Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? 12:29 - Jan 4 with 4788 viewssherpajacob

"I was the lucky one to score the goal, but after so many weeks being probably, if you want to call it a 'shambles' or 'not well organised', we looked like a proper team"

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 18:14 - Jan 4 with 773 viewsmax936

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 16:00 - Jan 4 by jack247

I'm not defending him. Do find it weird that 90 odd percent of your posts are directed at Taylor though. I'm not even saying he isn't our weakest player. You can easily stay up without a PL quality left back, it's much harder without a PL quality CB or CM though.

I'm sorry to say that we need an upgrade on Cork as well, I say sorry because I like him, but basic's let him down, quickness of thought and deed and leadership, he's a worker and a trier, but its not enough he might be ok with better players around, but that's not the answer.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 19:19 - Jan 4 with 708 viewsjack247

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 18:04 - Jan 4 by deanscfc

Well we're obviously gonna disagree on how urgernt a left back is but for me the reason itnis so important is:

1) Taylor is now being targeted. Sides know that he is a weakness in our team and are going for it.

2) We don't have much in the way of back up here..Kingsley is it. And he is nowhere near experienced enough.

3) Taylor seems to have lost any defensive ability. At one point we could say 'ah well he doesn't offer us anything going forward but at least he is solid enough'. Now we can't day that. He often seems a yard or two off the pace and is continually beaten. Half the time he isn't even in position anymore and seems to be strolling around in midfield without bothering to get back.

4) While agree that we also need a right back, at least we have both Naughton and Rangel. Rangel is off the pace but still better than Taylor and Naughton is 'ok' but from time to time has a decent game.

5) Yes we need another winger badly especially with Montero playing poorly recently and now injured, but any winger we have will be helped massively by a fullback that doesn't continually pass backwards when an attack would otherwise be on...or by one that has the pace and confidence to link with them well. Someone like Ben Davies would make life much easier for our winger, I'm sure of it.

6) Centre backs...yeah we need one...but actually I don't think Fernandez or Amat are neccessarily bad players. Both have played well for us previously...Amat under Laudruo and Fernandez more recently. Mawson stepped up big time yesterday too. We still need a leader.

Again, I think if we say 'Taylor can be replaced in the summer' then by that point we will be down. The time is now..

1. Agree
2. Agree
3. Same could be said for most of the team, they have looked like a bunch of individuals for months.
4. I wasn't arguing that poInt. I'd put right back as a lower priority than left back. I'd put them both as a lower priority than centre back, centre midfielder and productive winger (whichever side)
5. Ben Davies would make no difference to Montero (though I'd much rather him to Taylor). Whoever your full back is, he can't overlap a winger who won't come off the touch line. Not being willing to run on to balls doesn't help either. If we had Hernandez on the wing you may have a point.
6. Fernandez has played well for us alongside Ash, as have Chico and Caulker. I'm sure VDH and Mawson would too. We are desperately missing a leader who influences his centre back partner, the full backs and deep midfielders. Amat has never really let us down when stepping in. He hasn't been so hot as first choice.

Wouldn't disagree with replacing him now, I certainly wouldn't prioritise it over the positions I've mentioned though.
Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 19:34 - Jan 4 with 694 viewsEbo

He was a bit sheepish in his post match interview regarding the handball incident

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 21:25 - Jan 4 with 622 viewsUplandsJack

Replacing Taylor has to be one of the top targets this window. However Davies wouldn't be my choice sorry. Yes Davies is miles better going forward but let's all pause and think back. Ash repeatedly bailed Davies out defensively. I'd say he's a bit better that Taylor defensively, but not a lot. That's why he spends 90% of the season on the bench for Spurs...
I have no alternative option, however I'm sure Clement will have.....
Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 21:32 - Jan 4 with 611 viewsOldjack

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 14:11 - Jan 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

The second half was the sort of embarassing performance and approach that has taken us to bottom of the table this season.

Defending for most of the second half as if we were 1-0 up at the Nou Camp was woeful. It was Crystal Palace for God's sake. Bournemouth didn't sit back after their first goal against us. Neither did West Ham or any of the other teams to give us a beating recently.

Yet every time we take a lead, we defend as if it is the final two minutes of stoppage time.

We were fortunate to win yesterday against a side we showed we could clearly dominate, as evidenced by the first 45 minutes.

yep, i fuking hate it when we do that ,you'll never see a top team do that unless it's of course against Barca etc ,we were slowly digging our grave yesterday when we should have been out of sight ,Sort it Paul

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 21:39 - Jan 4 with 593 viewsStarsky

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 18:14 - Jan 4 by max936

I'm sorry to say that we need an upgrade on Cork as well, I say sorry because I like him, but basic's let him down, quickness of thought and deed and leadership, he's a worker and a trier, but its not enough he might be ok with better players around, but that's not the answer.

Actually Max... players like Cork may thrive under a new manager.
I would say that most of them will be given a chance

It's just the internet, init.

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 22:58 - Jan 4 with 508 viewsdeanscfc

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 19:19 - Jan 4 by jack247

1. Agree
2. Agree
3. Same could be said for most of the team, they have looked like a bunch of individuals for months.
4. I wasn't arguing that poInt. I'd put right back as a lower priority than left back. I'd put them both as a lower priority than centre back, centre midfielder and productive winger (whichever side)
5. Ben Davies would make no difference to Montero (though I'd much rather him to Taylor). Whoever your full back is, he can't overlap a winger who won't come off the touch line. Not being willing to run on to balls doesn't help either. If we had Hernandez on the wing you may have a point.
6. Fernandez has played well for us alongside Ash, as have Chico and Caulker. I'm sure VDH and Mawson would too. We are desperately missing a leader who influences his centre back partner, the full backs and deep midfielders. Amat has never really let us down when stepping in. He hasn't been so hot as first choice.

Wouldn't disagree with replacing him now, I certainly wouldn't prioritise it over the positions I've mentioned though.

Fair enough...I still disagree on priority but agree that those positions all still need strengthening. I would like to see Montero worked on by Clement because I still think on his day he can be unstoppable. We got ourselves into a mess with recruitment and our points total is the result of that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024