Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordan Pickford 10:16 - Jun 13 with 2328 viewshughesy2013

30 million for a keeper who has hardly played in the prem...transfers these days are going to wreck this beautiful game! If he's worth 30 how much de gea worth?
Jordan Pickford on 10:21 - Jun 13 with 2321 viewsDr_Winston

He's obviously a decent young talent. Not sure if he's as good as all that yet though.

It's not hard for goalkeepers to stand out in piss poor sides because of all the extra work that they have to do. Just look at the plaudits the deeply average David Marshall got when Cardiff had their one season in the sun.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jordan Pickford on 10:24 - Jun 13 with 2304 viewspikeypaul

Jordan Pickford on 10:21 - Jun 13 by Dr_Winston

He's obviously a decent young talent. Not sure if he's as good as all that yet though.

It's not hard for goalkeepers to stand out in piss poor sides because of all the extra work that they have to do. Just look at the plaudits the deeply average David Marshall got when Cardiff had their one season in the sun.

Exactly and within weeks of going to Hull he was getting splinters on the bench.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Jordan Pickford on 10:27 - Jun 13 with 2296 viewssP7qupUf

Massive howler against us for our first goal up there.
Jordan Pickford on 10:43 - Jun 13 with 2255 viewsmonmouth

Jordan Pickford on 10:21 - Jun 13 by Dr_Winston

Yes indeed. Plus press hype and a few highlight reel saves. Plus English.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Jordan Pickford on 11:09 - Jun 13 with 2198 viewsDr_Winston

Jordan Pickford on 10:43 - Jun 13 by monmouth

Yes indeed. Plus press hype and a few highlight reel saves. Plus English.

Kinda puts the mooted fees for Siggy in perspective mind.

We'd be absolute f*cking idiots to accept less than £35m. Preferably a lot more.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jordan Pickford on 11:25 - Jun 13 with 2161 viewsyescomeon

He'll get better with game time. De Gea was a shambling mess when he first arrived. Look at him now. If Pickford goes on to be their first choice for the next 10 years then its a great signing in today's market.

Upthecity!

Jordan Pickford on 11:30 - Jun 13 with 2147 viewswaynekerr55

Jordan Pickford on 11:25 - Jun 13 by yescomeon

He'll get better with game time. De Gea was a shambling mess when he first arrived. Look at him now. If Pickford goes on to be their first choice for the next 10 years then its a great signing in today's market.

De Gea was in Athletico's first team and had played La Liga and European football too

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Jordan Pickford on 11:34 - Jun 13 with 2135 viewsyescomeon

Jordan Pickford on 11:30 - Jun 13 by waynekerr55

De Gea was in Athletico's first team and had played La Liga and European football too

He was doing that at what 19 too? I'm not saying Pickford is better or anything like that. But if you have £30m to spend and you see a player available that can potentially shore up a key position for maybe 10 seasons or more and is home grown to boot then why not. I know it's a gamble but the reward is huge.

Upthecity!

Login to get fewer ads

Jordan Pickford on 11:41 - Jun 13 with 2119 viewswaynekerr55

Jordan Pickford on 11:34 - Jun 13 by yescomeon

He was doing that at what 19 too? I'm not saying Pickford is better or anything like that. But if you have £30m to spend and you see a player available that can potentially shore up a key position for maybe 10 seasons or more and is home grown to boot then why not. I know it's a gamble but the reward is huge.

18 I think.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Jordan Pickford on 12:51 - Jun 13 with 1978 viewsnantywatcher

great shot stopper - truly awful ball distribution
Jordan Pickford on 13:18 - Jun 13 with 1900 viewskarnataka

Jordan Pickford on 12:51 - Jun 13 by nantywatcher

You can coach ball distribution but good shot stopping is mostly instinctive so if you have that already built in you just need good coaches to help you sharpen up on positioning, when to stand and when to close down, etc. Pickford has the raw ingredients needed to become a top keeper. Doesn't mean he will but time will tell.
Jordan Pickford on 17:07 - Jun 13 with 1677 viewsswanforthemoney

made a lot of good saves for Sunderland. Playing for a better club, he'll have less to do and needs to cut out the errors. 30 mills is a lot to pay, possibly worth it if you have deep pockets. I'm not sure he quite massive enough to be a very top drawer keeper.
I think Jack Butland will turn out to be the higher regarded English keeper.

I stand in the North Stand

Jordan Pickford on 18:24 - Jun 13 with 1616 viewsLoyal

Jordan Pickford on 12:51 - Jun 13 by nantywatcher

You would have thought Jordan Pickford was a prime mover and distributor of the ball.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Jordan Pickford on 19:15 - Jun 13 with 1569 viewshobo

Jordan Pickford on 11:34 - Jun 13 by yescomeon

Pickford is 23, nowhere near 19! United signed De Gea when he was 20,
Jordan Pickford on 21:42 - Jun 13 with 1478 viewsCooperman

Jordan Pickford on 19:15 - Jun 13 by hobo

Pickford is 23, nowhere near 19! United signed De Gea when he was 20,

It's probably £15m up front with the rest to follow in performance based instalments.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024