Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City Match Thread 22:58 - Dec 18 with 34786 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 22 Dec 2018 17:13]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 19:53 - Dec 22 with 2208 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 19:49 - Dec 22 by phact0rri

I thought Connor Roberts looked to have a rather rough match as well. A shadow of the player I expect to see this evening.

He’s not been at his best since he signed his new deal imo.
The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 20:01 - Dec 22 with 2145 viewstrinityann

The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 19:49 - Dec 22 by phact0rri

I thought Connor Roberts looked to have a rather rough match as well. A shadow of the player I expect to see this evening.

Conor got a lesson from a seasoned pro international winger tonight. Conor reminds me of Chris Gunter solid at this level, but not premier league standard.
The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 20:05 - Dec 22 with 2125 viewsMorfa_Same

That was frustrating as hell.

I couldn't believe there were no subs made after the equaliser. Celina should have come on immediately to try and seize back the initiative. Waiting until we were behind was just too bloody late.
The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 20:24 - Dec 22 with 2050 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 19:39 - Dec 22 by westside

Why wait until losing to bring on James and celina. Fer, John and grimes were shocking

John in fairness wasn't that bad. Even though he lost the ball it was on the edge of THEIR box. Does that mean the rest of the team are allowed a free pass ? Dreadful defending and quite a few opportunities to nip that move in the bud weren't taken

Matt Grimes was way below the standard he's set himself this season agreed.

Which brings me to our captain Leroy Fer. I have a feeling Potter may just regret giving him the captaincy. Every good attacking move for us that broke down (in other words nearly all of them) were slowed down or f*cked up by Fer and (however to a much lesser extent ) Dyer.

We in all honestly should have been at least two to three goals to the good by half time. Fer got a dubious booking admittedly early on but then almost rugby tackled one of theirs and if the ref hadn't applied the advantage rule he could well have seen red. Astonishing from the team captain. He looked unfit, at least a yard off the pace and in all reality offers very little except liability. Fulton must come in for him sooner rather than later. If we get any kind of an offer for him in January best take it and move on.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 20:48 - Dec 22 with 1973 viewsjasper_T

The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 20:24 - Dec 22 by Brynmill_Jack

John in fairness wasn't that bad. Even though he lost the ball it was on the edge of THEIR box. Does that mean the rest of the team are allowed a free pass ? Dreadful defending and quite a few opportunities to nip that move in the bud weren't taken

Matt Grimes was way below the standard he's set himself this season agreed.

Which brings me to our captain Leroy Fer. I have a feeling Potter may just regret giving him the captaincy. Every good attacking move for us that broke down (in other words nearly all of them) were slowed down or f*cked up by Fer and (however to a much lesser extent ) Dyer.

We in all honestly should have been at least two to three goals to the good by half time. Fer got a dubious booking admittedly early on but then almost rugby tackled one of theirs and if the ref hadn't applied the advantage rule he could well have seen red. Astonishing from the team captain. He looked unfit, at least a yard off the pace and in all reality offers very little except liability. Fulton must come in for him sooner rather than later. If we get any kind of an offer for him in January best take it and move on.

John did alright considering his level of ability. A couple of times he got the ball with clear space in front of him and seemed reluctant to drive into it. Was a promising winger once upon a time, when he goes for it he's not incapable of beating a man. Bit more confidence (and stop cutting in on your non-existent right foot, lad).

A few of his teammates seemed to be laying into him at times, with so not-so encouraging feedback. Couldn't have helped much.

Grimes had another tidy game in distribution but couldn't handle players running at him, and going back towards his own goal to cover for our shattered shape on the counter... not his forte.

Dyer, Bony and Routledge all had very good chances and missed the target. Game could have been dead after half an hour.
The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 20:52 - Dec 22 with 1948 viewsItchySphincter

The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 20:48 - Dec 22 by jasper_T

John did alright considering his level of ability. A couple of times he got the ball with clear space in front of him and seemed reluctant to drive into it. Was a promising winger once upon a time, when he goes for it he's not incapable of beating a man. Bit more confidence (and stop cutting in on your non-existent right foot, lad).

A few of his teammates seemed to be laying into him at times, with so not-so encouraging feedback. Couldn't have helped much.

Grimes had another tidy game in distribution but couldn't handle players running at him, and going back towards his own goal to cover for our shattered shape on the counter... not his forte.

Dyer, Bony and Routledge all had very good chances and missed the target. Game could have been dead after half an hour.

That was the game I watched.

Excellent summing up.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 21:12 - Dec 22 with 1912 viewsTenbySwan

Declan John is not worth his place in the team, woeful play and decision led to him losing the ball and then the counter attack for the equalizer.

Granted others should then have done better but we should not have been in a position to have to!

Also their second goal a carbon copy of two WBA goals ffs.
The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 21:21 - Dec 22 with 1895 viewsChief

The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 19:13 - Dec 22 by builthjack

We had the chance to sign Bowen for nothing. We didn't want him. FACT.

The ineptitude of the club's recruitment dept of the last few years means that I'm not surprised we didn't go for him, he's obviously a good player at this level.

But what do you mean we could have had him for free?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 23:03 - Dec 22 with 1799 viewsLoyal

Thing is the game should have been won after 35 minutes.
That's the issue, finishing. But as at Brentford we seem to suffer from some spinal issues when teams go at us. We are very weak in tackles and on the ball, story of the season.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024