Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Since we turned Marcelino down.... 08:45 - Nov 24 with 10459 viewsConcerned_Parent

He's taken over at Valencia and now has them in 2nd place after 12 games played, 6 points above Real Madrid and Atletico. They've scored 32 goals in the league--only Barcelona has more with 33.

Last season they finished 12th. Since he's come in he's turned them into an absolutely world class side, and it's not like they spent that much money in the summer either (net spend of just -20m). I watched the game they played against Sevilla last month where they won 4-0 and I could hardly believe my eyes. The football he's got them playing is some of the best I've ever seen, up there with the likes of PSG, Napoli, Man City, and Barca. It was as positive, free flowing, and aesthetically pleasing as it gets.

Is any of this surprising? Not in the least bit. If you're not familiar with his achievements, before he took the Valencia job over the summer he was at Villarreal where he got them promoted and then led them to 3 consecutive top 6 finishes, including one 4th place finish and semi-finals in the 2016 Europa League. And he did this all on a shoestring budget.

How we fvcking turned him down in favour of Bob Bradley has to be one of the biggest disgraces in football history. Imagine taking a complete unqualified assclown over one of the best young managers in the game today. Marcelino would have literally been a perfect fit for us.

I seriously have a hard time wondering what was worse: the fact that we turned down Ronald Koeman for Garry Monk or the fact that we turned down Marcelino for Bob Bradley. Nevertheless, both of these decisions make me want to vomit, and both of these decisions are but a microcosm for how poorly run our football club is and how mindless and dimwitted our leadership is. Make no mistake--when you look at how idiotically those at the helm have acted over the last few years, we're in the same group as Sunderland, Blackburn, and Coventry as far as I'm concerned. Miracles only happen so many times, and eventually Jenkins will no longer be able to fluke his way out of danger. Sadly it looks as though this will be the year, due in no small part to our managerial decisions.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2017 8:51]
Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 19:04 - Nov 27 with 1061 viewsbluenile

"And so, the rejects set to work. Along with bringing in players he promised he would return to the 'top of their game', Marcelino recruited his secret weapon, a nutritionist and a former player he met at Sporting Gijon, Jonathan Ondina.

Marcelino loves to play a quick and direct game centred around numerical supremacy and the idea of overwhelming the opponent based on the speed of their transitions. Exhausting stuff that is less exhausting when you are feeding your body the required nutrients.

Dining together often, the players are subjected to strict workouts while their blood is analysed and weight is checked frequently. According to Valencian papers, there are behavioural rules to abide by.

Marcelino demands that every player addresses each member of staff with the utmost respect, irrespective of what job they hold.

Yet despite all the rules and the severity of training, there exists a lot of love and respect within the group, creating a unit eager to surpass expectations. "

And we turned the fecker down???????????????????

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 00:55 - Nov 28 with 1023 viewsConcerned_Parent

Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 19:00 - Nov 27 by bluenile

With Lim's trust, Marcelino changed the attitude of the club, something that could only be achieved with a transformation of the squad. Out went 14 players deemed incapable of adding value to the side and in came only those who were desperate to prove themselves. No player was purchased unless they had Marcelino's seal of approval.

That last sentence is extremely telling......................Bigconk take note!

spot on
Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 00:59 - Nov 28 with 1022 viewsWarwickHunt

Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 19:04 - Nov 27 by bluenile

"And so, the rejects set to work. Along with bringing in players he promised he would return to the 'top of their game', Marcelino recruited his secret weapon, a nutritionist and a former player he met at Sporting Gijon, Jonathan Ondina.

Marcelino loves to play a quick and direct game centred around numerical supremacy and the idea of overwhelming the opponent based on the speed of their transitions. Exhausting stuff that is less exhausting when you are feeding your body the required nutrients.

Dining together often, the players are subjected to strict workouts while their blood is analysed and weight is checked frequently. According to Valencian papers, there are behavioural rules to abide by.

Marcelino demands that every player addresses each member of staff with the utmost respect, irrespective of what job they hold.

Yet despite all the rules and the severity of training, there exists a lot of love and respect within the group, creating a unit eager to surpass expectations. "

And we turned the fecker down???????????????????

He was shit on five yard instep passes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024