Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U23s thumped by Bristol City 15:55 - Feb 23 with 3188 viewsA_Fans_Dad

They will need to get back on track to guarantee their top spot by season's end.
Currently 4:0 to Bristol

They are only showing the top 12, Bristol must be below that in the league.

This is not a League, Match it is a group stage match, my bad.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2017 16:11]
U23s thumped by Bristol City on 12:45 - Feb 25 with 588 viewsKilkennyjack

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 12:02 - Feb 25 by Dr_Winston

The minimum age for any player to join an Academy is 9. So by your logic we should have a crop of 13/14 year olds ready to break into the first team any time now.

It can take a decade for an Academy to start developing players on a consistent level. A reality you continually fail to see with your short termist, short sighted desire to see the club piss away every penny into the pockets of players and agents instead of investing in the future.

I would take a fully functioning Academy packed with the best young welsh talent, the best coaches that we can afford from anywhere, and a record of player production at least on par with our previously penniless CoE.

We have none of those things.
So you have to question the investment.

Tell you what - i will stick with my club that through sheer hard work produced local lads Curt, Robbie, Charlo and then Joey, Ben, Jazz and macca.
You keep happy with your Academy that brought in and bought in .....well, Grimes, Gorre, Barrow, Obeng, and the 8 Scottish lads.

And thanks for the contribution to retaining our Premier League status. Fecking marvellous.

Beware of the Risen People

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 15:47 - Feb 25 with 534 viewsjasper_T

Is it buying young players that you have a problem with or the academy?

No one would have been praising the academy had £1.75m Grimes and £1m Barrow turned into good Swansea City players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024