Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pharmacy fees for handling prescriptions in Wales 20:53 - Feb 16 with 3092 viewsDarran

Anyone know how much a Pharmacy gets in Wales everytime someone cashes a prescription?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Pharmacy fees for handling prescriptions in Wales on 20:57 - Feb 16 with 3084 viewsItchySphincter

I don't but I know the one down the road from my house has got a funky drug jukebox with robots grabbing the bottles and pouring out the pills and stuff. All behind a glass screen. Very cool.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Pharmacy fees for handling prescriptions in Wales on 21:31 - Feb 16 with 3043 viewsJoe_bradshaw

That depends.

They get a set amount from the government for each drug which, of course, varies according to the cost of the drug. The pharmacy buys the drugs from manufacturers at its own cost then gets paid by the government when they fill a prescription and the paperwork is processed.

Large chains buy in bulk and get a lower price from manufacturers as you would expect and some independents join together in buyers groups to exploit this. There is also a small admin fee payable to the pharmacy for each prescription filled.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Pharmacy fees for handling prescriptions in Wales on 22:18 - Feb 16 with 2999 viewsSwanzay

Depends on what the prescription is!
Pharmacy fees for handling prescriptions in Wales on 22:54 - Feb 16 with 2953 viewsSkettyJack

It works out at approx 12p per prescription item on top of the cost of the medicine.

The payments to pharmacies aren't quite as simple as how much money they get per prescription tho. There's funding for various other things aswell
Pharmacy fees for handling prescriptions in Wales on 07:29 - Jan 17 with 2378 viewsJamieMyers

Pharmacy fees for handling prescriptions in Wales on 20:57 - Feb 16 by ItchySphincter

I don't but I know the one down the road from my house has got a funky drug jukebox with robots grabbing the bottles and pouring out the pills and stuff. All behind a glass screen. Very cool.

I have been quite flattered with the Pharmacy fees for handling prescriptions, I have been to http://www.lady-era.net/ and all the information they have been sharing has made it clear for me to handle pharmacy fees.
Pharmacy fees for handling prescriptions in Wales on 08:29 - Jan 17 with 2315 viewspikeypaul

And how much do they get for delivering each item?

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Pharmacy fees for handling prescriptions in Wales on 08:34 - Jan 17 with 2315 viewsrossshaw

I haven’t worked in community pharmacy for many years(apart from the odd locum shift), so I haven’t had to look too much at how much money a pharmacy makes from a prescription. However, what I do know is that pharmacies are receiving less and less money for fulfilling prescriptions. Instead, they are making money through the provision of services such as the new medicines service, medicines use reviews and smoking cessation services. If you want to support your local pharmacy, take part in these services. It’s not a surprise that we are seeing fewer independent pharmacies on the high street, there just isn’t enough coming in to support the running costs.

So if a pharmacy offers you a service, take it :)

Trundle could still do a job..

Pharmacy fees for handling prescriptions in Wales on 08:40 - Jan 17 with 2312 viewsrossshaw

https://psnc.org.uk/dispensing-supply/endorsement/fees-allowances/

Found the exact fees

Trundle could still do a job..

Login to get fewer ads

Pharmacy fees for handling prescriptions in Wales on 09:14 - Jan 17 with 2298 viewsProfessor

Pharmacy fees for handling prescriptions in Wales on 08:40 - Jan 17 by rossshaw

Found the exact fees

Some good posts there. My late step father was an independent community pharmacist. When he retired the fee was 80p per item, plus of course the cost of the item. He relied on providing the medicines service to a couple of nursing homes to make his main money and of course retail through the shop. The best margin was on tat for stocking fillers.

He made a decent living but was never rich and worked 9 to 7 and Saturday mornings. Would not handle methadone scripts even for the extra cash due to the issues it brought. A few posters on here may know the Pharmacy in Pentre, Rhondda. We ran it for about 25 years until he was forced to stop due to cancer. Sadly he was so ill by then, it was no real retirement. I miss him still.
Pharmacy fees for handling prescriptions in Wales on 19:51 - Jan 17 with 2166 viewsSkettyJack

Pharmacy fees for handling prescriptions in Wales on 08:40 - Jan 17 by rossshaw

Found the exact fees

The key thing is that Welsh pharmacies have been sheltered somewhat from the cuts the English pharmacies are experiencing

Owing a pharmacy is no longer the money maker it once was, saying that I was once offered a grand to open my shop for an hour on Xmas day, being an employee rather than the owner I politely turned it down
Pharmacy fees for handling prescriptions in Wales on 19:53 - Jan 17 with 2162 viewsSkettyJack

Pharmacy fees for handling prescriptions in Wales on 08:29 - Jan 17 by pikeypaul

And how much do they get for delivering each item?

Delivery to home is done free of charge. No money is given by the NHS for delivery
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024