Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you vote conservative 23:54 - Apr 27 with 5040 viewsburty

Huge benefit cuts are in the pipeline under Conservative plans, the IFS said PA

Millions of poorer families face massive cuts to their incomes under Conservative benefit cuts in the pipeline, independent researchers warn today.

Nearly 3m working households with children on tax credits would be an average of £2,500 a year worse off, if the plans go ahead.

And 1m families with children and nobody in paid work would be £3,000 per year worse off on average, the respected Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS) said.
If you vote conservative on 12:18 - Apr 28 with 983 viewslondonlisa2001

If you vote conservative on 12:06 - Apr 28 by Jango

The financial crash damaged economic forecasts going forward and changed a lot of plans for labour, they didn't get to use it as an excuse tho. The difference of course is that labour weren't to blame for the crash but the tories are very much responsible for the way Brexit went due to their arrogance and naivity.

Yes they've pointed out an increase in infrastructure and yes Corbyn wants more of it, but it's still borrowing that they said they wouldn't do and that they slated labour for wanting to do.

The 2015 manifesto wasn't caught out by the financial crash, which happened 7 years previously.

I agree that the Tories were to blame for the referendum due to arrogance and naivety. Shockingly so.

But it's not Hammond's fault on what he's left with. The economic plans have been devasted by the vote.

If we were to follow Corbyn's route at this time, the borrowing would be a lot more shocking than it is even now.

I agree with some of what you have been saying and also the other point that zero hour contracts are a horrible development in the workplace (albeit there are some groups that they suit, but not most). But having a go at the government over deficit plans (I don't mean Cameron's lot), doesn't make sense given the alternative.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2017 12:19]
If you vote conservative on 13:53 - Apr 28 with 936 viewsLegend83

The financial crash damaged economic forecasts going forward and changed a lot of plans for labour, they didn't get to use it as an excuse tho. The difference of course is that labour weren't to blame for the crash but the tories are very much responsible for the way Brexit went due to their arrogance and naivity.

Yes they've pointed out an increase in infrastructure and yes Corbyn wants more of it, but it's still borrowing that they said they wouldn't do and that they slated labour for wanting to do.

This is very revisionist!

Every challenge to Labour's economic record was batted back by Brown / any Minister as being nothing to do with them but caused by the (repeat after me) "Global Economic Crisis" - to say they didn't use the crash as an excuse to hide the fact UK Plc was in sh1t state to weather it because of the huge structural deficit built by their excess is balls.

Labour were not to blame for the crash but their governance facilitated it and resulted in us being in a terrible position to get through it, and hence why we are now blaming the Tories for the rising debt and borrowing. Who sold gold reserves at a low price? Who loosened financial regulation? Who took oversight of the markets from the BoE and handed it to the inept FSA? Who encouraged mass ownership of property, even if it meant taking out 110% mortgages?
If you vote conservative on 14:52 - Apr 28 with 912 viewsJango

If you vote conservative on 13:53 - Apr 28 by Legend83

This is very revisionist!

Every challenge to Labour's economic record was batted back by Brown / any Minister as being nothing to do with them but caused by the (repeat after me) "Global Economic Crisis" - to say they didn't use the crash as an excuse to hide the fact UK Plc was in sh1t state to weather it because of the huge structural deficit built by their excess is balls.

Labour were not to blame for the crash but their governance facilitated it and resulted in us being in a terrible position to get through it, and hence why we are now blaming the Tories for the rising debt and borrowing. Who sold gold reserves at a low price? Who loosened financial regulation? Who took oversight of the markets from the BoE and handed it to the inept FSA? Who encouraged mass ownership of property, even if it meant taking out 110% mortgages?

So you criticise labour for using the crash as an excuse for their failings but then in the next sentence use labour as an excuse for the tories failings. The Tories have had 7 years and have gone backwards if anything. Who was it that sold off our Royal Mail on the cheap to their mates again??
If you vote conservative on 14:57 - Apr 28 with 908 viewsperchrockjack

"So you criticise labour" ...well that s told him then

How dare he criticise Labour or what YOU might be believe .

Massive arrogance

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

If you vote conservative on 15:02 - Apr 28 with 903 viewsEbo

If you vote conservative on 08:49 - Apr 28 by perchrockjack

Labour intend to solve our problems by taxing the rich

I can hear Denis healey right now

They will borrow ..billions, which will add to out outstanding debt

It's cheap to borrow they say

Won't affect me but future generations will be fooked

Simply short term " gain" from the High priest of Cant.

A disgusting filthy man who would kill this country stone dead within five years

The conservatives borrowed more in one term than what Labour borrowed in THREE terms.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

If you vote conservative on 15:03 - Apr 28 with 900 viewsEbo

If you vote conservative on 11:47 - Apr 28 by pikeypaul

Looking down on the majority?

Reminds me of the remoaners.

Yeah that brexit is really working well for us isn't it pikey? We should never have had a referendum in the first place.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

If you vote conservative on 15:06 - Apr 28 with 896 viewspikeypaul

If you vote conservative on 15:03 - Apr 28 by Ebo

Yeah that brexit is really working well for us isn't it pikey? We should never have had a referendum in the first place.

Brexit has been great for me although I voted remain.

So what's gone so bad for you as a result of Brexit?

Project fear has been proven.

It's like your type want things to go badly.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2017 15:09]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

If you vote conservative on 15:27 - Apr 28 with 870 viewsLegend83

Forgive me, I'm not trying to argue a Labour Bad / Tory Good narrative here - I agree with you that the Tories have done little to improve things for every day people over the last two terms - just attempting to question your (IMO, absurd) statement that Labour were "honest" when it came to spending.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024