Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? 19:58 - Aug 30 with 10652 viewsDarran

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 21:12 - Aug 30 with 1565 viewsPawelAbbott

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:55 - Aug 30 by BLAZE

I haven't followed news with a fine tooth comb for years so maybe this directive went out of the window a long time ago, but didn't Jenkins state at one point that we only sign players willing to take a big pay cut in the case of relegation? Not wanting to gamble with the future of the club etc. What happened to that?

Went out of the window when we ran out of ideas of who to sign.
The scouting system was so bad we had to agree to any deal just to get the players Jenkins had heard of through the door.
Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 21:17 - Aug 30 with 1553 viewsawayjack

No suprise. Our cost base was out of control and didn’t take a genius to work out there was no plan for relegation. Incompetent at best.
Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 21:23 - Aug 30 with 1531 viewsexiledclaseboy

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:43 - Aug 30 by TheResurrection

No he didn't

Could have sworn Jenkins said something like that (club would be in a better position to survive the financial hit of relegation with the Americans running the show) at the time of the sale.

Poll: Tory leader

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 21:27 - Aug 30 with 1515 viewsscruffyjack

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:41 - Aug 30 by Garyjack

In the interests of fairness, i don't recall Huw Jenkins saying anything of the sort. Though i seem to remember Dineen stating they had the finances to deal with the transitional period following relegation, or words to that effect.

He certainly did, words to the effect that none of the previous board had the finances to sustain relegation, but the yanks did. What a fibber.
Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 21:28 - Aug 30 with 1504 viewsmagicdaps10

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 21:23 - Aug 30 by exiledclaseboy

Could have sworn Jenkins said something like that (club would be in a better position to survive the financial hit of relegation with the Americans running the show) at the time of the sale.

It was said, I will say that I am not 100% certain it was Jenkins but it was certainly said by one of the sell outs.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 21:34 - Aug 30 with 1486 viewsDarran

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:15 - Aug 30 by magicdaps10

But wasnt that the reason Huw gave for selling the club, because this group had the money and could take the hit if we went down.....because they had money.

It is clear now that they dont, even clearer that it was another of Jenkins lies. The patronising part to all this, is that Jenkins continues to get caught out with the words that come from this mouth.

On the subject to the poll, I am not surprised but am surprised as to how they have gone about it, a bit like a yard sale and taking any amount before they pack up for the night.

What he said when asked what was the difference the sale of the club to the Yanks had made was .......

”They cover all of our financial guarantees to make sure we've got coverage, that's what they do and it takes that pressure off myself and one or two others that were working in the club at that time.”
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 21:35]

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 21:35 - Aug 30 with 1483 viewswaynekerr55

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:10 - Aug 30 by Badlands

Not at all surprised because we'd been made well aware we were living on the edge since Laudrup was manager.

Look out Bob's back

What was the cause of this Mr Davro?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 21:37 - Aug 30 with 1469 viewsAguycalledJack

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 21:23 - Aug 30 by exiledclaseboy

I’m also sure Huw kept using the word investment, rather than were selling the club, f&*$ you all, were pocketing the cash.
Login to get fewer ads

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 21:38 - Aug 30 with 1464 viewswaynekerr55

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 21:34 - Aug 30 by Darran

What he said when asked what was the difference the sale of the club to the Yanks had made was .......

”They cover all of our financial guarantees to make sure we've got coverage, that's what they do and it takes that pressure off myself and one or two others that were working in the club at that time.”

Unlike Jenkins to chat shît as per usual.

The previous owners can't put together a semi believable story between them, fair play

In response to your op, spot on Daz

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 21:39 - Aug 30 with 1453 viewsmagicdaps10

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 21:34 - Aug 30 by Darran

There was also a quote about getting relegated. Cant remember if it was Jenkins or not, about being able to take the hit better if we went down.

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 21:40 - Aug 30 with 1438 viewsDarran

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 21:39 - Aug 30 by magicdaps10

There was also a quote about getting relegated. Cant remember if it was Jenkins or not, about being able to take the hit better if we went down.

That might have been on Twitter from someone other than Jenkins.

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 21:43 - Aug 30 with 1418 viewskarnataka

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 21:39 - Aug 30 by magicdaps10

I remember that too.
Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 21:43 - Aug 30 with 1419 viewsDr_Winston

Anything said by the sellouts about the Americans was bullshit to mask the reality that was just them cashing in at the first available opportunity.

As for the main question posed by Darran no, not really. Our wage bill has been excessive for a number of years, largely caused by the complete failure of our recruitment system to identify and acquire cheaper talent to replace those we sold on. When you jump on the same lazy, agent led merry go round as everyone else then costs are bound to increase.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 21:44 - Aug 30 with 1413 viewsmagicdaps10

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 21:40 - Aug 30 by Darran

That might have been on Twitter from someone other than Jenkins.

Quite possibly.

So many lies from so many people involved in this mess, I have lost memory on who lied about what.

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 21:46 - Aug 30 with 1402 viewswaynekerr55

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 21:43 - Aug 30 by Dr_Winston

Anything said by the sellouts about the Americans was bullshit to mask the reality that was just them cashing in at the first available opportunity.

As for the main question posed by Darran no, not really. Our wage bill has been excessive for a number of years, largely caused by the complete failure of our recruitment system to identify and acquire cheaper talent to replace those we sold on. When you jump on the same lazy, agent led merry go round as everyone else then costs are bound to increase.

Do you know why I'm surprised?

In his DM conversation Dineen insisted that nobody had Jenkins track record and he's ideal as chairman. By God that Gower Gold must be some powerful stuff 🤔

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 21:49 - Aug 30 with 1388 viewsDr_Winston

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 21:46 - Aug 30 by waynekerr55

Do you know why I'm surprised?

In his DM conversation Dineen insisted that nobody had Jenkins track record and he's ideal as chairman. By God that Gower Gold must be some powerful stuff 🤔

Dineen is a tosser. Always has been. Don't know anyone who has much good to say about him, and that's from long before the sellout.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 21:50 - Aug 30 with 1382 viewsShaky

Appropriately enough it's a tale of 4 quarters, Jim.

First quarter up until the sacking of Laudrup, fairly prudent and well run.

Second one especially under Monk profligate spending that put the club deeply in to the shit.

Third quarter a miraculous comeback pocketing a cool 50 million squid in profit on Siggy and Llorente. 50 MIILLION!!

Fourth quarter pissed it all away on Bony, Ayew, Clucas and Mesa.

Too bad.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 22:00 - Aug 30 with 1345 viewsQJumpingJack

Worth a watch from Summer 2016 - HJ interviewed post sale:

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 22:04 - Aug 30 with 1319 viewsomarjack

Most clubs would have "bad finances" if they're not being backed by the owners.

It seems as if clubs belong to certain categories..

a) Top 6 clubs, which of course are backed by their owners constantly to maintain success, And profits depend on the level of backing.

b) Clubs that achieve moderate financial success due to low costs and low wage bill, but sooner rather than later, It will catch up to them (Burnley are a fine example)

c) Clubs that depend mostly on the owners to back them in hope to retain their PL status. Like most of the clubs in the league. Once this backing is off, The club will sink like a rock.

We belonged to the b category at first..then things got out of hands and joined the rest in the financial mess. Which is normal by the way. The thing is, clubs like Everton and West Ham have constant financial backing by the owners which prevents them from the drop. Technically, their finances are also "bad". While we dropped down because the stupid Americans actually believed they could milk the cow until its t!ts dried, hoping they'll fill again in the next day magically.

No backing, no survival in the most part.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 22:04 - Aug 30 with 1315 viewsjack2jack

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 22:00 - Aug 30 by QJumpingJack

Just going to post same one I think6:20 confirms a few things
Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 22:05 - Aug 30 with 1304 viewsDarran

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 22:00 - Aug 30 by QJumpingJack

Doesn’t work Butt.

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 22:14 - Aug 30 with 1261 viewsjack2jack

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 22:05 - Aug 30 by Darran

Doesn’t work Butt.

See mine above👍
Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 22:23 - Aug 30 with 1229 viewsAnotherJohn

Not surprised as I have always thought that relegation would cause huge problems. But disappointed at the incoherence of the present planning. There are a few basket-case clubs in the Championship, but I do fear that we may now go on a bad run.
Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 22:42 - Aug 30 with 1171 viewsjacksfullaces

be interested for the owners to define bad rather than some of the educated guesses in this thread.

they have told us it is bad, so be good for them to talk us through how we have come to this over the last few years, what was the thinking behind their decisions then and now.

then we can all be surprised or not surprised.
Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 23:52 - Aug 30 with 1073 viewsJonathans_coat

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 22:04 - Aug 30 by jack2jack

Just going to post same one I think6:20 confirms a few things

Just watched all 6.5 minutes. Vomit inducing stuff. Literally every point Huw makes in this “interview” is a lie. Every promise made has been reneged upon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024