Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea's Renato Sanches has the yips, says Paul Merson 13:19 - Nov 30 with 4429 viewslabrax

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15205/11150141/swanseas-renato-sanches-ha

Codfish

Swansea's Renato Sanches has the yips, says Paul Merson on 13:33 - Nov 30 with 4379 viewsPawelAbbott

Isn't this one of the reason why clubs have sports psychologists?
I think Clement turned down the option of hiring one. It was mentioned not long after he joined.
I can't remember where though
Swansea's Renato Sanches has the yips, says Paul Merson on 13:35 - Nov 30 with 4367 viewsjack2jack

Didn't know he played golf, whats his excuse for being sh!te on the football pitch
Swansea's Renato Sanches has the yips, says Paul Merson on 14:43 - Nov 30 with 4232 viewsHighjack

Swansea's Renato Sanches has the yips, says Paul Merson on 13:33 - Nov 30 by PawelAbbott

Isn't this one of the reason why clubs have sports psychologists?
I think Clement turned down the option of hiring one. It was mentioned not long after he joined.
I can't remember where though

We did have one. He's working for the Wales set up now.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Swansea's Renato Sanches has the yips, says Paul Merson on 14:48 - Nov 30 with 4214 viewsoldcob

He needs some games for U-23s or U-21s to get his confidence back. Where he can measure himself against players of his own age.
Swansea's Renato Sanches has the yips, says Paul Merson on 15:15 - Nov 30 with 4165 viewslabrax

Swansea's Renato Sanches has the yips, says Paul Merson on 14:48 - Nov 30 by oldcob

He needs some games for U-23s or U-21s to get his confidence back. Where he can measure himself against players of his own age.

Good idea!

PC should not feature him at present but instead focus on building his confidence in a different playing environment.

Codfish

Swansea's Renato Sanches has the yips, says Paul Merson on 15:30 - Nov 30 with 4122 viewsfbreath

Swansea's Renato Sanches has the yips, says Paul Merson on 14:48 - Nov 30 by oldcob

At least there won't be any Carabao signs to pass to
[Post edited 30 Nov 2017 15:35]

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Swansea's Renato Sanches has the yips, says Paul Merson on 15:33 - Nov 30 with 4114 viewsswanforthemoney

I wonder if Merson had the yips, you know, raising the glass to his mouth, but not managing to sip.

I stand in the North Stand

Swansea's Renato Sanches has the yips, says Paul Merson on 15:57 - Nov 30 with 4060 viewsoldcob

Swansea's Renato Sanches has the yips, says Paul Merson on 15:33 - Nov 30 by swanforthemoney

I wonder if Merson had the yips, you know, raising the glass to his mouth, but not managing to sip.

From what I heard Merson had no problems sipping. I think he has a point though.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea's Renato Sanches has the yips, says Paul Merson on 18:18 - Nov 30 with 3803 viewsmax936

Exfukingactly, get him back enjoying his football and his confidence will grow [hopefully] then bring him back in, Clement is destroying the boy at the moment.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea's Renato Sanches has the yips, says Paul Merson on 18:21 - Nov 30 with 3788 views34dfgdf54

Clement’s comment in his press conference makes me laugh. There’s no pressure to play Renato, it’s on merit
Swansea's Renato Sanches has the yips, says Paul Merson on 18:38 - Nov 30 with 3726 viewsGaryjack

Swansea's Renato Sanches has the yips, says Paul Merson on 18:18 - Nov 30 by max936

Exfukingactly, get him back enjoying his football and his confidence will grow [hopefully] then bring him back in, Clement is destroying the boy at the moment.

I'm sorry Max but i just cannot see what finding himself playing in the under 21's or 23's at Swansea City is going to do for Sanches confidence. It's up to the manager to help him with any confidence issues he may have within the first team environment. He is not part of our development, and we haven't paid a £7.5m loan fee for him to take the place of someone who is. Personally, i'd give him until the end of January and if he doesn't improve then i'd send him back early.
Swansea's Renato Sanches has the yips, says Paul Merson on 18:58 - Nov 30 with 3655 viewsjasper_T

He's not good enough to play for our u23s on this season's form.
Swansea's Renato Sanches has the yips, says Paul Merson on 19:00 - Nov 30 with 3643 viewsjasper_T

He played against Wales u21s just before he came here and was poor that night as well.

Think we had Rodon, James, two Evans's playing. David Brooks came on in the second half and changed the game.
Swansea's Renato Sanches has the yips, says Paul Merson on 19:17 - Nov 30 with 3579 viewsE20Jack

Merson said: "He's shot a bolt. He's gone as a footballer at the moment. His confidence is shot.

"At Bayern Munich he was one of the best young players in the world, you don't go to Bayern if you're not good - in the Euros he was outstanding.

"It just shows you it doesn't matter who you are, how much money you get, when your confidence goes, that is it. Footballers are only human. It's hard to get that confidence back.

"It's unbelievable how badly he's struggling. It's exactly like getting 'dartitis' or when you get the 'yips' in golf or snooker. He's making mistakes that you wouldn't expect a kid to do."

Don't often agree with Merson but he is spot on in my opinion. This is a psychological issue not an ability one.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Swansea's Renato Sanches has the yips, says Paul Merson on 21:37 - Nov 30 with 3288 viewsPentyrchJack

I agree - PC should not single him out for criticism as they are all crap. Thought he played better against Bournemouth in second half as attacking midfielder - then PC took him off. What a surprise.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Swansea's Renato Sanches has the yips, says Paul Merson on 22:25 - Nov 30 with 3214 views34dfgdf54

Swansea's Renato Sanches has the yips, says Paul Merson on 19:00 - Nov 30 by jasper_T

He played against Wales u21s just before he came here and was poor that night as well.

Think we had Rodon, James, two Evans's playing. David Brooks came on in the second half and changed the game.

I was in Lyon for the Euro Semi Final against Portugal and he took Joey Allen to school that night. Something, somewhere went terribly wrong for him to go from that, to how he is now.

I honestly feel sorry for him, I know people will say “f*ck him he’s paid thousands”, I don’t care, he must be in a dark place right now. I really hope he finds away to stop the slide but I’m struggling to see it happening here, the premier league is ruthless, he’s getting exposed big time and it’s just making things worst.
Swansea's Renato Sanches has the yips, says Paul Merson on 22:36 - Nov 30 with 3185 viewsBobby_Fischer

Swansea's Renato Sanches has the yips, says Paul Merson on 22:25 - Nov 30 by 34dfgdf54

I was in Lyon for the Euro Semi Final against Portugal and he took Joey Allen to school that night. Something, somewhere went terribly wrong for him to go from that, to how he is now.

I honestly feel sorry for him, I know people will say “f*ck him he’s paid thousands”, I don’t care, he must be in a dark place right now. I really hope he finds away to stop the slide but I’m struggling to see it happening here, the premier league is ruthless, he’s getting exposed big time and it’s just making things worst.

Reminds me of Van Gerwen from the darts, he won the BDO World Masters when he was 18 then moved to the PDC and was absolute gash for years - then all of a sudden something clicked!

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Swansea's Renato Sanches has the yips, says Paul Merson on 22:39 - Nov 30 with 3179 viewsLeonWasGod

Swansea's Renato Sanches has the yips, says Paul Merson on 22:25 - Nov 30 by 34dfgdf54

Agree with 2nd paragraph. I hope the crowd doesn't get on his back next time he's in the team. The way 'we' treated Carroll (and to a lesser extent Clucas) recently was disgusting. They're still our players and if we're going through a rough spell they need support not grief.
Swansea's Renato Sanches has the yips, says Paul Merson on 07:21 - Dec 1 with 2990 viewsPawelAbbott

From the pass he did to the advertising hoarding, you do wonder if he needs an eye test. Seriously!
Is it part of the clubs regular checks on players?
It looked like he looked up and saw a blur of red and thought that was a team mate. If his eye sight is bad then that might be all he can see of other players.
It didn't look like nerves but that he can't see very well
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024