Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Sockless One 16:52 - Dec 30 with 4812 viewsJonTheJack

Well done, kiddo.

Led from the front by example with clever, clever play. Bravo.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2017 16:54]
The Sockless One on 17:51 - Dec 30 with 1047 viewsthornabyswan

The Sockless One on 17:47 - Dec 30 by jack247

He looks superb for them, but it’s nowhere near Premier League standard.

No I get that but his record with under 23s and Newport shows he knows where the goal is.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Sockless One on 17:52 - Dec 30 with 1034 viewsjack247

The Sockless One on 17:51 - Dec 30 by thornabyswan

No I get that but his record with under 23s and Newport shows he knows where the goal is.

He didn’t play like a finisher today though, not sure if he had any real chances. He played the physical, hold up role exceptionally.
The Sockless One on 17:55 - Dec 30 with 1031 viewsTom1912

The Sockless One on 17:39 - Dec 30 by longlostjack

Add to that the fact that Tammy seems to have had a bit of a spoilt teenager attitude these last couple of weeks. Needed a kick up the bum. Well done Ollie lad.

I think the thing is, he's probably gone his life being the best player at every level he's played at, including the Championship. Now he's in the PL, he's having to learn a few things about how to play at the top level and things aren't coming as easily to him. It's great for Chelsea, because if he's going to be a top player he needs to learn these things and he's doing so on our time but it's not great for our situation.
The Sockless One on 17:57 - Dec 30 with 1016 viewsNeath_Jack

The Sockless One on 17:55 - Dec 30 by Tom1912

I think the thing is, he's probably gone his life being the best player at every level he's played at, including the Championship. Now he's in the PL, he's having to learn a few things about how to play at the top level and things aren't coming as easily to him. It's great for Chelsea, because if he's going to be a top player he needs to learn these things and he's doing so on our time but it's not great for our situation.

Very good post.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The Sockless One on 17:58 - Dec 30 with 1013 viewsBloodyhills

He did well today fair play but I don't think he is a prem player.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

The Sockless One on 18:02 - Dec 30 with 996 viewsjasper_T

The Sockless One on 17:33 - Dec 30 by jack247

I still think Tammy and Wilf if we are going to go with a front two. What McBurnie did really well (excluding the excellent header for the Ayew goal) was hold up and link play. Bony can do all that as well as anyone. Think Tammy is a better partner for him.

Without Bony, there’s probably a decent argument for at least giving him a go. Tammy isn’t suited to leading the line on his own.

Tammy and Wilf have been an appalling front two for us when we've tried it.
The Sockless One on 18:09 - Dec 30 with 964 viewsjack247

The Sockless One on 18:02 - Dec 30 by jasper_T

Tammy and Wilf have been an appalling front two for us when we've tried it.

We’ve tried it twice, maybe 3 times? While Bony wasn’t match fit
The Sockless One on 18:10 - Dec 30 with 961 viewsDarran

The Sockless One on 18:09 - Dec 30 by jack247

We’ve tried it twice, maybe 3 times? While Bony wasn’t match fit

Were they appalling in those games?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

The Sockless One on 18:12 - Dec 30 with 958 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Sockless One on 17:02 - Dec 30 by JonTheJack

Disagree with you at the moment.

He may well go on to score more goals; because he will have better players around him.

Oli has shown he has far more to his game comparing the size of the two lads.

Tammy's refusal to challenge for high balls is criminal.

Very well done Ollie. His best performance for the Swans. Long my it continue.
As regards Tammy.....Many on here could see from the start that Tammy was not the type of player that would compliment our style of play
We needed a hold up player and Tammy, despite his height, is a goal poacher who will pounce upon loose balls in the box. Just look at his Bristol City goals. Almost all with his feet
Problem is we create very few of those situations.
He needs to be competing for the same type of role as Ayew.. A wide player and creator. A hold up player he is not which emphasises Clement's claim of an imbalanced squad.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Sockless One on 18:14 - Dec 30 with 947 viewsjack247

The Sockless One on 18:10 - Dec 30 by Darran

Were they appalling in those games?

No, but they clearly hadn’t forged an understanding and one of them wasn’t fit.
The Sockless One on 18:16 - Dec 30 with 930 viewsjasper_T

The Sockless One on 18:14 - Dec 30 by jack247

No, but they clearly hadn’t forged an understanding and one of them wasn’t fit.

The not fit one was by far the better of the pairing. Tammy went missing.
The Sockless One on 18:21 - Dec 30 with 904 viewsjack247

The Sockless One on 18:16 - Dec 30 by jasper_T

The not fit one was by far the better of the pairing. Tammy went missing.

Yes I know, but you know it’s impossible to judge a strike partnership on two games.

If we had to play one up front or start one alongside Ayew, there’s a case for McBurnie. I don’t see much mileage in playing him with Bony unless he plays a more predatory role. I know he can do it for the U23s, I’ve seen nothing to even suggest he can at PL level. Tammy has shown glimpses of that, though granted he has been off the boil a while. Looks very much a striker who would benefit from someone else doing most of the physical stuff.
The Sockless One on 18:31 - Dec 30 with 888 viewsSwanski

Deserves the plaudits today.
He has been very good in the under 23s and was gutted for him when loan to Barnsley fell through as it would have benefited his personal development. He needed to challenge himself at a higher level to see if he could step up. Coming on for the last 5 mins here and there proves nothing likewise banging in goals for fun in the 23s
Good on the lad for keeping his head up. He obviously has a good work ethic to be knocking on the door for the last few seasons and getting limited game time. Plenty of players would be sulking.
It will give him confidence. How far it takes him is anyones guess but least he has an opportunity and made a good go of it. Fingers crossed he continues his development and helps The Swansea cause in years to come.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024