Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How can the yanks ? 14:21 - May 10 with 3419 viewswestside

Find money to sign Rooney at DC United but couldn't find the money for a decent squad to keep the swans in the premier league ?
How can the yanks ? on 15:39 - May 10 with 894 viewsswan65split

Can someone with the Knowledge/know how do a check, i am not sure if I saw a report on ceefax that the money was being supplied by 3 clubs!!!!i found that strange, and hope we are not one of them if thats the case.
How can the yanks ? on 15:41 - May 10 with 892 viewsjasper_T

How can the yanks ? on 15:20 - May 10 by Jonathans_coat

But is wasn’t THIER investment!!! It was the clubs money!

Does anybody in Swansea still believe there has been any actual “investment” in the squad by the Americans? Seriously?!?

BTW - I agree we should not be overspending, but this was the sole reason HJ gave for selling the club. To allow us to have rich owners who could lend us money and bail us out of trouble if we in danger of relegation!

What is the club's money supposed to be spent on if not players?
How can the yanks ? on 15:43 - May 10 with 881 viewsAmbergambler

How can the yanks ? on 14:38 - May 10 by LeonWasGod

A more important question should be how can the yanks be so bad at running sports businesses? DC United bottom of the standings so far, again. Everything these guys touch turns to 💩

This is what has always puzzled me. They are wealthy investors who don't give a monkeys about football so why invest in a club and see it fail so badly.

Where's the profit in that, because that's all they're interested in.

I haven't got a clue about financial matters or investments so perhaps someone can explain how they are going to provide the profits the group of investors will be expecting.

What a cock-up!
How can the yanks ? on 16:08 - May 10 with 841 viewsjackal

How can the yanks ? on 14:27 - May 10 by blackjackwood

Money was spent . . . but sooo badly !!
Bony (couldn't get into Man City or Stoke teams and knackered )
Sanchez ( blamed but too good for the players around him )
Roque Mesa ( not given credit and time )
Borja
Andre Ayew ( striker with 0 goals )

Don't forget turning down Joey at £13 mill and buying Clucas for £17 mill.
How can the yanks ? on 16:12 - May 10 with 834 viewsmax936

How can the yanks ? on 14:27 - May 10 by blackjackwood

Money was spent . . . but sooo badly !!
Bony (couldn't get into Man City or Stoke teams and knackered )
Sanchez ( blamed but too good for the players around him )
Roque Mesa ( not given credit and time )
Borja
Andre Ayew ( striker with 0 goals )

Mostly agree with all that except the Sanchez bit.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

How can the yanks ? on 16:25 - May 10 with 821 viewsJonathans_coat

How can the yanks ? on 15:43 - May 10 by Ambergambler

This is what has always puzzled me. They are wealthy investors who don't give a monkeys about football so why invest in a club and see it fail so badly.

Where's the profit in that, because that's all they're interested in.

I haven't got a clue about financial matters or investments so perhaps someone can explain how they are going to provide the profits the group of investors will be expecting.

What a cock-up!

I think they have learned that they don’t need to have sporting success to make a profit.
How can the yanks ? on 16:32 - May 10 with 810 viewsJonathans_coat

How can the yanks ? on 15:41 - May 10 by jasper_T

What is the club's money supposed to be spent on if not players?

I was attempting to answer the OP, which seems to equivalise DC utd’s Money with SCFC’s. I was merely pointing out that they are not related, as they are separate businesses. The yank owners have not put any of thier own money into either, they just use the operating profits generated by each individual business, by player sales, ticket sales ect.
How can the yanks ? on 16:43 - May 10 with 800 viewsswan65split

How can the yanks ? on 15:39 - May 10 by swan65split

Can someone with the Knowledge/know how do a check, i am not sure if I saw a report on ceefax that the money was being supplied by 3 clubs!!!!i found that strange, and hope we are not one of them if thats the case.

ah found it........... https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6250654/wayne-rooney-dc-united-contract/
Login to get fewer ads

How can the yanks ? on 17:05 - May 10 with 780 viewsAmbergambler

How can the yanks ? on 16:43 - May 10 by swan65split

ah found it........... https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6250654/wayne-rooney-dc-united-contract/

I read that his £300,000 a week wages are to be paid from money from 3 clubs - does this mean we are 1 of them?

Other premier league clubs want him so let's hope it doesn't happen.
How can the yanks ? on 17:14 - May 10 with 766 viewsjasper_T

How can the yanks ? on 17:05 - May 10 by Ambergambler

I read that his £300,000 a week wages are to be paid from money from 3 clubs - does this mean we are 1 of them?

The hedge fund that owns DC United is not the same hedge fund that owns Swansea City. If Levein and Kaplan started using money from one company to fund another they'd have a lot of angry shareholders on their hands. The football clubs aren't their private, interchangeable piggy banks.
How can the yanks ? on 18:28 - May 10 with 735 viewstheloneranger

How can the yanks ? on 14:47 - May 10 by City1983

Rooney to DC United? Think no further than your good selves who have forked out to get Him to the States on, no doubt, huge money. And the Yanks will be using the Swansea money that you have given to them, as well as Asset Stripping the Soul out of the Club, to use as investment of the bigger prize- that is the Financing of DC United.

Swansea have paid the ultimate price for allowing these Vultures anywhere near your club.

It will take a long long time to get out of the Championship with this Board. Keep the Faith. Get them out, get a Board that will invest in the Team and start again. Don't be afraid to take a step back to be able to go forward.

Good luck next season as a Championship club.

£25M deal

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

How can the yanks ? on 18:35 - May 10 with 728 viewstheloneranger

How can the yanks ? on 17:05 - May 10 by Ambergambler

Manchester United, Everton and DC United

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024