Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Siggy's replacement 21:11 - Aug 16 with 8447 viewsjasonbromham

There are only 3 players that I have been able to find that could fill the void but I think they are all out of our league

Morgan Sanson - Marseille
Emil Forsberg - RB Leipzig
Jose Callejon - Napoli
[Post edited 16 Aug 2017 21:35]
Siggy's replacement on 06:01 - Aug 17 with 1781 viewskeeptrundlingon

Honestly I think along with the number of different managers the amount we spent last season left us in a lot of trouble. The new TV deal kicking in meant everyone was spending a lot more and we spent less.

At this stage I have serious reservations about our chances for the season and the ambition of the board. Don't get me wrong I feel under clement we will have fight and organisation and avoid the drop but unless he gets some reinforcements that's about all we can expect.

We are in a situation now where our net spend for the season is probably -£43 million. I know that bargain buys (I'm thinking Mawson) are a possibility albeit a remote one but in general I think we should be having a net spend of at the very least £20 million a season. At this point for the right players I would like to see us splash around £63 million. I have no hope this will happen though unfortunately and any replacements have no time to settle in and gel on the field as the season has begun, which is very disappointing. We used to do our business early.
Siggy's replacement on 06:28 - Aug 17 with 1752 viewsSwansNZ

Siggy's replacement on 02:00 - Aug 17 by AussieSwan

Is Boudebouz still available?

No, but Marvin Emnes is still available.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Siggy's replacement on 06:37 - Aug 17 with 1743 viewsAngelRangelQS

Siggy's replacement on 23:28 - Aug 16 by E20Jack

But remember we dont need to replace 9 goals and 8 assists in one player. If as a result of Siggys departure it allows Carroll an extra 5 assists and 4 goals for example then thats half the job right there and with him on free kick and corner duty that is more than achievable. I am sure the likes of Ayew will also have more goals and assists as a result and that is without even touching upon his direct replacement.

Why is Ayew and Carroll suddenly going to start scoring more goals? Ludicrous. He may add some assists from set pieces, I grant you.

I like Ayew but he barely scored in the championship. Carroll doesn't really look like he's got more than about 2 goals a season in him, if that.

You also need to remember that Siggys contribution needs to be matched just for us to scrape survival.

Our fans are bonkers
Siggy's replacement on 09:06 - Aug 17 with 1635 viewsE20Jack

Siggy's replacement on 06:37 - Aug 17 by AngelRangelQS

Why is Ayew and Carroll suddenly going to start scoring more goals? Ludicrous. He may add some assists from set pieces, I grant you.

I like Ayew but he barely scored in the championship. Carroll doesn't really look like he's got more than about 2 goals a season in him, if that.

You also need to remember that Siggys contribution needs to be matched just for us to scrape survival.

Our fans are bonkers

This has been explained several times now. Nothing bonkers about it, you just don't understand, which is fine. I will explain again.

When we had Llorente and Siggy in our side we played a certain way to play to their strengths. We played for crosses, corners and free kicks. So the likes of Ayew and Carroll were never going to get the chance to score many. With a more flowing dynamic attack which we are clearly going for then we will be attacking in a multitude of ways, meaning the chances will be coming from more angles than just set pieces and crosses.

Siggy and Llorente didnt get all the goals because they were utterly amazing and dragging us to safety single handedly. They scored all the goals simply because we set up as a team that way.

Gylfis contribution will be more than matched by what we already have and will bring in I assure you. I will happily wager that our midfield collectively will score more goals and have more assists between them as a result of his departure and the resultant change of style that it allows... Yet not one single midfield player will score more or assist more than him. The burden will be shared.

We have had our worst ever years when Siggy has been in the side (think on that for a minute). Its no coincidence. Although he is a fantastic player, the whole side is blunted in order to play to that one players strengths (and of clurse the target man). He is a player a club like Swansea cannot afford to have. So while he may score the goals and get the assists, it means others that would have had the opportunity to do either in normal gameplay situations cannot because everything goes through him now.

An example of this would probably be Ronaldo at Madrid. When he moves on, do you honestly think they will need a player to replace him that will score 50 a season? Rubbish. The fact all the attacks go through him is why he scores 50 a season. Replace him with Isco and you will find they still score roughly the same amount as a normal season (possibly slightly less as it is Ronaldo we are talking about afterall), the difference being the goals are shared out as their attacks become more varied rather than looking for Ronaldo all the time. So if it is roughly the case for someone like Ronaldo and Madrid, it is absolutely the case for someone like Sigurdsson and Swansea.

I think the stats in Reals case is something like 20 goals less on average scored before his arrival as a team per season. Yet he scores 50 and assists 10+. So he contributes 60+ goals a season... Yet they only score 20 more per season than before he arrived. So when he leaves they wont need the incoming player to replace 60 goals a season, they will need him to replace about 20, with the rest coming from elsewhere in the team that wouldnt normally get the chance.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2017 9:34]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Siggy's replacement on 09:19 - Aug 17 with 1614 viewsmax936

Siggy's replacement on 01:33 - Aug 17 by E20Jack

Regretting it isn't the case. We had no real choice in the matter. The player refused to play for us and made it clear he wanted to leave. In this day and age there was only ever one outcome and decision to make, and that was getting the most money for him possible, which I think we probably have done.

People seem to be thinking he would stay forever if not sold. Every single player we have had, currently have and ever will have - will need replacing, so there can be no regrets on the inevitable. The trick to being able to continue progressing is allowing yourself the greatest chance to replace them with quality - and that is simply by securing the most money you can.

The spine of the side has needed strengthening for the last 3/4 yrs but the club has done nothing, thinking they can scrimp and save and get by which luckily they have for now and they're brought in Mesa for 11 mill, but he couldn't get on the pitch last Saturday, so it's a bit worrying as to where we go from here, but the club can't go on riding their luck, something is gonna have to give, down to Jenkins and the next level, l'm not holding my breath in anticipation that's for sure.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Siggy's replacement on 12:48 - Aug 17 with 1491 viewsAngelRangelQS

Siggy's replacement on 09:06 - Aug 17 by E20Jack

This has been explained several times now. Nothing bonkers about it, you just don't understand, which is fine. I will explain again.

When we had Llorente and Siggy in our side we played a certain way to play to their strengths. We played for crosses, corners and free kicks. So the likes of Ayew and Carroll were never going to get the chance to score many. With a more flowing dynamic attack which we are clearly going for then we will be attacking in a multitude of ways, meaning the chances will be coming from more angles than just set pieces and crosses.

Siggy and Llorente didnt get all the goals because they were utterly amazing and dragging us to safety single handedly. They scored all the goals simply because we set up as a team that way.

Gylfis contribution will be more than matched by what we already have and will bring in I assure you. I will happily wager that our midfield collectively will score more goals and have more assists between them as a result of his departure and the resultant change of style that it allows... Yet not one single midfield player will score more or assist more than him. The burden will be shared.

We have had our worst ever years when Siggy has been in the side (think on that for a minute). Its no coincidence. Although he is a fantastic player, the whole side is blunted in order to play to that one players strengths (and of clurse the target man). He is a player a club like Swansea cannot afford to have. So while he may score the goals and get the assists, it means others that would have had the opportunity to do either in normal gameplay situations cannot because everything goes through him now.

An example of this would probably be Ronaldo at Madrid. When he moves on, do you honestly think they will need a player to replace him that will score 50 a season? Rubbish. The fact all the attacks go through him is why he scores 50 a season. Replace him with Isco and you will find they still score roughly the same amount as a normal season (possibly slightly less as it is Ronaldo we are talking about afterall), the difference being the goals are shared out as their attacks become more varied rather than looking for Ronaldo all the time. So if it is roughly the case for someone like Ronaldo and Madrid, it is absolutely the case for someone like Sigurdsson and Swansea.

I think the stats in Reals case is something like 20 goals less on average scored before his arrival as a team per season. Yet he scores 50 and assists 10+. So he contributes 60+ goals a season... Yet they only score 20 more per season than before he arrived. So when he leaves they wont need the incoming player to replace 60 goals a season, they will need him to replace about 20, with the rest coming from elsewhere in the team that wouldnt normally get the chance.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2017 9:34]

Like most of your posts I didn't bother reading all of it but the only reason we starting playing for set pieces and crosses was because we were sh*t playing any other way.

Crack on though
Siggy's replacement on 13:05 - Aug 17 with 1472 viewsFlashberryjack

Siggy's replacement on 23:07 - Aug 16 by jasonbromham

Looking at the downvotes I received some people clearly don't know their football.

Suppose that's one way to look at it.......the could be

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Siggy's replacement on 13:13 - Aug 17 with 1449 viewsmagicdaps10

If we are looking to spend 20-25m on Chadli then I would prefer we went for someone like Hakim Ziyech and bring in someone like Sam Larsson or Mimoun Mahi.

Ziyech is a quality player exactly in the Siggy mould, I also feel we need to look at a young, raw and hungry player who is capable of exploding on the premier league......an unknown quantity as such, Larsson and Mahi are exactly in that category.

We have a wad to play with so leys get the combination right. I would also look at getting a good centre half in and a Right back.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

Siggy's replacement on 13:19 - Aug 17 with 1433 viewsE20Jack

Siggy's replacement on 12:48 - Aug 17 by AngelRangelQS

Like most of your posts I didn't bother reading all of it but the only reason we starting playing for set pieces and crosses was because we were sh*t playing any other way.

Crack on though

Well then dont complain that you don't understand.

You asked a question and it has been answered and explained to you comprehensively.

You can take a horse to water...
[Post edited 17 Aug 2017 13:21]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Siggy's replacement on 21:35 - Aug 18 with 1272 viewsjasonbromham

Currently watching the Bayern Munich Bayern Leverkusen game. Very impressed with young Julian Brandt only 21 years of age. Decided to delve a bit deeper into his stats for last season:

16/17

32 league starts
3 Goals
11 Assists

Very impressive return for such a young man. Definitely worth a look.
Siggy's replacement on 22:31 - Aug 18 with 1217 viewsKerouac

Siggy's replacement on 21:35 - Aug 18 by jasonbromham

Currently watching the Bayern Munich Bayern Leverkusen game. Very impressed with young Julian Brandt only 21 years of age. Decided to delve a bit deeper into his stats for last season:

16/17

32 league starts
3 Goals
11 Assists

Very impressive return for such a young man. Definitely worth a look.

Very good player.
Out of our league though I reckon.

10 caps for Germany already, he is a youngster that will end up at Bayern I reckon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Siggy's replacement on 09:02 - Aug 19 with 1109 viewsjasonbromham

Siggy's replacement on 22:31 - Aug 18 by Kerouac

Very good player.
Out of our league though I reckon.

10 caps for Germany already, he is a youngster that will end up at Bayern I reckon.

No harm in enquiring though, hard to believe he was bought for just 315k haha!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024