Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Attendance stats please 17:55 - Nov 19 with 3753 viewsBoston

...if you 'ave 'em?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Attendance stats please on 18:32 - Nov 19 with 3695 viewslosethedrum

17,187 today Boston .
Attendance stats please on 20:18 - Nov 19 with 3441 viewsSJL

Good gate for a change... but over 20,000 at Fulham. Why are they getting so many more than us these days? I always considered us the bigger club (I know we're not historically, but I started following rangers in the late 80s), but that is getting increasingly difficult to justify. We should be getting 17k every week. Our attendances are worse than when we were in the third tier with Ollie last time. I never rated their fanbase but credit where credit is due- it as held up well since they came down to the championship (whilst ours seems remarkably fickle). How can we improve ours to be 17k every week?
Attendance stats please on 20:27 - Nov 19 with 3398 viewsconnell10

Attendance stats please on 20:18 - Nov 19 by SJL

Good gate for a change... but over 20,000 at Fulham. Why are they getting so many more than us these days? I always considered us the bigger club (I know we're not historically, but I started following rangers in the late 80s), but that is getting increasingly difficult to justify. We should be getting 17k every week. Our attendances are worse than when we were in the third tier with Ollie last time. I never rated their fanbase but credit where credit is due- it as held up well since they came down to the championship (whilst ours seems remarkably fickle). How can we improve ours to be 17k every week?

Mmmm possibly could be because they have a bigger ground than us.. just saying mate!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Attendance stats please on 20:31 - Nov 19 with 3381 viewsLancsR

I believe Shef Weds had a huge following there today.
Attendance stats please on 20:37 - Nov 19 with 3359 viewsSJL

Attendance stats please on 20:27 - Nov 19 by connell10

Mmmm possibly could be because they have a bigger ground than us.. just saying mate!!

Yeah. That's true, you're right of course. I don't want to sound too critical especially after today's win and Ollie coming back, I want to get behind the club. But it feels like support has been slipping for years. It just pisses me off...Half my family are Fulham. I just think 18k shouldn't be that difficult to sell out most weeks.
Attendance stats please on 20:50 - Nov 19 with 3317 viewsRangersw12

Attendance stats please on 20:37 - Nov 19 by SJL

Yeah. That's true, you're right of course. I don't want to sound too critical especially after today's win and Ollie coming back, I want to get behind the club. But it feels like support has been slipping for years. It just pisses me off...Half my family are Fulham. I just think 18k shouldn't be that difficult to sell out most weeks.

Would take 17k Rangers over 20k Fulham any day of the week .

It's such a weird experience going there majority seem to think it's like going to the theatre or something and the atmosphere is just odd
Attendance stats please on 21:12 - Nov 19 with 3248 viewsqpr1976

Attendance stats please on 18:32 - Nov 19 by losethedrum

17,187 today Boston .

2nd highest (Home) League game attendance of the season. Behind Newcastle 17,404 but better than Leeds 16,764 on the first (Sun)day of the season. Averaging 14,895 after 8 games at Home. Previous seasons -
2015/16 15,994 ((Champ)
2014/15 17,809 (Prem)
2013/14 16,742 (Champ)
2012/13 17,779 (Prem)
2011/12 17,295 (Prem)
2010/11 15,635 (Champs)
Previous 5 years were between 12,936 and 14,090

Enough stats ?
Attendance stats please on 21:14 - Nov 19 with 3237 viewsBoston

Attendance stats please on 20:31 - Nov 19 by LancsR

I believe Shef Weds had a huge following there today.

It's not only Rangers who rate Fulham away as a great day out.Most clubs bring a good following over there for most of the reasons we like it.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Attendance stats please on 01:25 - Nov 20 with 2930 viewstimcocking

Attendance stats please on 20:27 - Nov 19 by connell10

Well, if we had a bigger ground this last year, surely that would mean more empty seats, not a higher attendance?

Probably the average Fulham fan can afford to pay for more tickets easier being all posh n that.
Attendance stats please on 09:50 - Nov 20 with 2707 viewsPunteR

Fulham had been in the prem for a sustained 10 years previously. That's probably helped pick up a few more fans.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Attendance stats please on 10:18 - Nov 20 with 2646 viewsCamberleyR

Attendance stats please on 20:18 - Nov 19 by SJL

"Our attendances are worse than when we were in the third tier with Ollie last time"

No they aren't. Our average home attendance in the 2003/04 promotion season was 13,743. The season before that was about a thousand less and 01/02 about a thousand less than that.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Attendance stats please on 21:22 - Nov 20 with 2443 viewsStevenageRanger

Attendance stats please on 21:12 - Nov 19 by qpr1976

2nd highest (Home) League game attendance of the season. Behind Newcastle 17,404 but better than Leeds 16,764 on the first (Sun)day of the season. Averaging 14,895 after 8 games at Home. Previous seasons -
2015/16 15,994 ((Champ)
2014/15 17,809 (Prem)
2013/14 16,742 (Champ)
2012/13 17,779 (Prem)
2011/12 17,295 (Prem)
2010/11 15,635 (Champs)
Previous 5 years were between 12,936 and 14,090

Enough stats ?

However Leeds, Newcastle and Norwich had top and bottom stands and had c3k with them.

But yes, yesterday was up for Rs fans attending when compared to most games this season.
Attendance stats please on 08:50 - Nov 21 with 2307 viewsKonk

I think we’re averaging 18, 841 this season, with away turnouts averaging just over 3,000, so home support just shy of 16,000.

2014/15 — finished 17th 18,317
2015/16 — finished 20th 17,566

If I could be bothered to trawl back through similar threads from the past, I’m sure that when we were relegated I guessed that we could expect 15-16,000 home fans if we were half decent, so our gates are where I’d expect them to be. The average is obviously boosted by a lot of clubs bringing good supports to the Cottage. £25 tickets and as many tickets as you want if you take the Neutral section into account, nice old ground, hassle-free day out in a nice part of the world, and the past few years, away fans have had a good chance of seeing their team get a result too.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Attendance stats please on 09:05 - Nov 21 with 2293 viewsKonk

Attendance stats please on 20:50 - Nov 19 by Rangersw12

Would take 17k Rangers over 20k Fulham any day of the week .

It's such a weird experience going there majority seem to think it's like going to the theatre or something and the atmosphere is just odd

Having been to a few games at the Cottage over the years, I’m not sure that most of our regulars are any different to those at most other clubs. The Riverside stand is full of people concentrating on the game with the occasional tactical observation quietly shared with a neighbour, but most of the people in there are still passionate about their club. Many of the people who’ve organised campaigns and fund raising in the past sit there.

Because we’re a London club and tickets are easy to come by, we do get curious tourists and some floppy fringed locals coming along to watch a game without caring to much who wins, but most of the rest of the crowd are no different to most other English club’s support. The acoustics at the Cottage are terrible — for the average run of the mill game, we made a lot more noise when we played at LR for those two years, because LR is great for generating an atmosphere. That said, it’s hardly been a bear pit when we’ve visited, so I’m not sure our supports are as dissimilar as some Rangers fans imagine.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Attendance stats please on 16:49 - Nov 21 with 2153 viewsSJL

Attendance stats please on 09:05 - Nov 21 by Konk

Having been to a few games at the Cottage over the years, I’m not sure that most of our regulars are any different to those at most other clubs. The Riverside stand is full of people concentrating on the game with the occasional tactical observation quietly shared with a neighbour, but most of the people in there are still passionate about their club. Many of the people who’ve organised campaigns and fund raising in the past sit there.

Because we’re a London club and tickets are easy to come by, we do get curious tourists and some floppy fringed locals coming along to watch a game without caring to much who wins, but most of the rest of the crowd are no different to most other English club’s support. The acoustics at the Cottage are terrible — for the average run of the mill game, we made a lot more noise when we played at LR for those two years, because LR is great for generating an atmosphere. That said, it’s hardly been a bear pit when we’ve visited, so I’m not sure our supports are as dissimilar as some Rangers fans imagine.

I reckon most rangers fans would secretly acknowledge that mate, we just like the banter. Personally, I've always considered Rangers and Fulham fans to be cut from exactly the same cloth (to be honest the fulham fans in my family are definitely the scummier side of the family!)
Attendance stats please on 16:51 - Nov 21 with 2149 viewsPinnerPaul

Our next home game being a traditional Thursday 7.45 kick off - it will be interesting to see what the crowd is.

Wolves certainly won't fill away end.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024