Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Deadline Day 09:23 - Aug 31 with 30666 viewsjasonbromham

Post all things here in relation to Swansea. New signings, ex players etc.

I'll start Bony is off to Stoke :(
Transfer Deadline Day on 10:25 - Sep 1 with 1707 viewscostalotta

Transfer Deadline Day on 10:10 - Sep 1 by perchrockjack

Having positivity doesn't mean expecting second best.

It's also an overused word used by those unable to face up to facts ...in public.

I defy any fan to be happy/positive right now. It's whistling in graveyard stuff.

We need to be disgruntled, to show all we are not happy to see our club get screwed for pure personal gain.

We have utterly failed to grow the club

We were told the takeover was to take us to the next level. I assumed that would be upwards.

Removing th spin of the takeover from the discussion you are of course right re the positive/negative views.

Supporting th swans does tak up finances and time in my life but there are plenty of other things in my life. Win loose or draw I'm still play and have fun with my kids. Enjoy nights out and trips away with the wife. A happy life.

But I can still be disillusioned with the club, as I am and have Been for a while. I can still have an opinion. People may not agree and its not looking nagatives or not supporting the team I just call it the way I see it. There is nothing to gain from those who take a similar view but for some reason we a vilified. Why? My view on that is some don't like change. Some prefe the devil they know. Some have no sense of adventure and fail to look at the possibilities. But even that doesn't matter because collectively we are all fans. No one has to prove their argument to anyone else here but you may try to persuade them to share you point of view. I hope this situation doesn't split the fans as that's the last thing needed right now.
Transfer Deadline Day on 11:38 - Sep 1 with 1621 viewsLandore_Jack

Interesting.

Swansea had a €20m (£16.8m) bid for defender Terence Kongolo rejected by Feyenoord on deadline day, according to Belgium newspaper Het Laatste Nieuws.

https://www.whoscored.com/News/NlzP5iNvJ0-KSMattlp9Dw/Show/?

#backtojack

Transfer Deadline Day on 11:39 - Sep 1 with 1616 viewsjasper_T

Transfer Deadline Day on 11:38 - Sep 1 by Landore_Jack

Interesting.

Swansea had a €20m (£16.8m) bid for defender Terence Kongolo rejected by Feyenoord on deadline day, according to Belgium newspaper Het Laatste Nieuws.

https://www.whoscored.com/News/NlzP5iNvJ0-KSMattlp9Dw/Show/?

Good.
Transfer Deadline Day on 12:01 - Sep 1 with 1592 viewslondonlisa2001

Transfer Deadline Day on 09:34 - Sep 1 by SwansNZ

Quite right, what the hell was he thinking.

He didn't.

We've sold or shipped out 4 of the players that did that.
Transfer Deadline Day on 12:37 - Sep 1 with 1551 viewsbonymine

See also Enner Valencia thread ; you really couldn't make this up ? 😳😳😳

http://www.swanseacity.net/error.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/news/article/2016-17/factfi

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Transfer Deadline Day on 12:42 - Sep 1 with 1549 viewsbonymine

Transfer Deadline Day on 12:37 - Sep 1 by bonymine

See also Enner Valencia thread ; you really couldn't make this up ? 😳😳😳

http://www.swanseacity.net/error.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/news/article/2016-17/factfi

For the URGENT ATTENTION of Swansea City OFFICIAL CLUB WEBSITE ;

http://www.evertonfc.com/players/e/ev/enner-valencia

Press release at 8.57 am today from Everton yet somehow WE managed to release an article on our Official Club website at 11.50am stating that WE HAD SIGNED HIM ON A SEASON LONG LOAN ......

Highly Embarrassing and shambolic , sums up our Transfer Window and the new regime in general.

Transfer Deadline Day on 13:42 - Sep 1 with 1495 viewsSmellyplumz

Transfer Deadline Day on 07:42 - Sep 1 by Headmaster

Failed to get Allen.

Failed to get Ziyech.

Failed to get Chadli.

Failed to get Valencia (why the f!ck we were in for him in the first place, I'll never know).

Failed to replace Ayew.

And those are just the ones we know about. We bought two CBs inexperienced with top-flight football and our most promising prospect is currently injured. That's investment and "taking us to the next level" see.

Having said that, I wish Mawson all the best, but I don't think he'll be enough to sort out our leaky defence. As for LLorente, shape up or ship out. No doubt the happy clappers will down-vote this, but forgive me for feeling royally p!ssed off right now.

Had a chat with llorente in the Shell halfway garage yesterday, he said they need to do better lol

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Transfer Deadline Day on 13:55 - Sep 1 with 1475 viewsGlyn1

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/31/premier-league-2016-summer-tran

The Guardian have done a club-by-club assessment of their activity in the transfer window. Here's what they think about us.

"What a disappointment. Joe Allen and Wilfried Bony were available this summer, two former players who would have been happy to go back to the Liberty Stadium and, in doing so, would have given everyone at the club a huge lift, yet Swansea missed out on both to Stoke. They badly need the striker Borja Bastón, their £15.5m club-record signing, to come good and Fernando Llorente must also weigh in with a few goals. Another concern would be the failure to sign an experienced replacement for Ashley Williams, their former captain.

Major moves

In: Borja Bastón Atlético £15.5m; Alfie Mawson Barnsley £5m; Fernando Llorente Sevilla £5m; Leroy Fer QPR £3.5m (loan move made permanent)

Out: André Ayew West Ham £20.5m; Ashley Williams Everton £12m; Alberto Paloschi Atalanta £5m; Éder Lille £3.8m"

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Deadline Day on 14:17 - Sep 1 with 1445 viewsDewi1jack

Transfer Deadline Day on 08:00 - Sep 1 by lifelong

Why does anybody who has an ounce of positivity in their body have to be described as a happy clapper?

So time for me to be a happy clapper then.
We are still in a higher division than our Eastern neighbours
We are still in the top 20 clubs out of about 5,000 in over a hundred leagues
There may be 4/ 5 worse teams than us in the league. IMHO there are 5.
If there isn't then at least we get more games for our Seasie money next year

Undoubtedly we are certainly regressing squad wise, both in size and quality.
We have shipped out about 10 (I think, can't be arzed to add them up. On nights and knackered!) possibly (poor) squad players.
We have shipped out a couple of natural leaders as well. IMHO it doesn't appear to me that we have any natural leaders.
The old guard who are well on the decline due to age/ interest etc are given extended contracts rather than being replaced.
We can all see where the problems lie playing staff wise. Why can't our so called club leaders?
All in all, I'm extremely underwhelmed by our recent transfer windows.
This one being the most disappointing.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Transfer Deadline Day on 15:04 - Sep 1 with 1393 viewsLegend83

Transfer Deadline Day on 13:55 - Sep 1 by Glyn1

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/31/premier-league-2016-summer-tran

The Guardian have done a club-by-club assessment of their activity in the transfer window. Here's what they think about us.

"What a disappointment. Joe Allen and Wilfried Bony were available this summer, two former players who would have been happy to go back to the Liberty Stadium and, in doing so, would have given everyone at the club a huge lift, yet Swansea missed out on both to Stoke. They badly need the striker Borja Bastón, their £15.5m club-record signing, to come good and Fernando Llorente must also weigh in with a few goals. Another concern would be the failure to sign an experienced replacement for Ashley Williams, their former captain.

Major moves

In: Borja Bastón Atlético £15.5m; Alfie Mawson Barnsley £5m; Fernando Llorente Sevilla £5m; Leroy Fer QPR £3.5m (loan move made permanent)

Out: André Ayew West Ham £20.5m; Ashley Williams Everton £12m; Alberto Paloschi Atalanta £5m; Éder Lille £3.8m"

How do they know Bony would have been happy to return?

That piece completely fails to point out that at the time we needed to sign a striker City were holding out for £25m+ for Bony. By the time he became available on a loan deal we had already signed Baston and Llorente so were never going to sign Bony.

As an aside, my only true concern is not adequately replacing Williams with experience. Yes Ayew gave us goals but he also created difficulties in the team e.g. reducing Siggy's effectiveness. I doubt he will reach Ayew's tally but despite his faults, Fer already has two goals and I think he will contribute more goals from midfield than anyone has in the past 4 seasons (bar Siggy).
Transfer Deadline Day on 15:54 - Sep 1 with 1353 viewsbonymine

Transfer Deadline Day on 12:42 - Sep 1 by bonymine

For the URGENT ATTENTION of Swansea City OFFICIAL CLUB WEBSITE ;

http://www.evertonfc.com/players/e/ev/enner-valencia

Press release at 8.57 am today from Everton yet somehow WE managed to release an article on our Official Club website at 11.50am stating that WE HAD SIGNED HIM ON A SEASON LONG LOAN ......

Highly Embarrassing and shambolic , sums up our Transfer Window and the new regime in general.

😳😳😳😳

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/enner-valencia-announced-new-swans

Transfer Deadline Day on 19:05 - Sep 1 with 1253 viewsGlyn1

Transfer Deadline Day on 15:04 - Sep 1 by Legend83

How do they know Bony would have been happy to return?

That piece completely fails to point out that at the time we needed to sign a striker City were holding out for £25m+ for Bony. By the time he became available on a loan deal we had already signed Baston and Llorente so were never going to sign Bony.

As an aside, my only true concern is not adequately replacing Williams with experience. Yes Ayew gave us goals but he also created difficulties in the team e.g. reducing Siggy's effectiveness. I doubt he will reach Ayew's tally but despite his faults, Fer already has two goals and I think he will contribute more goals from midfield than anyone has in the past 4 seasons (bar Siggy).

Actually, I agree with you. The timing for Bony was all wrong.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024