

the limits are only 17 non homegrown players in 25.

the rest must be homegrown - although you can have unlimited U21s.

So you could have no homegrown, but then you could only have a squad of 17.

As it stands, we can only have a squad of 24.

but with Tabanou and Emnes already been told they are surplus, plus one keeper to drop out, we have room for 3 players if one of them is homegrown. or 2 non-HG.

The Manager says he only wants a central defender, so that means he can be an 'overseas' player. and so it sounds like we will go with a 23 man squad

Current squad

Homegrown
1. Kyle Naughton
2. Neil Taylor
3. Leon Britton
4. Gylfi Sigurðsson
5 Jack Cork
6 Wayne Routledge
7. Nathan Dyer
8. free

Non-Homegrown

1 Łukasz Fabiański
2 Mark Birighitti / free?
3 Kristoffer Nordfeldt
4 Gerhard Tremmel / free?
5 Àngel Rangel
6 Stephen Kingsley
7 Jordi Amat
8 Mike van der Hoorn
9 Federico Fernández
10 Ki Sung-yueng
11 Leroy Fer
12 Jay Fulton
13 Modou Barrow
14 Jefferson Montero
15 Fernando Llorente
16 Borja Baston
17 free

You know, I'm not even sure that new keeper will be named in the squad. I think he was brought in for the new u23's as you're allowed a certain amount of players over age. Either him or Tremmel will be left out IMO.
From the horses mouth on 00:09 - Aug 19 with 1203 viewsLoyal

It always makes me smile when people say certain bigger clubs have larger squads to choose from than Swansea when at the end of the day we all have twenty five !

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

From the horses mouth on 05:00 - Aug 19 with 1165 viewsAussieSwan

From the horses mouth on 21:24 - Aug 18 by Griffting

You know, I'm not even sure that new keeper will be named in the squad. I think he was brought in for the new u23's as you're allowed a certain amount of players over age. Either him or Tremmel will be left out IMO.

I'd leave Tremmel out and put Birighitti in. Would be much better for Birighitti's development and this would likely be Tremmel's last year?

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

From the horses mouth on 11:30 - Aug 19 with 1037 viewsA_Fans_Dad

From the horses mouth on 05:00 - Aug 19 by AussieSwan

I'd leave Tremmel out and put Birighitti in. Would be much better for Birighitti's development and this would likely be Tremmel's last year?

Under the new Under-23 rules we can play 3 senior outfield players plus a goalkeeper.
And it looks like most clubs will use that option to be competitive.
That is going to provide opportunities for the likes of Tremmel to stay more match fit than just training. This benifits the under 23s in passing on experience, but it will be at the expense of the youngsters in the team getting game time.
This is going to be very hard on the youngsters, some of whom are really good players, but with even less chance to break in to the squad.
It looks like the only way they can progress will be to go out on loan or leave.
From the horses mouth on 13:34 - Aug 19 with 945 viewsMurph75

From the horses mouth on 05:00 - Aug 19 by AussieSwan

Why are we even paying Tremmel?
From the horses mouth on 15:27 - Aug 19 with 866 viewsAussieSwan

From the horses mouth on 13:34 - Aug 19 by Murph75

Why are we even paying Tremmel?

Not sure either. We actually released him but then re-signed him a year or two ago because no other club picked him up...

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

From the horses mouth on 15:31 - Aug 19 with 852 viewsMurph75

From the horses mouth on 15:27 - Aug 19 by AussieSwan

Not sure either. We actually released him but then re-signed him a year or two ago because no other club picked him up...

We're like a charity upon times.

Kristian O'leary stole a living out of us as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024