Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saturday is "D" day for streaming... 20:20 - Mar 15 with 6683 viewsSwanjaxs

Word is there is going to be an attempt to block the Premier league streams this weekend.... it was great while it lasted
[Post edited 15 Mar 2017 20:30]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Saturday is "D" for streaming... on 20:22 - Mar 15 with 4038 viewsOldjack

I'll watch it in Arabic if needs be

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Saturday is "D" day for streaming... on 20:31 - Mar 15 with 3980 viewsLord_Bony

Always the Russians.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Saturday is "D" day for streaming... on 20:31 - Mar 15 with 3979 viewsMrSwerve

It will always be possible to find these streams even if you need to use a VPN.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Saturday is "D" day for streaming... on 20:33 - Mar 15 with 3950 viewsTummer_from_Texas

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/191621/watch-nbc-outside

If you can get access to NBC, I highly recommend.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Saturday is on 21:11 - Mar 15 with 3798 viewsSwanjaxs

Basically lads just had a message of the guy who runs the streaming site i use saying he's expecting them to hit his ip address on his server on Saturday, he's telling members who's subs are due this week to hold payment till after the weekend
[Post edited 15 Mar 2017 21:12]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Saturday is "D" day for streaming... on 21:18 - Mar 15 with 3761 viewsLoyal

It won't happen.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Saturday is "D" day for streaming... on 21:21 - Mar 15 with 3752 viewsJack_Kass

Don't understand the technical jargon, but what are they going to do? Shut down someone's IP/internet service forever?

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Saturday is "D" day for streaming... on 21:31 - Mar 15 with 3709 viewsNeathJack

Any site providing the stream from outside the UK would surely be immune to this legislation. The only thing they could do is block access to the IP address providing the stream which a simple VPN should easily circumvent.
Login to get fewer ads

Saturday is "D" day for streaming... on 21:42 - Mar 15 with 3640 viewsepaul

Saturday is "D" day for streaming... on 21:31 - Mar 15 by NeathJack

Any site providing the stream from outside the UK would surely be immune to this legislation. The only thing they could do is block access to the IP address providing the stream which a simple VPN should easily circumvent.

Paid subs sites should be ok, streamtvbox comes from the rep of Ireland

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Saturday is "D" day for streaming... on 21:47 - Mar 15 with 3611 viewsmonmouth

Only thing I can think of is all isps throttling anyone with a vpn at 3pm to 5pm on a Saturday? Not sure if that makes any sense whatsoever or a vpn stops it? I just read it somewhere and don't really understand it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Saturday is "D" day for streaming... on 22:01 - Mar 15 with 3522 viewsJack123

How can they go after the 3pm streams though? There is no paid service in this country for it, so they can't be losing any money..

libera nos a malo

Saturday is "D" day for streaming... on 22:05 - Mar 15 with 3501 viewsmonmouth

Saturday is "D" day for streaming... on 22:01 - Mar 15 by Jack123

How can they go after the 3pm streams though? There is no paid service in this country for it, so they can't be losing any money..

It's the PL, not sky.

Saturday is "D" day for streaming... on 22:26 - Mar 15 with 3416 viewsJack123

Saturday is "D" day for streaming... on 22:05 - Mar 15 by monmouth

It's the PL, not sky.

I know, but what are their losses? To block 3pm games

libera nos a malo

Saturday is "D" day for streaming... on 22:27 - Mar 15 with 3406 viewsmonmouth

Saturday is "D" day for streaming... on 22:26 - Mar 15 by Jack123

I know, but what are their losses? To block 3pm games

Attendances I suppose, maybe away fans?

Saturday is "D" day for streaming... on 22:35 - Mar 15 with 3376 viewsJack123

Saturday is "D" day for streaming... on 22:27 - Mar 15 by monmouth

Attendances I suppose, maybe away fans?

Hmm, I don't know, I'm not even sure what they get money for..ha ha.. These big companies pee me off though, they just hire good lawyers, get what they want, and think they can push people around.. be interesting to see a couple of hundred thousand streaming fans, chipping in a few quid, hiring a top notch lawyer, and making life hard for sky and the premier league.

libera nos a malo

Saturday is "D" day for streaming... on 22:46 - Mar 15 with 3337 viewsPrivate_Partz

The venue I was going to had 'a warning letter' and stopped showing matches. I moved to another venue and they have had their 'account disabled' for the Hull game. I am not sure whether it is all over there as well.
Kodi still works at home although the options are dwindling there also.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Saturday is "D" day for streaming... on 01:59 - Mar 16 with 3143 viewsphact0rri

Saturday is "D" day for streaming... on 21:47 - Mar 15 by monmouth

Only thing I can think of is all isps throttling anyone with a vpn at 3pm to 5pm on a Saturday? Not sure if that makes any sense whatsoever or a vpn stops it? I just read it somewhere and don't really understand it.

is throttling speed with an encrypted connection even legal? I don't know all the laws around there these days, but I thought the Parliment was keen on net neutrality, and that would void it. Also blocking every encrypted connection would have issues for payments and buying things.. I don't that is what is happening.

My thinking is that content providers will be policing known sites IPs and looking for offenders so they can tell the ISPs of the bad, bad, people streaming the footy (and the six nations).

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Saturday is "D" day for streaming... on 03:30 - Mar 16 with 3107 viewsStarsky

The crazy thing as people have said is that there is no paying legal alternative for those who are unable to attend the games.
I would gladly pay the legally going rate for each game if it was available on Sky etc.
Unfortunately it's not available so there we are.
It's not as if our attendances have suffered.

It's just the internet, init.

Saturday is "D" day for streaming... on 03:44 - Mar 16 with 3105 viewsphact0rri

Saturday is "D" day for streaming... on 03:30 - Mar 16 by Starsky

The crazy thing as people have said is that there is no paying legal alternative for those who are unable to attend the games.
I would gladly pay the legally going rate for each game if it was available on Sky etc.
Unfortunately it's not available so there we are.
It's not as if our attendances have suffered.

Its mind blowing that Sky doesn't want to get money off cord cutters.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Saturday is on 09:29 - Mar 16 with 2854 viewsSTID2017

Saturday is on 21:11 - Mar 15 by Swanjaxs

Basically lads just had a message of the guy who runs the streaming site i use saying he's expecting them to hit his ip address on his server on Saturday, he's telling members who's subs are due this week to hold payment till after the weekend
[Post edited 15 Mar 2017 21:12]

Suggest in this instance sign up for the two day offer at £4 from Stream Box - if it works great, if it doesn't your just down £4 (or maybe they'll even refund as they haven't provided the service?)
Then you can try it for the early games before settling down (or not) to watch Swans at 5.30 ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Saturday is "D" day for streaming... on 11:52 - Mar 18 with 2468 viewsSwanjaxs

Almost time to see if the Premier league has got it's shìt on... will be interesting to see if mobile apps like Mobdro and WSS get blocked? On the flip side it's a few weeks till Wet Spam away so it gives the pirates plenty of time to work their magic 👍😎

Saturday is "D" day for streaming... on 11:58 - Mar 18 with 2453 viewsjack247

Saturday is "D" day for streaming... on 11:52 - Mar 18 by Swanjaxs

Almost time to see if the Premier league has got it's shìt on... will be interesting to see if mobile apps like Mobdro and WSS get blocked? On the flip side it's a few weeks till Wet Spam away so it gives the pirates plenty of time to work their magic 👍😎

Is it just the 3.00 kick offs or does it cover live Sky and BT games too?
Saturday is "D" day for streaming... on 12:00 - Mar 18 with 2449 viewsSwanjaxs

Saturday is "D" day for streaming... on 11:58 - Mar 18 by jack247

Is it just the 3.00 kick offs or does it cover live Sky and BT games too?

Just the 3pm ko I think

Saturday is "D" day for streaming... on 12:00 - Mar 18 with 2446 viewscanhecatchit

I suppose they can list a lot of the streaming sites with your internet provider and they then stop you from viewing these sites

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

Saturday is on 12:10 - Mar 18 with 2416 viewsairedale

Saturday is on 09:29 - Mar 16 by STID2017

Suggest in this instance sign up for the two day offer at £4 from Stream Box - if it works great, if it doesn't your just down £4 (or maybe they'll even refund as they haven't provided the service?)
Then you can try it for the early games before settling down (or not) to watch Swans at 5.30 ?

Haven't you got to have a StreamTV box though?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024