Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lewis Baker 05:28 - Jun 12 with 14166 viewsNirvana

According to this "report" we are "leading the race" to sign him on loan from Chelsea:

http://www.90min.com/posts/5123254-bournemouth-swansea-leading-race-to-sign-chel

Absolute diamond of a player - tidy footballer, two footed, excellent shot from distance, can play in attack or midfield, has end product. Here's a good breakdown of his season:

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2017/6/11/15774670/keep-sell-loan-lewis-b

He has all the best qualities of JJS, but with more talent and minimal drama. Seriously, check out the videos below. Good stuff. Excellent player for us to be linked with, and I really hope we sign him. We still need a quality DM, though. Someone like Vincent Koziello, maybe?

I said this a while ago, but I'd also like to see us try and sign Baker's Vitesse teammate Milot Rashica. He'd probably cost less than £5m (Jenkins specialty), and would give us quality and youth on the wing for a change. The two of them have developed a good relationship on the pitch and I think they could continue that for us. Rashica (4 goals/14 assists) and Baker (15 goals/7 assist) are both extremely creative and productive, and that's what we need right now.

Check out the second video to see them in action together (Baker #34/Rashica #7). Baker's two goals are fantastic, and his link-up play with Rashica for the second is our type of football. Fingers crossed.

Lewis Baker on 19:42 - Jun 27 with 3475 viewsLeonWasGod

Lewis Baker on 19:34 - Jun 27 by LeonWasGod

Baker's just taken the ball of Mawson as he was bursting forward towards the box, and promptly lost it. Last play of the game.

Pens now.

All square 2-2
Lewis Baker on 19:42 - Jun 27 with 3471 viewsLeonWasGod

Baker's just taken the ball of Mawson as he was bursting forward towards the box, and promptly lost it. Last play of the game.

Pens now.

3-2 pickford wrong way
Lewis Baker on 19:43 - Jun 27 with 3468 viewsLeonWasGod

Pens now.

3-3

Beauty from ward-prowse
Lewis Baker on 19:43 - Jun 27 with 3465 viewsLeonWasGod

Pens now.

4-3

Finger tip from pickford!
Lewis Baker on 19:44 - Jun 27 with 3462 viewsLeonWasGod

Pens now.

Redmond

Missed - saved

4-3 germany through to final 🇩🇪
Lewis Baker on 19:49 - Jun 27 with 3425 viewsNirvana

Lewis Baker on 19:44 - Jun 27 by LeonWasGod

Redmond

Missed - saved

4-3 germany through to final 🇩🇪

Wow.

Glad I wasn't watching, have to be honest and say I wanted England to win the whole tournament. It's England, though, so the result was pre-ordained.

Maybe we'll actually be able to sign Abraham now, then, so we can move on with our summer? I suspect Jenkins will milk this for another week or so. We'll see.
Lewis Baker on 19:50 - Jun 27 with 3411 viewsunion_jack

Lewis Baker on 19:49 - Jun 27 by Nirvana

Wow.

Glad I wasn't watching, have to be honest and say I wanted England to win the whole tournament. It's England, though, so the result was pre-ordained.

Maybe we'll actually be able to sign Abraham now, then, so we can move on with our summer? I suspect Jenkins will milk this for another week or so. We'll see.

Just don't let him take a penalty

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Lewis Baker on 19:53 - Jun 27 with 3387 viewsNirvana

Lewis Baker on 19:50 - Jun 27 by union_jack

Just don't let him take a penalty

Haha hopefully we'll still have Siggy for stuff like that.

Any links to the penalties available online?
Login to get fewer ads

Lewis Baker on 19:56 - Jun 27 with 3377 viewsLeonWasGod

Lewis Baker on 19:49 - Jun 27 by Nirvana

Wow.

First game ive seen in the tournament (and I only saw 2nd half). Apparently England have been good but they were completely outclassed today. Germany technically miles better, sharper, more movement and totally controlled the ball and the game.

Abraham totally isolated, so couldn't judge.

Mawson good at the defending, but a tough game for the centre halves. They had no support infront of them and the fullbacks were farkin awful.
Lewis Baker on 20:03 - Jun 27 with 3348 viewsAnotherJohn

Lewis Baker on 19:56 - Jun 27 by LeonWasGod

First game ive seen in the tournament (and I only saw 2nd half). Apparently England have been good but they were completely outclassed today. Germany technically miles better, sharper, more movement and totally controlled the ball and the game.

Mawson good at the defending, but a tough game for the centre halves. They had no support infront of them and the fullbacks were farkin awful.

I saw the game on German satellite TV. England had their share of chances in the first half, including a headed chance for Tammy that he should have buried, and the rebound from the keeper that Alfie sliced wide. There was also a plausible penalty shout when Will Hughes was tumbled over. Overall though the Germans shaded it. The England midfield wasn't as good after the substitutions and I didn't think Murphy or Redmond lived up to their hype.
Lewis Baker on 20:10 - Jun 27 with 3313 viewsunion_jack

I saw less than you but what struck me was that the England players were totally shattered. The season is long and hard. Tournaments like this on top can only have consequences.

Hope Mawson gets some rest now and come back refreshed.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Lewis Baker on 20:18 - Jun 27 with 3271 viewsNirvana

Thanks for the information and analysis, Leon (and John and Union, too). I haven't watched a game but would've if they got in the final.

The kids need to use this as a learning experience and come back hungry for success this season. Hopefully, they'll work even harder this summer on their weaknesses (Mawson- positioning, Abraham- influence/penalties?) and we'll have much stronger players when they report back to us.
Lewis Baker on 20:28 - Jun 27 with 3222 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The team was completely outclassed so it is difficult to fairly judge individuals, however few impressed for England.

Pickford looks excellent, Chambers and Mawson did well, as did Redmond.

The full backs were appalling and Abraham did very little with the long punts forward to him which is concerning considering that was our style of play last season.

Baker was part of a midfield that was completely walked through during most attacks. He certainly is not ready for PL football. He'll be facing far better players most weeks than he faced tonight against Germany's makeshift, almost second string U21 starting eleven tonight.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Lewis Baker on 19:35 - Aug 1 with 2808 viewsNirvana

An update on Baker and Rashica:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/sg/features/chelseas-young-midfielder-baker-set-sigh

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2723450-ranking-chelseas-far-east-squad-newco

http://www.albaniannews.com/index.php?idm=14454&mod=2

I haven't watched Chelsea's pre-season games, but the articles above are pretty high on Baker's chances of sticking around with the first team this season. Good luck to the guy, seems a class act.

As for Rashica, Milan has joined Napoli and Udinese in pursuing the young Kosovan. Vitesse seem to value him at €8m, "a totally affordable figure", to quote the Albanian News here. I agree, and I still don't understand why we aren't interested.

We've worked with the club before, the kid is quality and seems to be on the way out, and the move would help solve our winger issue. Namely, someone with pace that can cross the ball and make runs in behind. Rashica brings that, and is cheap. We can do this if we try.
Lewis Baker on 09:51 - Aug 2 with 2504 viewsAussieSwan

I like the look of him. He'll inevitably get sold in the next couple of years, like Ake, Chalobah, etc

Is he just a pure #10 or can he play wide, and/or deeper in midfield? If yes then I think he could be a good signing - loan with option to buy, perhaps?

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Lewis Baker on 10:16 - Aug 2 with 2426 viewsmagicdaps10

Lewis Baker on 09:51 - Aug 2 by AussieSwan

I like the look of him. He'll inevitably get sold in the next couple of years, like Ake, Chalobah, etc

Is he just a pure #10 or can he play wide, and/or deeper in midfield? If yes then I think he could be a good signing - loan with option to buy, perhaps?

We can only loan one player from Chelsea-ABRAHAM.

So a loan is not an option.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Lewis Baker on 11:28 - Aug 2 with 2303 viewsAussieSwan

Lewis Baker on 10:16 - Aug 2 by magicdaps10

We can only loan one player from Chelsea-ABRAHAM.

So a loan is not an option.

is that a Prem rule? That you can't sign more than one player on loan from another club in the League?

Explains why we weren't after Loftus Cheek

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Lewis Baker on 13:01 - Aug 2 with 2147 viewsKilkennyjack

Lewis Baker on 11:28 - Aug 2 by AussieSwan

is that a Prem rule? That you can't sign more than one player on loan from another club in the League?

Explains why we weren't after Loftus Cheek

Its probably news to big nose as well, to be fair.

Beware of the Risen People

Lewis Baker on 13:08 - Aug 2 with 2093 viewsUplandsJack

Lewis Baker on 09:51 - Aug 2 by AussieSwan

"He'll inevitably get sold in the next couple of years, like Ake, Chalobah, etc "

Nah by all accounts this kid's the real deal mate. He'll be staying longterm I reckon
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024