Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roque Mesa 21:56 - Jun 26 with 108162 views34dfgdf54

A few news sources are reporting we are close to bringing Roque Mesa in from Las Palmas.

Not heard of him before, but from looking at videos and checking stats he looks like a Britton replacement. Second most completed passes in la liga last year, 14 x bookings so he puts it about a bit. From the videos he pretty much looks identical to Leon in terms of playing style.

I'm glad we are looking to strengthen this area, £9 mill apparently.
Roque Mesa on 10:23 - Jun 30 with 5847 viewsandypitt56

Roque Mesa on 18:52 - Jun 29 by max936

If that's the case, he'll stay at his existing Club either on Loan or with a deal done for January, stinks really that Atletico can get away with it, Barca had a Transfer Embargo and I don't think they did or could do any business whilst the embargo was inforce.

Barca signed arda turan whilst under the embargo, he just didnt play for them until the january window
Roque Mesa on 10:26 - Jun 30 with 5822 viewspencoedjack

Roque Mesa on 09:11 - Jun 30 by macthejack

When the Bournemouth bubble bursts it will go with an almighty bang.

Surely they've got to start expecting to flirt with the top 6/europe/winning a cup when spending that kind of money?

This ^
Roque Mesa on 10:33 - Jun 30 with 5780 viewsSwans_16

Roque Mesa on 10:23 - Jun 30 by andypitt56

Barca signed arda turan whilst under the embargo, he just didnt play for them until the january window

Mesa wouldn't want that though, he makes his ambitions clear. Getting into the Spanish World Cup Squad. He won't do that if he misses half of the season.

Either he gets that loan back option, which i'm sure they can't do because then they've signed him, he comes here or he decides to stay at Las Palmas.

Taking an age.
Roque Mesa on 11:33 - Jun 30 with 5564 viewsandypitt56

According to my spanish workcolleague he says the paper that reported this story AS writes stuff to sell papers. He also says if it is not reported by Marca, it is not likely to be true.
Roque Mesa on 11:39 - Jun 30 with 5534 viewsairedale

He needs to get his arse in gear then, 'cos pre-season starts on Monday.
Roque Mesa on 11:43 - Jun 30 with 5501 viewsjasper_T

Roque Mesa on 09:25 - Jun 30 by exiledinenglandjack

Surely financial FairPlay will be kicking in on them soon

Didn't they already get a slap on the wrist for this?
Roque Mesa on 11:47 - Jun 30 with 5461 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Don't those papers have either a pro Barca or Pro Madrid bias? Not sure which way round it is.
If news breaks in either, it's usually to promote their preferred club.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Roque Mesa on 12:44 - Jun 30 with 5161 viewsunion_jack

Roque Mesa on 11:43 - Jun 30 by jasper_T

Didn't they already get a slap on the wrist for this?

I hope they sink without trace.

There, I said it.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

Roque Mesa on 13:54 - Jun 30 with 4828 viewsexiledinenglandjack

From why I read Athletico are interested in signing Fabinho from Monaco, who plays as a deep lying playmaker also. Maybe the mesa deal was a smookescreen(hopefully!)
Roque Mesa on 14:48 - Jun 30 with 4545 viewsoldcob

Roque Mesa on 13:54 - Jun 30 by exiledinenglandjack

From why I read Athletico are interested in signing Fabinho from Monaco, who plays as a deep lying playmaker also. Maybe the mesa deal was a smookescreen(hopefully!)

Alternatively we could go in for Fabinho.
Roque Mesa on 17:02 - Jun 30 with 4083 viewsmax936

Roque Mesa on 10:23 - Jun 30 by andypitt56

Thanks I didn't know that.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Roque Mesa on 17:06 - Jun 30 with 4062 viewsPorthcawlswan

Yes in theory they could, but Mesa wants to play asap to ensure his chances of getting into the Spanish team are stronger
Roque Mesa on 18:04 - Jun 30 with 3873 viewsairedale

Just saw this article, which suggests that he's coming here. Also says he was a late starter.

http://www.umaxit.com/index.php/columns/roque-mesa-the-canarian-xavi
Roque Mesa on 18:36 - Jun 30 with 3714 viewsjack247

Roque Mesa on 17:06 - Jun 30 by Porthcawlswan

Yes in theory they could, but Mesa wants to play asap to ensure his chances of getting into the Spanish team are stronger

Unless he is an absolute revelation, he isn't going to get in the Spanish World Cup squad playing for us. Would probably stand more chance at Las Palmas then moving mid season.

Really got my fingers crossed on this one though, looks like a hell of a signing if we get him.
Roque Mesa on 18:41 - Jun 30 with 3678 viewsPorthcawlswan

Roque Mesa on 18:36 - Jun 30 by jack247

Unless he is an absolute revelation, he isn't going to get in the Spanish World Cup squad playing for us. Would probably stand more chance at Las Palmas then moving mid season.

Really got my fingers crossed on this one though, looks like a hell of a signing if we get him.

Spain's more liberal on squad choices than dinosaur like England. Michu is a good example
Roque Mesa on 18:46 - Jun 30 with 3656 viewsJango

Roque Mesa on 18:41 - Jun 30 by Porthcawlswan

Spain's more liberal on squad choices than dinosaur like England. Michu is a good example

Michu had a brilliant season and got a run out in a friendly the following year.
Roque Mesa on 18:47 - Jun 30 with 3647 viewsjack247

Roque Mesa on 18:41 - Jun 30 by Porthcawlswan

Michu was a revelation and he got one cap.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Mesa come here and force his way into their World Cup squad. He would have to be phenomenal to do it, but that would be perfect for us.

I just don't see him looking at us as a way to get to the World Cup.
Roque Mesa on 19:06 - Jun 30 with 3528 viewsHeadmaster

Mesa apparently followed the Swans on Twitter, but unfollowed before rumours about Atletico Madrid started.
Roque Mesa on 19:18 - Jun 30 with 3446 viewsPorthcawlswan

Roque Mesa on 18:46 - Jun 30 by Jango

Michu had a brilliant season and got a run out in a friendly the following year.

Ye but what's the difference if Mesa has a phenomenal season? It's all down to how he performs if he comes
Roque Mesa on 19:23 - Jun 30 with 3404 viewsjack247

Roque Mesa on 19:18 - Jun 30 by Porthcawlswan

Ye but what's the difference if Mesa has a phenomenal season? It's all down to how he performs if he comes

Of course it is, but your previous post alluded to him having a better chance of getting in the World Cup squad here. He would have a better chance with a phenomenal season at Las Palmas, or even half season in Madrid.
Roque Mesa on 19:26 - Jun 30 with 3382 viewsPorthcawlswan

Roque Mesa on 19:23 - Jun 30 by jack247

Of course it is, but your previous post alluded to him having a better chance of getting in the World Cup squad here. He would have a better chance with a phenomenal season at Las Palmas, or even half season in Madrid.

Na premier league is held in higher regards and personally o don't think half a season will do any player good, premier league is the stage for showcasing, just my view
Roque Mesa on 19:29 - Jun 30 with 3352 viewsjack247

Roque Mesa on 19:26 - Jun 30 by Porthcawlswan

Na premier league is held in higher regards and personally o don't think half a season will do any player good, premier league is the stage for showcasing, just my view

Agree to disagree on that. There are lots of reasons we would be an attractive option for him. I don't think the Spain World Cup squad is one of them.
Roque Mesa on 09:33 - Jul 1 with 2479 viewsmagicdaps10

Interesting to read that the player Athletico were rumoured to be thrown in on the deal, Alessio Cerci has been released from his contract with them.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Roque Mesa on 09:38 - Jul 1 with 2454 viewsSmellyplumz

Honestly if mesa doesn't want to come and test himself in the best league in the world then fk him.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Roque Mesa on 09:58 - Jul 1 with 2386 viewsandypitt56

There is nothing about athleti wanting him on marca so I'm going with he is signing for us. Just taken longer than anticipated
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024