Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) 11:05 - Jul 23 with 6409 viewsomarjack

For a fee of around 350 k. Surely it's not official yet but it's a probability like the Bersant Celina thing.

Well..why would we consider going for him having Roberts and Naughton? Surely James is not an upgrade. It is unfathomable to me that Naughton will be leaving..So what's going on?

Why in the name of f*ck are we going after a mid table League Two RB?

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 11:10 - Jul 23 with 4918 viewsSwan91

I wonder if we will sell Fede Fernandez and have VDH, Amat, Mawson as the main CB's and then if go 3 at the back... have Naughton used as back up CB or 3rd CB in the back.

I don't like the idea... but I can imagine the club doing that to save money. and have Tom James as second choice RB behind Roberts.
Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 11:12 - Jul 23 with 4894 viewsmonmouth

We’re building for the future....?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 11:16 - Jul 23 with 4866 viewsomarjack

Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 11:10 - Jul 23 by Swan91

I wonder if we will sell Fede Fernandez and have VDH, Amat, Mawson as the main CB's and then if go 3 at the back... have Naughton used as back up CB or 3rd CB in the back.

I don't like the idea... but I can imagine the club doing that to save money. and have Tom James as second choice RB behind Roberts.

Oh I see..

---------------------------------------Nordfeldt--------------------------------

--------new CB/Naughton--------Van der Hoorn/Rodon-------Amat---------------

----Roberts/James----------------------------------------------Olsson/Jordi---

Well..it's possible

Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 11:18 - Jul 23 with 4856 viewsSwanseaisgreat

Is he the ex-Cardiff player?
Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 11:18 - Jul 23 with 4851 viewsomarjack

Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 11:18 - Jul 23 by Swanseaisgreat

Yes.

Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 11:20 - Jul 23 with 4838 viewsjasper_T

Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 11:18 - Jul 23 by Swanseaisgreat

Yes.

Worse than Roberts in a slightly better Yeovil side. Can't see the point but that doesn't mean much for our transfer policy.
Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 11:23 - Jul 23 with 4805 viewsmagicdaps10

I would guess that Roberts could be the first choice Right back/wing back and this lad will come in as his back up.
I would hope Naughton will move on, if he stays then i could see him being used as one of the three centre halves.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 11:25 - Jul 23 with 4787 viewsAl_Bundy

Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 11:16 - Jul 23 by omarjack

Oh I see..

---------------------------------------Nordfeldt--------------------------------

--------new CB/Naughton--------Van der Hoorn/Rodon-------Amat---------------

----Roberts/James----------------------------------------------Olsson/Jordi---

Well..it's possible

I think if we are pinning our hopes on Rodon we are going to be in for a shock very soon.
Login to get fewer ads

Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 11:29 - Jul 23 with 4736 viewsomarjack

Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 11:25 - Jul 23 by Al_Bundy

I think if we are pinning our hopes on Rodon we are going to be in for a shock very soon.

lol f*cking obviously.

But you know, Now that we're in the Championship, You can't really expect us to have a "quality" 4th choice CB on the books.

That's how it is for most of Championship clubs. Having useless academy players as extra covers for the squad hoping they'll never have to use them on an actual football field.

Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 11:29 - Jul 23 with 4736 viewsjasper_T

We're not "pinning our hopes" on a player by using him as second reserve for his position.

This is the Championship, we can't afford a 30 man squad of experienced players for every contingency. Young players with serious question marks are going to be used as squad fillers.
Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 11:36 - Jul 23 with 4662 viewsLegend83

I won't reveal my sources but I am aware we have enquired about loaning Cameron Carter-Vickers from Spurs.
Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 11:39 - Jul 23 with 4641 viewsjasper_T

Harries and Rodon have taken some stick after the Magdeburg game, and it's a little unfair. Potter's setup did them no favours as they had an out of position shithouse midfielder at left-back, and no protection in front for much of the game, with Routledge and a headless chicken in midfield. They were having to engage really high against pace, and neither of them are quick (especially Harries).

Alongside an experienced partner, and with a proper screen in midfield, they'd both look far more comfortable. Even so we kept a clean sheet, and Harries looks a world beater if you only watch the carefully edited highlights.
Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 11:47 - Jul 23 with 4566 viewsmagicdaps10

Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 11:39 - Jul 23 by jasper_T

Harries and Rodon have taken some stick after the Magdeburg game, and it's a little unfair. Potter's setup did them no favours as they had an out of position shithouse midfielder at left-back, and no protection in front for much of the game, with Routledge and a headless chicken in midfield. They were having to engage really high against pace, and neither of them are quick (especially Harries).

Alongside an experienced partner, and with a proper screen in midfield, they'd both look far more comfortable. Even so we kept a clean sheet, and Harries looks a world beater if you only watch the carefully edited highlights.

We want to get back to basics but one thing we done in our early years of the ride, we played the same formation from first team to under ages. We now seem to be playing a different system in the first team and the rest of the groups are not following....asking youngsters like Rodon and Harries to step up and do so in a different system, foreign to what they have been asked to play in the tier/s below is surely asking for trouble!?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 12:02 - Jul 23 with 4456 viewsWhiterockin

Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 11:47 - Jul 23 by magicdaps10

We want to get back to basics but one thing we done in our early years of the ride, we played the same formation from first team to under ages. We now seem to be playing a different system in the first team and the rest of the groups are not following....asking youngsters like Rodon and Harries to step up and do so in a different system, foreign to what they have been asked to play in the tier/s below is surely asking for trouble!?

This probably comes from changing manager who want to implement their style of play. Previously we had a style of play and hired managers to fit the system. Then along came Monk.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 12:19 - Jul 23 with 4338 viewsKerouac

I'll be honest, I don't understand this (potential) signing.

However, if he joins I will keep an open mind and support the lad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 12:20 - Jul 23 with 4333 viewsAl_Bundy

Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 11:29 - Jul 23 by jasper_T

We're not "pinning our hopes" on a player by using him as second reserve for his position.

This is the Championship, we can't afford a 30 man squad of experienced players for every contingency. Young players with serious question marks are going to be used as squad fillers.

Bartley - Gone
VHD - Probably staying
Mawson - Injured and will be gone
Fernandes - Will be gone or loaned out
Amat - Will be gone

That makes Rodon quite exposed unless we get someone in don't you think?
Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 12:47 - Jul 23 with 4220 views34dfgdf54

Never seen him play, but various match reports said he was impressive against us in the friendly.

Potter may have liked the look of him.
Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 12:52 - Jul 23 with 4182 viewsTom1912

Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 12:20 - Jul 23 by Al_Bundy

Bartley - Gone
VHD - Probably staying
Amat - Will be gone

Amat is looking like he'll stay at this point and I don't think is going to meet our valuation of Mawson without him having played since surgery. So he may well stay too. Fernandez may go if a PL club make an offer but there hasn't been much activity so far.

And if we sell Mawson/Fernandez, we will sign another CB anyway.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2018 12:52]
Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 13:05 - Jul 23 with 4095 viewsAngelRangelQS

Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 12:52 - Jul 23 by Tom1912

Amat is looking like he'll stay at this point and I don't think is going to meet our valuation of Mawson without him having played since surgery. So he may well stay too. Fernandez may go if a PL club make an offer but there hasn't been much activity so far.

And if we sell Mawson/Fernandez, we will sign another CB anyway.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2018 12:52]

Mawson to be a last minute panic buy for a PL club would be my guess.

As for Tom James, never seen him play as far as I'm aware but he's a young, cheap back up full back who can play on both sides.

Pretty much reminds me of when Cardiff signed Jazz Richards.
Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 17:13 - Jul 23 with 3627 viewsSwan91

Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 12:20 - Jul 23 by Al_Bundy

Bartley - Gone
VHD - Probably staying
Amat - Will be gone

Amat will most likely stay

Fernandez.. probably will go.

Mawson... Don't think he can even pass a medical if he wanted to leave.. and that is if anyone will want to spend the money on him.. already rejected a bid from WHU and can't see a team like Burnley spending that much on him.
Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 17:21 - Jul 23 with 3582 viewsJackFish

Any danger of us signing a left back or are we just going to pray that Olsson can go the whole season without being injured or sent off?

I'm a bit surprised that we sold Bartley, he obviously did well at Leeds and I'd have thought that at least one of Mawson/Fernandez will be off, which means we'll need a new centre half.
Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 17:43 - Jul 23 with 3478 viewslondonlisa2001

Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 17:21 - Jul 23 by JackFish

Any danger of us signing a left back or are we just going to pray that Olsson can go the whole season without being injured or sent off?

I'm a bit surprised that we sold Bartley, he obviously did well at Leeds and I'd have thought that at least one of Mawson/Fernandez will be off, which means we'll need a new centre half.

Isn’t that young player from Madrid a left back?
Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 18:00 - Jul 23 with 3374 viewsthornabyswan

Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 17:43 - Jul 23 by londonlisa2001

Isn’t that young player from Madrid a left back?

Yes he is but not played yet seniors or under 23s.
Which is a bit odd.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 18:14 - Jul 23 with 3302 viewslondonlisa2001

Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 18:00 - Jul 23 by thornabyswan

Yes he is but not played yet seniors or under 23s.
Which is a bit odd.

I think he may be injured?
Tom James set for Swansea (according to reports) on 22:35 - Jul 23 with 2822 viewsKilkennyjack

Maybe they will sell Roberts ?

Just a thought... 2 young welsh right backs has not been our MO to date.

Hope thats not the case.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024