Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where has the money gone? 03:01 - Feb 3 with 10339 viewsmattyboy32

This is my first post on this site and with recent evens wanted to know where fans think the money we have earned from are transfer dealings over the years have gone. Personally I think this little quote about mr.leviens acquisition sums it all up.

“In 2012, Erick Thohir and Jason Levien purchased the club and its holding company, with Chang remaining as a minority investor. Their efforts are primarily focused on getting United a new stadium and enhancing the four-time MLS champions”

We were never the club going to the next level we were just the piggy bank in this scheme. Their new stadium would cost over $400 million with them funding about $100million and rest would be loaned to them by city of dc. These talks for this deal started in January 2015 so how would a club loitering round the lower end of the mls afford this. So Levien got some investors to help get a relatively cheap club in the richest league in the world and then feed them lies for a tidy income machine

The yanks have always wanted money they got data analysis to help them find players to flip for profit so it could be used through loopholes in the system to benefit dc united. Now we have been relegated thy are just asset stripping to fund dc united. Is it a coincidence in August this year Levien bought the rest of thonirs ownership and appointed Kaplan as a co-chairman and announced that theonsortium that bought us as the new ownership group.

It seems so funny how this has all happened in a short period of 4 years and we never seen any high profile signings like Wayne Rooney or investment in the stadium to the level of dc united and no signs or messages from the owners because they don’t give a monkey about us.

I think we should not chant to get rid of these owners next saturday we need to chant for our money back that belongs to us not some other team that wants to get better by milking a smaller more profitable team of its hard earned cash that should have reinvested into itself. Rant over what are your thoughts?😂
Where has the money gone? on 12:04 - Feb 3 with 1719 viewsFlashberryjack

Where has the money gone? on 11:47 - Feb 3 by WotUTalkinBoutWillis

Threads like this make me want to bang my head against a wall.

If I sell $50 worth of stock and pay $50 for staffing for that hour... I don’t have $50 anymore.

I'm no financial expert, but those are break even figures.
And from what I can make out we're likely to be £40m in debt, and climbing.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Where has the money gone? on 12:26 - Feb 3 with 1676 viewsElmo

The Trust sees the Management Accounts.

Can we not get some clarity from the Trust at this point ?
Where has the money gone? on 12:33 - Feb 3 with 1663 viewsUplandsJack

I am chuffed Jenkins the Judas has finally gone, but only because I think this is the beginning of the end for all of the sellouts and of of course the yanks too.
But like a few, I dont think the yanks have actually filtered away as yet much, if any of the coin made during our time in the epl. I firmly believe when they came in, they hoped they could keep us in the epl and get all the pieces in place( commercial dept. Staduim, etc) to flip us for a tidy profit. But of course I don't think they were prepared for Jenkins to foook it all up (footballing side).

As I've stated on here once or twice before, the vast majority of the money's gone on overpaying for players, (most of whom have turned out to be disastrous signings) and their massive wages. Agents fees for finding, arranging sales/purchases. Wasting millions on sacking 5 managers in the last 3 years.
Now that all has to fall squarely at the feet of Jenkins (bb aside). The self appointed DOF.
I know the yanks haven't put any money directly into the club. But they have allowed it seems, for Jenkins to spend/waste whatever money came in from players sales and tv money when we were at the top table.

They are now scrambling to cover the running costs with a dwindling income. I was told early part of last season they had borrowed against this years epl tv money and of course we all know what happened there.

So for me I can't understand how anyone can have a single ounce of sympathy for Jenkins. He was out of his depth from the minute we arrived in the epl. But instead of passing on the reigns to somebody more suitably qualified, he believed all the claptrap written about him and appointed himself DOF ffs.....
Where has the money gone? on 12:34 - Feb 3 with 1658 viewshobo

Where has the money gone? on 11:40 - Feb 3 by Cooperman

I firmly believe that the rot started when Laudrup played Ki over Monk in the cup final.

Such a classy, unorthodox decision though
Where has the money gone? on 12:43 - Feb 3 with 1623 viewsCooperman

Where has the money gone? on 12:34 - Feb 3 by hobo

Such a classy, unorthodox decision though

I don’t know about classy. I also don’t think it’s a decision that he needed to take - Laudrup was a man with great self confidence so surely he didn’t see Bradford as a threat and therefore the need to drop Monk?

Anyway, it’s my theory that this is the start of the chain of events that lead us to where we are now on this wintry Sunday afternoon. Hindsight is such a wonderful thing but I’d have started Monk.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Where has the money gone? on 12:44 - Feb 3 with 1617 viewsUplandsJack

I firmly believe that the rot started when Laudrup played Ki over Monk in the cup final.

No it started towards the end of that history making season.
I was told Jenkins wanted Laudrup out then, as he felt he was losing his grip on the club and that laudrup and Tutumlu were having too much influence. The other directors didn't see it the same way, so he stayed.
But we can look further back to the old boys of monk, tatey, Williams and even Leon who were all sniping behind Laudrups back to jenkins, before a ball was even kicked in anger.
Where has the money gone? on 12:46 - Feb 3 with 1605 viewsShaky

The road to the current financial predicament is not a straight line.

The club's debts were already elevated before Kaplan came in, measuring around £65 million at the end of the 2016 financial year (in July) .

The sale of Siggy and Llorente almost wiped that out, but replacements were obviously needed, and the ones bought in to a man turned out to be exorbitantly expensive duds.

It really is very simple.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2019 12:49]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Where has the money gone? on 12:52 - Feb 3 with 1590 viewsCooperman

Where has the money gone? on 12:44 - Feb 3 by UplandsJack

No it started towards the end of that history making season.
I was told Jenkins wanted Laudrup out then, as he felt he was losing his grip on the club and that laudrup and Tutumlu were having too much influence. The other directors didn't see it the same way, so he stayed.
But we can look further back to the old boys of monk, tatey, Williams and even Leon who were all sniping behind Laudrups back to jenkins, before a ball was even kicked in anger.

So you’re saying that it was at the end of the season but it could have also been sooner?

Make your mind up.

Login to get fewer ads

Where has the money gone? on 12:52 - Feb 3 with 1588 viewsUplandsJack

Where has the money gone? on 12:04 - Feb 3 by Flashberryjack

I'm no financial expert, but those are break even figures.
And from what I can make out we're likely to be £40m in debt, and climbing.

Neither am i, but how can you come to that conclusion?
If you sell £50 of stock, but it cost you £50 in labour cost to do that, then your certainly not breaking even, unless of course you nicked the stock in the first place and have no intention of replacing it!
Where has the money gone? on 12:58 - Feb 3 with 1567 viewsUplandsJack

Where has the money gone? on 12:52 - Feb 3 by Cooperman

So you’re saying that it was at the end of the season but it could have also been sooner?

Make your mind up.

My mind is clear on this issue fella, don't worry about that.
Where has the money gone? on 13:00 - Feb 3 with 1553 viewsUplandsJack

Where has the money gone? on 12:52 - Feb 3 by Cooperman

Make your mind up.

While on the subject, seriously why do you think not starting monk had anything to do with it?
Where has the money gone? on 13:01 - Feb 3 with 1550 viewsCooperman

Where has the money gone? on 12:58 - Feb 3 by UplandsJack

My mind is clear on this issue fella, don't worry about that.

Ok, so when do you think the tide started to turn?

- When the old guard started to form the clique
- When Laudrup dropped Monk for the final
- At the end of that season
- Some other time

Where has the money gone? on 13:04 - Feb 3 with 1536 views_

Where has the money gone? on 11:54 - Feb 3 by costalotta

Yeah... Gullible.

You obviously think the post was targetted at you. That says quite a bit.

I don’t need to talk with Lisa or Shaky, although I have in the past enjoyed reading their posts....as I have some of yours. I’m quite capable of understanding with information available and reading between the lines.

Trust me, you're not.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Where has the money gone? on 13:05 - Feb 3 with 1534 viewsCooperman

Where has the money gone? on 13:00 - Feb 3 by UplandsJack

While on the subject, seriously why do you think not starting monk had anything to do with it?

On the basis that Laudrup the outsider dropped club stalwart Monk in favour of big time Charlie Ki and played him out of position.

I would hazard a guess that Monk will have been seething by this decision. And don’t get me started on how Mrs Monk would have reacted.

Where has the money gone? on 13:12 - Feb 3 with 1514 viewsunion_jack

Where has the money gone? on 11:47 - Feb 3 by WotUTalkinBoutWillis

Threads like this make me want to bang my head against a wall.

If I sell $50 worth of stock and pay $50 for staffing for that hour... I don’t have $50 anymore.

This of course is true.

Makes you wonder why anyone would buy into a football club unless they have an emotional tie to it and can afford to lose money. Not a sensible investment for a hedge fund I wouldn’t have thought.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Where has the money gone? on 13:13 - Feb 3 with 1508 views_

Where has the money gone? on 13:05 - Feb 3 by Cooperman

On the basis that Laudrup the outsider dropped club stalwart Monk in favour of big time Charlie Ki and played him out of position.

I would hazard a guess that Monk will have been seething by this decision. And don’t get me started on how Mrs Monk would have reacted.

In fairness, rightly so.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Where has the money gone? on 13:17 - Feb 3 with 1492 viewsLoyal

Where has the money gone? on 11:29 - Feb 3 by _

How's Dan's intermediary doing Jamie? 😂😂😂

Dan ?
Partridge ?

Why do you obsessively abuse people on here ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Where has the money gone? on 13:18 - Feb 3 with 1487 viewsPrivate_Partz

Where has the money gone? on 13:00 - Feb 3 by UplandsJack

Monk had an absolute stinker against Liverpool in the previous game and deserved to be dropped. He was on the fringes of the squad by then as well.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Where has the money gone? on 13:18 - Feb 3 with 1483 viewsomarjack

Where has the money gone? on 13:17 - Feb 3 by Loyal

Dan ?
Partridge ?

Google baby d!ck syndrome.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Where has the money gone? on 13:25 - Feb 3 with 1458 viewsswan65split

It started around that period no doubt, the following year once europe was gone, we went T&ts up,

Regardless of what people say about Monks term, the change , on and off the field was in motion.
Where has the money gone? on 13:40 - Feb 3 with 1437 viewscostalotta

Where has the money gone? on 13:04 - Feb 3 by _

Trust me, you're not.

Then we’ll disagree. You...look at the small, almost breadcrumb view without the ability to see the bigger play. That’s why time and time again you’ve not just been wrong but spectacularly off the mark. So forgive me if we don’t agree.
Where has the money gone? on 13:57 - Feb 3 with 1394 views_

Where has the money gone? on 13:17 - Feb 3 by Loyal

Dan ?
Partridge ?

Intermediary
Agent

😂😂😂😂

Where has the money gone? on 14:07 - Feb 3 with 1372 viewsUplandsJack

Where has the money gone? on 13:01 - Feb 3 by Cooperman

Ok, so when do you think the tide started to turn?

- When the old guard started to form the clique
- When Laudrup dropped Monk for the final
- At the end of that season
- Some other time

I do believe the clique did cause a stir from early on. But it wasn't for me the actual start of the demise.
That all happened because Laudrup made it perfectly clear to Monk and Tate they weren't in his plans. Though they tried to make it out about lack of training/ fitness. Monk even told me himself a short time after, he feigned an injury (slipping on one of his kids toys on the stairs if I recall correctly) the day before he was due to sign on loan for brizzle city (which Jenkins signed off on ) as he felt he would never come back.

Laudrup owed monk nothing, but despite that still gave him a run out at the final so he could lift the cup.
If you recall thas another player throwing their toys out of the pram for not being picked. I remember Bartleys old man demanding to know why his son wasnt playing in final instead of Ki.

No it started when Jenkins felt he was losing control of the club. Laudrup was successful right up till we won the cup, as we all know. But then we dipped after beating Newcastle the week after and I don't recall (Though can't be sure) us winning again that season. This then gave Jenkins, so he thought, the chance to oust Laudrup. But as I repeated earlier the other board members didn't agree.

So to conclude, obviously I nor anyone else can pin point exactly the day/moment this exactly started, but I'm pretty sure it certainly had nothing what so ever, to do with Monk not starting that final.
Where has the money gone? on 14:10 - Feb 3 with 1365 viewschad

Where has the money gone? on 12:43 - Feb 3 by Cooperman

I don’t know about classy. I also don’t think it’s a decision that he needed to take - Laudrup was a man with great self confidence so surely he didn’t see Bradford as a threat and therefore the need to drop Monk?

Anyway, it’s my theory that this is the start of the chain of events that lead us to where we are now on this wintry Sunday afternoon. Hindsight is such a wonderful thing but I’d have started Monk.

Monk had been sidelined in the PL by Rodgers, that naturally continued under Laudrup

Remember that 5 - 0 humbling at Liverpool just before the cup when Monk had his chance to secure his place?

This was our first chance at major silverware in 100 years and Laudrup would have been an idiot to have risked the slightest potential to let it slip through his fingers by playing anything but his strongest team. It was clear from his comments that despite playing a weakened team that Liverpool wipeout of us crystallised decisions in his mind.

The thing that is wrong is that it be considered that in such an impotent situation (or any situation) that the manger should be expected to play a weakened team to serve the ego of a single player. Or that that player (long sidelined from th PL) should be allowed the power, for his own revenge and personal furtherance to set up in opposition to the manager to rip the club apart.

Player power of this nature should never be pandered to and pandered to it was.
Where has the money gone? on 14:17 - Feb 3 with 1352 viewsShaky

Here is the most simple summary of the balance sheet I have ever done.

Look at the net debt line:

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024