Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Re - Nordfeldt. 22:10 - Apr 19 with 9089 viewsalwaysblackandwhite

If it wasn't for his 2 brilliant saves we would have lost that game.
Re - Nordfeldt. on 13:52 - Apr 24 with 1413 viewsjasper_T

Re - Nordfeldt. on 13:30 - Apr 24 by LeonWasGod

Awesome save low down to his left on Saturday tbf. Absolutely top notch reflexes.

If people think we haven't got 2 championship quality keepers, then they aren't that familiar with the championship. Whether they're top draw for this league is another matter, but both are easily good enough for this league. Both have been a bit iffy in the air lately (although Mulser was superb at that part of his game early on in the season though) - that's the main weakness, but it's not an uncommon one.

If it's the one I'm thinking of it was a save no proper keeper would have to make as they claim the first high ball into the box.

I think you're the one not familiar with the Championship. I posted the stats above. Nordfeldt compares unfavourably to practically every other keeper in the division.

I've been proven dead wrong on this one, thought he'd be more than good enough for this level.
Re - Nordfeldt. on 16:19 - Apr 24 with 1314 viewsCaptain_Sham

I seem to remember Dimi was fond of his save percentage stats when criticising Dorus. I fail to see how this thread got started. The OP is entirely correct. Nordfelts save percentage has nothing to with the fact that he won us the game. I wonder if Im going to get some stats thrown at me to prove that I'm bottom the league for post integrity or some other absolute fking bollocks.

Its just a ride.

Re - Nordfeldt. on 16:36 - Apr 24 with 1294 viewsjasper_T

Never let facts and context get in the way of a good headline, eh?
Re - Nordfeldt. on 10:32 - May 3 with 1174 viewsjackrmee

Just wanted to say that I thought Nordfeldt was very good against Derby.
His distribution is second to none. He is like an extra man at the back and is probably the best passer in that back 4/5. Uses both feet to spread the ball in either direction. The whole defence look confident to use him in tight spaces, one-twos and it helps our possession immensely.
Closee to man of the match in my eyes.

If we can coach him into commanding and coming out more, we will have an extremely effective goalkeeper there.
Very important to keep him imo.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Re - Nordfeldt. on 11:05 - May 3 with 1123 viewsjasper_T

Re - Nordfeldt. on 10:32 - May 3 by jackrmee

Just wanted to say that I thought Nordfeldt was very good against Derby.
His distribution is second to none. He is like an extra man at the back and is probably the best passer in that back 4/5. Uses both feet to spread the ball in either direction. The whole defence look confident to use him in tight spaces, one-twos and it helps our possession immensely.
Closee to man of the match in my eyes.

If we can coach him into commanding and coming out more, we will have an extremely effective goalkeeper there.
Very important to keep him imo.

Remember at least two passes into midfield getting picked off starting dangerous Derby attacks. And a few into touch. Not one of his best passing days for sure.

One decent save (the Wilson outside of the foot cross/shot). Another straight at him that he made look good by diving anyway. Bit generous to call it a MotM performance imo.
Re - Nordfeldt. on 11:19 - May 3 with 1110 viewsjasper_T

I was going to bring up an actual MotM goalkeeping performance this season (Mulder away against Birmingham) as he had better pass completion with more passes, more saves, claimed more aerial balls etc. in a worse team, but then I watched the highlights and there's a few comedy moments worthy of big Kris.

Certainly not "very important" to keep an expensive keeper who the stats show is poor for this level when we've got a better replacement at the club already.
[Post edited 3 May 2019 11:20]
Re - Nordfeldt. on 11:37 - May 3 with 1099 viewsjackrmee

Re - Nordfeldt. on 11:05 - May 3 by jasper_T

Remember at least two passes into midfield getting picked off starting dangerous Derby attacks. And a few into touch. Not one of his best passing days for sure.

One decent save (the Wilson outside of the foot cross/shot). Another straight at him that he made look good by diving anyway. Bit generous to call it a MotM performance imo.

I don't remember any stray passes tbh. I would hazard a guess that he was the most accurate passer on the pitch that day. Spreading it around with both feet with balls all over the back line, curling it out to both touchlines with good accuracy, some long whips to the far touchlines and even quite a lot of long balls.
I reckon he's more skilful with his feet than any of our defence.

*I said "close to" MOTM.
He was definitely up there with a shout.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Re - Nordfeldt. on 11:41 - May 3 with 1098 viewsjackrmee

Re - Nordfeldt. on 11:19 - May 3 by jasper_T

I was going to bring up an actual MotM goalkeeping performance this season (Mulder away against Birmingham) as he had better pass completion with more passes, more saves, claimed more aerial balls etc. in a worse team, but then I watched the highlights and there's a few comedy moments worthy of big Kris.

Certainly not "very important" to keep an expensive keeper who the stats show is poor for this level when we've got a better replacement at the club already.
[Post edited 3 May 2019 11:20]

Is he expensive?
Stats don't show potential though. With some good coaching, he'll be able to command his area better. He doesan average job at shot stopping and an extremely good job at distribution.

With Mulder it's the opposite I guess. He's good at the commanding and better than KN at shot stopping, but much much worse with ball at his feet. You can't coach natural football ability. KN could probably be a pro outfield player at lower levels from what I've seen.

Login to get fewer ads

Re - Nordfeldt. on 13:17 - May 3 with 1052 viewsjasonbromham

He's just not good enough, he would proabably be better outfield. Always looks shaky when a cross comes in or the ball goes towards the goal. Doesn't command his area at all and by pulling off the odd world class save makes him look like some kind of World Class keeper.
Re - Nordfeldt. on 13:28 - May 3 with 1041 viewsChief

There's no way we'll ever challenge for promotion with him in goals. Corners, crosses, balls lumped into the box are commonplace in this division and he cannot deal with them. I don't think Mulder is the long term answer either mind.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024