Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rant on our away fans 20:24 - Apr 8 with 5724 viewsIeuanIvett98

I have not enjoyed going to the away matches we've sold out this year. Our away following isn't big enough to have passionate fans who want to get loud and support the boys, so when we sell out it's just people who see it as a nice day out.
I am sick of being told to sit down, where's the spirit?
People complain saying they've spent money and travelled all this way, when everyone else has spent the same amount so if we want to stand we will.
Too many fans using away games as a 'day out' rather than to get behind the boys in what could be our last few Premier League matches.
Tell me if you don't agree, I know the players will want max turn outs no matter what.

Poll: Would you sacrifice Premier League status to be in the right hands?

Rant on our away fans on 23:20 - Apr 8 with 1017 viewsLoyal

Our away following isn't big enough to be passionate when it sells out ?
We have sold out 80% of away matches this season.

I know I'm a cnt, but this has lost me.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Rant on our away fans on 07:58 - Apr 9 with 931 viewskeith_gatebroth

Most teams supporters go silent when they see their team being outplayed. I've been to most away matches this season, and although the support has dwindled a bit due to crap performances, we still have a great & vociferous jack army.
Regarding the stand up debate. It seems that all the tall guys want to stand and the shorties and young fans behind them cannot see a thing. It is illegal to stand in matches anyway, due to H & S regulations. I have some sympathy for the stand up debate though, as a lot of the away grounds seats are so cramped you can hardly sit in them, especially the older grounds such as Everton & Liverpool.
Rant on our away fans on 09:00 - Apr 9 with 900 viewsoldcob

Rant on our away fans on 21:58 - Apr 8 by lifelong

Until they introduce safe standing areas you should sit down and watch the game,
Don't you think that's a bit of a selfish attitude "if we want to stand we will" What if there are young people behind you or elderly supporters who find it very uncomfortable to stand for 90 minutes?

Great post Lifelong. There are many of us no longer fit enough or young enough to stand throughout the games now. I was never one who went to every away game but used to do about six or so a season. Haven't seen an away game this or last season because of this, and I do miss them. Old age hopefully will get to us all. Having said that, when I was fit and young I didn't give much consideration to those less fortunate either, so this is not condemning the youngsters who go every week. I wonder if it would be possible to buy tickets for standers and sitters separately, with sitters to the front, and standers to the back, that way everyone gets to see the game as they would like. Probably not though, because officially I believe its illegal to stand and a club wouldn't want to be seen encouraging it.
Rant on our away fans on 09:26 - Apr 9 with 879 viewsBillyChong

The cheap away tickets don't always work in our favour. Makes it cheap and easy for
Fans of the home side/neutrals to get tickets. Sat in Arsenal and Liverpool amongst them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024