Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
mo barrow up front 18:57 - Dec 5 with 6129 viewsspiderboy

could be an interesting one,like sh"t off a shovel!could cause a riot between the mackems centre backs,play siggy where hes best,routledge delivering the ball for mo and siggy to latch on to.3pts in the bag .could be up to 18th come sat night!
mo barrow up front on 21:28 - Dec 5 with 1291 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Seeing as Fer is so crap as a midfielder, especially defensively, but is pretty good at scoring goals (6), maybe he should be the striker?
mo barrow up front on 22:01 - Dec 5 with 1268 viewsJBT95

Barrow should never play for us again, utter gash.

Should give that James who was on the bench v Stoke a go on Saturday, can't be any worse than Mo.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2016 22:02]
mo barrow up front on 22:05 - Dec 5 with 1261 viewspencoedjack

mo barrow up front on 22:01 - Dec 5 by JBT95

Barrow should never play for us again, utter gash.

Should give that James who was on the bench v Stoke a go on Saturday, can't be any worse than Mo.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2016 22:02]

If he played for Wales I would bet a lot of money you would not have the same view
mo barrow up front on 22:34 - Dec 5 with 1234 viewsKerouac

I suggested this on a different thread a few days ago so I obviously know nothing about football either....

as a teenager I played in a team where I was the playmaker in the centre of the park and we had a sprinter up front who was UK standard. I used to put the balls in behind for him and he used to score 40-60 goals a season.
He was average height and skinny, a puff of wind could have blown him over.
D'you know, I don't recall any defenders getting close enough often enough to use their superior strength to do a damn thing about it.

I'm pretty sure Siggy at least is cute enough to put him away a few times a game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

mo barrow up front on 22:39 - Dec 5 with 1229 viewsMurph75

mo barrow up front on 22:34 - Dec 5 by Kerouac

I suggested this on a different thread a few days ago so I obviously know nothing about football either....

as a teenager I played in a team where I was the playmaker in the centre of the park and we had a sprinter up front who was UK standard. I used to put the balls in behind for him and he used to score 40-60 goals a season.
He was average height and skinny, a puff of wind could have blown him over.
D'you know, I don't recall any defenders getting close enough often enough to use their superior strength to do a damn thing about it.

I'm pretty sure Siggy at least is cute enough to put him away a few times a game.

Barrow has no idea what to do with the ball when its at his feet. He's not a goal scorer as his record would suggest.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2016 22:40]
mo barrow up front on 22:51 - Dec 5 with 1214 viewsspiderboy

mo barrow up front on 22:39 - Dec 5 by Murph75

Barrow has no idea what to do with the ball when its at his feet. He's not a goal scorer as his record would suggest.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2016 22:40]

though we need a goalscorer,i wasn't suggesting that barrow would be the sole target for scoring goals,as you quite rightly pointed out,hes not a goalscorer.but playing him up top would create chances to the left of him,and to the right of him,and allowing siggy a couple of yards space behind him. just my opinion,
mo barrow up front on 22:54 - Dec 5 with 1208 viewsMurph75

mo barrow up front on 22:51 - Dec 5 by spiderboy

though we need a goalscorer,i wasn't suggesting that barrow would be the sole target for scoring goals,as you quite rightly pointed out,hes not a goalscorer.but playing him up top would create chances to the left of him,and to the right of him,and allowing siggy a couple of yards space behind him. just my opinion,

We've got two proven goal scorers sat on the bench. Barrow has barely created anything all season, I can't see it changing by shifting him inside.
mo barrow up front on 22:55 - Dec 5 with 1206 viewsKerouac

If we can put him away 2/3 times a game he only needs to take 1 chance in 3 games (6/9 chances) to make a positive difference to our points haul.

...and as the post above me states, the chaos unleashed in a defence by a striker streaking away from them into wide open space creates opportunities for others also.

What have we got to lose?

Login to get fewer ads

mo barrow up front on 22:57 - Dec 5 with 1199 viewsMurph75

mo barrow up front on 22:55 - Dec 5 by Kerouac

If we can put him away 2/3 times a game he only needs to take 1 chance in 3 games (6/9 chances) to make a positive difference to our points haul.

...and as the post above me states, the chaos unleashed in a defence by a striker streaking away from them into wide open space creates opportunities for others also.

You honestly think he's capable of taking one chance in three? He'd struggle to score against Cyril at half time.
mo barrow up front on 23:00 - Dec 5 with 1195 viewsmax936

mo barrow up front on 22:55 - Dec 5 by Kerouac

Its a fair point, but the other point is will he/ can he control the ball well enough to be able to get the chance to finish and has he got the gonads to finish in a one on one situation?
[Post edited 5 Dec 2016 23:01]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

mo barrow up front on 23:01 - Dec 5 with 1191 viewsspiderboy

mo barrow up front on 22:57 - Dec 5 by Murph75

You honestly think he's capable of taking one chance in three? He'd struggle to score against Cyril at half time.

hes not there for scoring,just for the sheer havoc he,d cause,plus hes bound to scuff 2 or 3 in by accident,
mo barrow up front on 23:05 - Dec 5 with 1184 viewsKerouac

mo barrow up front on 22:57 - Dec 5 by Murph75

He's got a decent left foot!

1 chance from 6-9 chances.
If we can't put a boy with that kind of pace away 2/3 times a game we don't deserve to stay up.

I'd pair him with Llorente, Siggy in behind.
3 at the back & wing-backs.
The midfield and the wing-backs would have 2 go to balls...knock it in to Llorente or in behind for Barrow. If neither is on you knock it about and move the defence about some more.
If it's not working bring Baston on for 1 of them....possible moving Barrow out wide in the process.

We've got to try something! We are shit!

mo barrow up front on 23:07 - Dec 5 with 1178 viewsMurph75

mo barrow up front on 23:05 - Dec 5 by Kerouac

He's got a decent left foot!

1 chance from 6-9 chances.
If we can't put a boy with that kind of pace away 2/3 times a game we don't deserve to stay up.

I'd pair him with Llorente, Siggy in behind.
3 at the back & wing-backs.
The midfield and the wing-backs would have 2 go to balls...knock it in to Llorente or in behind for Barrow. If neither is on you knock it about and move the defence about some more.
If it's not working bring Baston on for 1 of them....possible moving Barrow out wide in the process.

We've got to try something! We are shit!

I agree we're sh!t and we've got to try something. Sadly Barrow is one of the reasons we're sh!t and isnt the answer. We most be one of the only side in the league relying on a player to create chances who was sent back from the championship because he was crap.
mo barrow up front on 23:11 - Dec 5 with 1176 viewsMurph75

mo barrow up front on 23:01 - Dec 5 by spiderboy

hes not there for scoring,just for the sheer havoc he,d cause,plus hes bound to scuff 2 or 3 in by accident,

Let me get this right. You want him to play up front to cause havoc and not score goals?

The guy has no positional sense, no 1st touch and basically hasn't got much of a clue what he's doing.

He shouldn't be any where near the 1st team let alone being talked about in terms of our one hope of staying up.
mo barrow up front on 23:13 - Dec 5 with 1172 viewsjasper_T

Yeah I don't know why every team doesn't just put the fastest lad they can find up top and lump balls forward all game either!!!

It's like some of you haven't watched a professional game in twenty years.
mo barrow up front on 23:16 - Dec 5 with 877 viewsKerouac

mo barrow up front on 23:13 - Dec 5 by jasper_T

Yeah I don't know why every team doesn't just put the fastest lad they can find up top and lump balls forward all game either!!!

Ha Ha!
Fair point
BUT what we are doing isn't working. Barrow isn't just quick, he's quick by Prem standard.
I can easily see Llorente playing him in OR laying it off to Siggy who plays the boy in.
His pace is electric.

mo barrow up front on 23:20 - Dec 5 with 866 viewsspiderboy

mo barrow up front on 23:13 - Dec 5 by jasper_T

so tell me the answer to the equation maestro,if we can accommodate your ideas and still stay up I,l send you an easter bonnet
mo barrow up front on 23:22 - Dec 5 with 859 viewsjasper_T

mo barrow up front on 23:20 - Dec 5 by spiderboy

so tell me the answer to the equation maestro,if we can accommodate your ideas and still stay up I,l send you an easter bonnet

Time machine to 18 months ago and buy the right players for the squad.
mo barrow up front on 23:23 - Dec 5 with 853 viewsKerouac

mo barrow up front on 23:22 - Dec 5 by jasper_T

So in our current situation you'd just chuck the towel in?

mo barrow up front on 23:25 - Dec 5 with 849 viewsMurph75

mo barrow up front on 23:22 - Dec 5 by jasper_T

We'd only have to rewind back to the summer.
mo barrow up front on 23:37 - Dec 5 with 836 viewsspiderboy

mo barrow up front on 23:25 - Dec 5 by Murph75

We'd only have to rewind back to the summer.

lets get it done then.see you 18 months ago
mo barrow up front on 23:38 - Dec 5 with 832 viewsMurph75

mo barrow up front on 23:37 - Dec 5 by spiderboy

lets get it done then.see you 18 months ago

I'll get the delorean. Probably more realistic than playing Barrow up front.
mo barrow up front on 23:40 - Dec 5 with 830 viewsKerouac

OR put your cock on the block and tell us what formation and team you'd play to give us our best chance of avoiding the drop?

mo barrow up front on 23:43 - Dec 5 with 824 viewsMurph75

mo barrow up front on 23:40 - Dec 5 by Kerouac

OR put your cock on the block and tell us what formation and team you'd play to give us our best chance of avoiding the drop?

4-2-3-1

Siggy in the number 10 role feeding of Llorente who in turn would feed of quality crosses from our wide players if we had wide players capable of crossing the ball that is.
mo barrow up front on 23:52 - Dec 5 with 817 viewsspiderboy

mo barrow up front on 23:43 - Dec 5 by Murph75

4-2-3-1

Siggy in the number 10 role feeding of Llorente who in turn would feed of quality crosses from our wide players if we had wide players capable of crossing the ball that is.

but we havnt..so you said,go back to sq 1
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024