Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Versus Crystal Palace Premier League Match Thread 12:14 - Nov 22 with 40811 viewsjackharris

Venue: Liberty Stadium, Landore, Swansea, UK
Date: Saturday 26th November 2016
Kick Off: 15:00 (UK time)
TEAM NEWS
Swansea's South Korean midfielder Ki Sung-yeung has been ruled out for around two weeks with a toe injury. Captain Leon Britton is fit again after missing the draw at Everton with a calf injury, while Jefferson Montero is also available following a hand problem. Crystal Palace midfielder Joe Ledley has returned to training this week after a knock and could be involved. However, Loic Remy will be out for a further three weeks with a calf injury, and Steve Mandanda remains sidelined.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES
John Roder: "This is not the most glamorous fixture in the Premier League this weekend, but it may just be the most important. Two struggling sides under intense scrutiny, both desperate to halt poor runs of form. It's the start of a crucial period for the Swans, who face four of the five teams currently just above them before the end of the year. As has been well documented, Palace have had an awful 2016 in the league - the worst record in the top four English divisions. By the time these teams meet again in early January, both will be hoping to be in a stronger position - starting with a positive result this weekend."

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY
Swansea manager Bob Bradley: "We played a good match against Everton, training has been good this week and now we are ready to push on in a strong way. We are ready to take all of the work we have done and make it count on Saturday. With the support of our fans at the Liberty, I see this game as an opportunity for us to build on the good things we did last week."

Crystal Palace manager Alan Pardew: "I'm an experienced manager and I have been in this situation before. This is my ninth Premier League season and I want it to be 10 with Crystal Palace. A win would make our position look clearer and take the pressure off us. The points we get in the next few matches will be crucial to where we will finish. Our fans are getting frustrated, they are seeing good performances but we are making mistakes we should not be doing."

LAWRO'S PREDICTION Palace boss Alan Pardew needs a win just as badly as Bob Bradley, his Swansea counterpart. The difference is the Eagles have got players we know can perform in the Premier League, but they are not doing that at the moment. Prediction: 1-1

MATCH FACTS Head-to-head The three previous Premier League meetings between these sides at the Liberty Stadium have all ended 1-1. Swansea are unbeaten in their last five home league games with Palace, although four have been draws.

Swansea haven't won since the opening day of the season. Their 11-game winless run (D3, L8) is a club record in the top flight. Bob Bradley has made the worst start by a Swansea manager in the Premier League, failing to win any of his opening five matches (D2, L3). They have claimed just two points from six home games this season - the fewest in the top flight. The Swans have conceded three goals in four of their last seven league matches. Gylfi Sigurdsson has had a hand in six of Swansea's 11 goals in the Premier League this season (three goals, three assists).

Crystal Palace are on a five-game losing run in the Premier League; they haven't lost six in a row since November 2013 (seven defeats). They have earned 22 points from 31 matches in 2016, an average of 0.71 points per game which is the fewest of any team in the top four divisions in England. The Eagles are the only team yet to keep a Premier League clean sheet this season. They have gone 17 league games without one and conceded 12 goals in their last four matches. Palace have scored a league-high eight headed goals this campaign. Wilfried Zaha has provided an assist in each of his last four Premier League games.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2016 17:59]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Versus Crystal Palace Premier League Match Thread on 13:12 - Nov 22 with 8404 viewsjacabertawe

Agree with suggested line up, with the exception of Fernandez. VDH a better option IMO.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

The Official Swansea City Versus Crystal Palace Premier League Match Thread on 13:30 - Nov 22 with 8390 viewsraynor94

Surely we have to play a recognised striker in this game, if as seems likely we are going down, let's at least make a fist of it

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Official Swansea City Versus Crystal Palace Premier League Match Thread on 15:28 - Nov 22 with 8335 viewsJackBaston

excited and nervous for this game, biggest match of our season
lose and we're almost certainly relegated
a win and maybe another win against sunderland and we're right back in the fight
If Bob doesnt put out an attacking team though we may as well sack him and plan for the championship now
The Official Swansea City Versus Crystal Palace Premier League Match Thread on 15:31 - Nov 22 with 8339 viewsPegojack

The Official Swansea City Versus Crystal Palace Premier League Match Thread on 13:30 - Nov 22 by raynor94

Surely we have to play a recognised striker in this game, if as seems likely we are going down, let's at least make a fist of it

I agree, but I also liked the look of Fer, Cork and Fulton together in midfield.

How can we accommodate those three, plus a striker, plus Gylfi, plus two wingers?

Either play three at the back, or have only one winger, or start with twelve!
The Official Swansea City Versus Crystal Palace Premier League Match Thread on 15:37 - Nov 22 with 8330 viewsbiggar

So we are at home, in what is not far off a must win game and some are suggesting that we don't play with a recognised striker?!
The Official Swansea City Versus Crystal Palace Premier League Match Thread on 15:49 - Nov 22 with 8309 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Striker at home please or bob can kiss my ass (American spelling)

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Official Swansea City Versus Crystal Palace Premier League Match Thread on 16:10 - Nov 22 with 8285 viewsswan_si

Saha must be hoping Bob picks Taylor, please Bob, if you're reading this, ffs DON'T!
The Official Swansea City Versus Crystal Palace Premier League Match Thread on 16:38 - Nov 22 with 8256 viewsJFSwan

Sacrifice Fer for Gylfi every time to include a striker.

Also, an unchanged back 4 for once as we need to settle , and i think Taylor can handle Zaha a bit better than Kingsley .

Fab
Naughton Amat Fede Taylor
Cork Fulton
Barrow Gylfi Routledge
Baston
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Versus Crystal Palace Premier League Match Thread on 18:18 - Nov 22 with 8177 viewsBYMJacks

this is a really big game saturday will take any win which i think we will but it wont be easy.
The Official Swansea City Versus Crystal Palace Premier League Match Thread on 18:25 - Nov 22 with 8167 viewsGlyn1

The Official Swansea City Versus Crystal Palace Premier League Match Thread on 16:38 - Nov 22 by JFSwan

Sacrifice Fer for Gylfi every time to include a striker.

Also, an unchanged back 4 for once as we need to settle , and i think Taylor can handle Zaha a bit better than Kingsley .

Fab
Naughton Amat Fede Taylor
Cork Fulton
Barrow Gylfi Routledge
Baston

I'm thinking that it'll be as near as dammit the same team that started against Arsenal and against Everton. I'm not saying I'd agree with it because it might be too defensive at home but I think it's how the manager will go.

Fabianski

Naughton : Fernandez : Amat : Taylor

Cork : Britton (or Fulton if Leon isn't fit)

Barrow : Fer : Routledge

Sigurdsson

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Swansea City Versus Crystal Palace Premier League Match Thread on 18:32 - Nov 22 with 8148 viewsOldjack

The Official Swansea City Versus Crystal Palace Premier League Match Thread on 18:18 - Nov 22 by BYMJacks

this is a really big game saturday will take any win which i think we will but it wont be easy.

We looked a little bit like our old selves last time out ,well in the first half we did, if by some miracle we take the lead don't shut up shop or we'll surely surrender it .Get them on the ropes and batter the fukers with no mercy whatsoever FOR THE NINETY !

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Swansea City Versus Crystal Palace Premier League Match Thread on 19:05 - Nov 22 with 8124 viewsgrfn

Fabiański
Naughton - Amat - VDH - Taylor
Cork - Fulton
Barrow - Gylfi - Routledge (If Montero isn't fit)
Borja
The Official Swansea City Versus Crystal Palace Premier League Match Thread on 19:07 - Nov 22 with 8120 viewsTummer_from_Texas

I'm surprised to see anyone picking Fed/Amat over VDH/Mawson.

Yes, we were much better defensively against Everton than we were ManU. But that was in spite of our CB's in my opinion, not because of them.

Really, where ManU took advantage of our defense was right at the top. Hoping BB recognized that and doesn't start the 4-4-2 anymore with Llorente and Borja together.

I'd go with:

--------Fab-------
KN-VDH-AM-SK
--Cork-Fulton--
MB-GS-Montero (ND-GS-MB if still no JM)
-------Borja-------

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Official Swansea City Versus Crystal Palace Premier League Match Thread on 20:56 - Nov 22 with 8020 viewsBYMJacks

The Official Swansea City Versus Crystal Palace Premier League Match Thread on 18:32 - Nov 22 by Oldjack

We looked a little bit like our old selves last time out ,well in the first half we did, if by some miracle we take the lead don't shut up shop or we'll surely surrender it .Get them on the ropes and batter the fukers with no mercy whatsoever FOR THE NINETY !

ye i agree and our defence isnt good enough for shutting up shop so i hope we do not do that if we are winning saturday.
The Official Swansea City Versus Crystal Palace Premier League Match Thread on 20:59 - Nov 22 with 8020 viewsBYMJacks

The Official Swansea City Versus Crystal Palace Premier League Match Thread on 18:32 - Nov 22 by Oldjack

ye i agree and our defence isnt good enough for shutting up shop so i hope we do not do that if we are winning saturday.
The Official Swansea City Versus Crystal Palace Premier League Match Thread on 23:31 - Nov 22 with 7877 viewsmonmouth

I fully expect him to pick the same team for once and try and keep things tight for 60 mins, and if we haven't squeaked ahead with a set piece by then (it's what he does), then bring on a forward, if we have one that will play for him. This is going to be a right nailbiter. If we concede first we will lose.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City Versus Crystal Palace Premier League Match Thread on 07:01 - Nov 23 with 7784 viewsSwansNZ

Off on holiday tomorrow, so doubt I'll see this or the Spurs game, might be just as well.

Either a tense 0-0, or tense 1-0 or 0-1, either way, there will be a lot of tension.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Swansea City Versus Crystal Palace Premier League Match Thread on 11:24 - Nov 23 with 7666 viewsShonky

I read with a groan that Leon is back. Please no.

Its just a ride...

The Official Swansea City Versus Crystal Palace Premier League Match Thread on 11:27 - Nov 23 with 7659 viewsVetchitBack

Those arguing against Gykfi up top/false 9 - have you thought about our tried and tested alternative?

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

The Official Swansea City Versus Crystal Palace Premier League Match Thread on 12:37 - Nov 23 with 7604 viewsmonmouth

This is going to be one of those days one way or another. After this match we are really going to know what the score is with our team and our coaches. there simply are no hiding places or excuses left.

Do. It.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City Versus Crystal Palace Premier League Match Thread on 14:17 - Nov 23 with 7542 viewsnierika

Ive been wanting him to start Amat & VdH
The Official Swansea City Versus Crystal Palace Premier League Match Thread on 18:45 - Nov 23 with 7397 views34dfgdf54

The Official Swansea City Versus Crystal Palace Premier League Match Thread on 14:17 - Nov 23 by nierika

Ive been wanting him to start Amat & VdH

Fabianski
Naughton. Amat. VDH. Taylor
Cork. Fulton
Barrow. Siggy. Montero
Borja

I would have probably kept Fede in because changing centre half partnerships all the time won't get us anywhere, but I think VDH is needed to counter Benteke aerial threat.

Taylor because I think we will need him to be on top of his game defensively against Zaha, Kingsley is still suspect with defending.

Montero if fit, if not, Dyer, will atleast do a job tracking back.
The Official Swansea City Versus Crystal Palace Premier League Match Thread on 20:17 - Nov 23 with 7320 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

LF
KN JA FF NT

JC LF
WR JM
GS
BB

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Official Swansea City Versus Crystal Palace Premier League Match Thread on 21:47 - Nov 23 with 7251 viewsGlyn1

The Official Swansea City Versus Crystal Palace Premier League Match Thread on 23:31 - Nov 22 by monmouth

I fully expect him to pick the same team for once and try and keep things tight for 60 mins, and if we haven't squeaked ahead with a set piece by then (it's what he does), then bring on a forward, if we have one that will play for him. This is going to be a right nailbiter. If we concede first we will lose.

About set pieces.

Crystal Palace have conceded more goals from set pieces in the Premier League this season than any other team (nine, or almost one every match).

The Official Swansea City Versus Crystal Palace Premier League Match Thread on 23:29 - Nov 23 with 7179 viewsGlyn1

The referee is Kevin Friend.

He hasn't had any matches with us this season. His record for the last three seasons is:

2015/2016
Swansea 0 - 3 Arsenal
Oxford 3 - 2 Swansea (FA Cup)

2014/2015
Chelsea 4 - 2 Swansea
Everton 0 - 0 Swansea
Swansea 2 - 0 QPR
Arsenal 0 - 1 Swansea

2013/2014
CRYSTAL PALACE 0 - 2 SWANSEA
Everton 3 - 1 Swansea

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024