Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bradley 15:56 - Jul 7 with 3533 viewspencoedjack

RIP young man

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-39883344
[Post edited 7 Jul 2017 15:57]
Bradley on 00:12 - Jul 10 with 540 viewsdobjack2

Bradley on 19:31 - Jul 8 by Jack123

Defoe is a lovely man.. Iv'e seen a few tweets about him being sports personality of the year, and I agree..

Defoe has shown real compassion in doing so much for a lad with a terminal illness and it reflects very well on him as a person.

As a lasting tribute I hope that following on from this story someone can set up a football based trust to enable other children with terminal illnesses to have some quality time and get members of this vastly overpaid profession at the top level to donate a small amount of their wages towards it.

I'm not slagging off all top level footballers as there are many that give something back to communities but don't necessarily shout it from the rooftops. However there are enough of them that could do with thinking about what they are doing with their priveledged lives and how much more they could do to help others.
Bradley on 00:21 - Jul 10 with 538 viewsTNT

Bradley on 00:12 - Jul 10 by dobjack2

Defoe has shown real compassion in doing so much for a lad with a terminal illness and it reflects very well on him as a person.

As a lasting tribute I hope that following on from this story someone can set up a football based trust to enable other children with terminal illnesses to have some quality time and get members of this vastly overpaid profession at the top level to donate a small amount of their wages towards it.

I'm not slagging off all top level footballers as there are many that give something back to communities but don't necessarily shout it from the rooftops. However there are enough of them that could do with thinking about what they are doing with their priveledged lives and how much more they could do to help others.

Now, if ever there was justification for a testimonial in this day and age...

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024