Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Board 16:05 - Apr 26 with 4673 viewsTwelveAngryMen

As we complete the 9th week of the Interim Board having had day-to-day responsibility for management of BFC I want to say how proud I am to see how far we’ve come as a club from the standing start we faced back on 25th February.
It’s been a privilege to work with everyone at the Club but particularly Michael, Ben and Ian as we try to direct our great club through the receivership and onto new ownership.
We haven’t got everything right and it would be naïve to believe we would however I know hand on heart that individually and collectively we’ve done our best in very challenging circumstances whilst offering an unparalleled level of transparency to BFC fans as to our aims, remit, the restrictions we are under and finances.
We have seen criticisms this week over junior ST pricing and it’s been reassuring to me to see the reaction to that from Michael and Ben in extending the £75 discounted junior season ticket price so as to allow family groups to continue to sit together.
I hope that now this concession has been offered everyone now feels able to support the Interim Board in their ST pricing. I urge you all to get behind us and purchase your ST’s so that we can deliver what BFC needs on and off the pitch.
UTMP

#footballfirst

Our Board on 16:03 - Apr 27 with 1281 viewsHannibal

Our Board on 15:34 - Apr 27 by Lala

Agree with that, the Pilley bid would bring with it too many Neanderthal hangers on for my liking. Again the likes of Mosser are already trying to claim a tight connection there, crikey we really don’t want that.

A Pilley bid, a VB/‘local investor’ bid?

I’d like a good old fashioned moneyed bid from wherever, with nothing to do with anything local. There’s too many wannabe hangers on nearby.

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

Our Board on 18:50 - Apr 27 with 1246 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Our Board on 14:35 - Apr 27 by Hannibal

We are in limbo really Robbie. Can I call you that? We all know it.

We are in a strange situation where the club is free of the Oystons, (we hope) yet there are no new owners that we can see yet. Until that happens we can’t really think long term because incoming owners might have very different ideas. Good or bad. It’s a difficult situation where we sort of have the club back but not 100%.

So we have an interim board composed of a few individuals that do this sort of thing for a living frankly, and a fan, Tim, who has been massively involved with the fans for various reasons.

I just don’t think it’s very healthy to consider our current situation as anything other than temporary. That’s why as much as I appreciate your enthusiasm for bigging up BST, it may all be for nothing when the club is eventually bought and new owners with a totally different ethos perhaps, come in.

I really hope BST will continue to be a positive influence when that time comes but we shouldn’t hang our hats on that.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2019 14:35]

Hannibal

of course you can call me Robbie. Everyone else does.

I see it more optimistically than you do, obviously. You are right to keep one eye firmly on the fact that this is a transitional stage that hopefully will be relatively short lived. It's still very important though because of all the immediate challenges that have to be addressed. The Board do have impressive CVs and I just think Tim is very able, very measured and will be his own man.

Longer term, obviously the new owners will have their own views. I'm relatively confident that we will get one with good instincts for supporter engagement and obviously that is something BST will work hard to try to influence. The proof will be in the pudding, of course.

On Pilley, obviously people pay him more attention as he is something of a known quantity. But he starts behind most of the other potential candidates because he owns another club. And divesting himself of FTFC in a way that satisfies the EFL will not necessarily be straightforward. For a start, he needs to find a buyer who fancies taking them on at the same time as we get a fresh start. That's not to say he can't or won't - but he has it all to do in that regard.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Our Board on 19:09 - Apr 27 with 1239 viewsjanegallagher

Our Board on 18:50 - Apr 27 by basilrobbiereborn

Hannibal

of course you can call me Robbie. Everyone else does.

I see it more optimistically than you do, obviously. You are right to keep one eye firmly on the fact that this is a transitional stage that hopefully will be relatively short lived. It's still very important though because of all the immediate challenges that have to be addressed. The Board do have impressive CVs and I just think Tim is very able, very measured and will be his own man.

Longer term, obviously the new owners will have their own views. I'm relatively confident that we will get one with good instincts for supporter engagement and obviously that is something BST will work hard to try to influence. The proof will be in the pudding, of course.

On Pilley, obviously people pay him more attention as he is something of a known quantity. But he starts behind most of the other potential candidates because he owns another club. And divesting himself of FTFC in a way that satisfies the EFL will not necessarily be straightforward. For a start, he needs to find a buyer who fancies taking them on at the same time as we get a fresh start. That's not to say he can't or won't - but he has it all to do in that regard.

I dread what’s ahead, I really do.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Our Board on 19:28 - Apr 27 with 1224 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Our Board on 19:09 - Apr 27 by janegallagher

I dread what’s ahead, I really do.

Jane

I'm quite excited. It feels like we on the cusp of something much, much better.

Our Board on 20:23 - Apr 27 with 1207 viewsImperial

Our Board on 19:28 - Apr 27 by basilrobbiereborn

Jane

I'm quite excited. It feels like we on the cusp of something much, much better.

It's a lottery really. There are good and bad interested parties. Ultimately financial muscle does not necessarily mean the best owners.
Our Board on 20:30 - Apr 27 with 1200 viewsspell_chekker

Our Board on 20:23 - Apr 27 by Imperial

It's a lottery really. There are good and bad interested parties. Ultimately financial muscle does not necessarily mean the best owners.

Roll on 15th May.

We'll all be backing our own favourite horses.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Our Board on 20:37 - Apr 27 with 1197 viewsspudgun

Our Board on 20:23 - Apr 27 by Imperial

Guess you should just hope for a kinder, gentler machine gun hand; very few clubs get the genuine benign benefactors they hope for.

It is natural for fans to feel optimistic after what has happened but they shouldn`t get carried away and let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

I`ve read some very silly posts elsewhere. Some do need to temper their aspirations a little; it is the unbridled hope that can destroy you...
Our Board on 22:48 - Apr 27 with 1189 viewsjanegallagher

Our Board on 20:37 - Apr 27 by spudgun

Guess you should just hope for a kinder, gentler machine gun hand; very few clubs get the genuine benign benefactors they hope for.

It is natural for fans to feel optimistic after what has happened but they shouldn`t get carried away and let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

I`ve read some very silly posts elsewhere. Some do need to temper their aspirations a little; it is the unbridled hope that can destroy you...

If pilley takes over the Neanderthals will back him to the hilt and woe betide anyone who dares to question anything. Bit like the uturn over joey Barton. Any other owners will be scrutinised and criticised oh and if they don’t get off to a good start god help them.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Login to get fewer ads

Our Board on 12:57 - Apr 28 with 1154 viewsLala

Our Board on 22:48 - Apr 27 by janegallagher

If pilley takes over the Neanderthals will back him to the hilt and woe betide anyone who dares to question anything. Bit like the uturn over joey Barton. Any other owners will be scrutinised and criticised oh and if they don’t get off to a good start god help them.

I see Mosser is speaking for all of us again over on Robbies avftt thread. Am not biting but for crying out loud who does he think he is. There are over 10 000 fans and he is one voice. Shame he doesn’t think that himself.

He’s obviously got his tongue firmly ensconced up Pilleys derrière now in a bid to live off someone else’s power.

#whatahangeronIam

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Our Board on 13:49 - Apr 28 with 1136 viewsHannibal

Our Board on 12:57 - Apr 28 by Lala

I see Mosser is speaking for all of us again over on Robbies avftt thread. Am not biting but for crying out loud who does he think he is. There are over 10 000 fans and he is one voice. Shame he doesn’t think that himself.

He’s obviously got his tongue firmly ensconced up Pilleys derrière now in a bid to live off someone else’s power.

#whatahangeronIam

I expect he will be offering people out at the pet shop soon.😩

Our Board on 13:51 - Apr 28 with 1135 viewsjanegallagher

Our Board on 12:57 - Apr 28 by Lala

#whatahangeronIam

😂LaLa

What’s with the 20% too. I’m inclined to think Mex knows a bit more than raggy mosser and bus.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Our Board on 14:00 - Apr 28 with 1132 viewsjanegallagher

Our Board on 13:51 - Apr 28 by janegallagher

😂LaLa

What’s with the 20% too. I’m inclined to think Mex knows a bit more than raggy mosser and bus.

he’s another one just like bus who will be gobby with the wrong person one day. I wouldn’t mind have you seen him a 10 stone fifty something. 😂

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Our Board on 18:55 - Apr 28 with 1112 viewsspell_chekker

Our Board on 14:00 - Apr 28 by janegallagher

he’s another one just like bus who will be gobby with the wrong person one day. I wouldn’t mind have you seen him a 10 stone fifty something. 😂

Jane: A bit less with the 'Neanderthals' please. I prefer the term 'mouth breathers'

The 20% thing is a joke. No one in their right mind would spend millions on acquiring the club only to leave a fifth of in in Oyston hands.

You've got to hope that new owners have got more sense than that.

The 20% argument is idiotic.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Our Board on 19:16 - Apr 28 with 1104 viewsjanegallagher

Our Board on 18:55 - Apr 28 by spell_chekker

Jane: A bit less with the 'Neanderthals' please. I prefer the term 'mouth breathers'

The 20% thing is a joke. No one in their right mind would spend millions on acquiring the club only to leave a fifth of in in Oyston hands.

You've got to hope that new owners have got more sense than that.

The 20% argument is idiotic.

Sorry spell. 😃

Puts me right off pilley having anything to do with our club. What will we turn into. Anyone dare to have a different opinion will be intimidated with the usual emoji from mosser

This is your mate Robbie, defies logic

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Our Board on 19:49 - Apr 28 with 1092 viewsspell_chekker

Our Board on 19:16 - Apr 28 by janegallagher

Sorry spell. 😃

Puts me right off pilley having anything to do with our club. What will we turn into. Anyone dare to have a different opinion will be intimidated with the usual emoji from mosser

Jane, one of the good things about this message board: We're not large in numbers but we're solid and are allowed to have a non mainstream opinion and highlight scenarios that may otherwise go under the radar.

Our Board on 19:57 - Apr 28 with 1088 viewsspell_chekker

Our Board on 19:49 - Apr 28 by spell_chekker

Jane, one of the good things about this message board: We're not large in numbers but we're solid and are allowed to have a non mainstream opinion and highlight scenarios that may otherwise go under the radar.

I'd like to move away from the subject of the last few days (and as an aside I'd prefer to refer to the 'mouth breathers' as 'the sad lads') and focus on the muckers.

There seem to be millions of them (I haven't got facebook or twitter but apparently so) but only one or two who speak for them.

They've got the ear of the interim - hotel tickets bought, blocks reserved, private meetings.

Are they democratic?

What are their policies?

Are they Pilley men?

Has anyone seen anything concerning exterme right wing views posted on social media?

Our Board on 20:03 - Apr 28 with 1083 viewsjanegallagher

Our Board on 19:57 - Apr 28 by spell_chekker

I'd like to move away from the subject of the last few days (and as an aside I'd prefer to refer to the 'mouth breathers' as 'the sad lads') and focus on the muckers.

There seem to be millions of them (I haven't got facebook or twitter but apparently so) but only one or two who speak for them.

They've got the ear of the interim - hotel tickets bought, blocks reserved, private meetings.

Are they democratic?

What are their policies?

Are they Pilley men?

Has anyone seen anything concerning exterme right wing views posted on social media?

I haven’t seen anything like that spell.

On a positive note They do create a great atmosphere at Bloomfield Road and from what I’ve seen (forget about raggy’s postings) on twitter, have raised lots of money for charity.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Our Board on 12:18 - Apr 29 with 1058 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Our Board on 19:16 - Apr 28 by janegallagher

Sorry spell. 😃

Jane, I think Mosser would be appalled by having me described as his "mate". It would ruin his image overnight. Nevertheless, I am going to defend him.

At the outset, I should say I don't agree with all the things he posts or the way in which he sometimes does it. But I could probably say the same of everyone, and I myself get it wrong sometimes.

Nor do I quite understand where he is coming from at the moment. He is clearly privy to some intelligence (for want of a better word) that concerns him in terms of the CAR and the outside appointments to the interim Board. As I don't know for certain what that information is its hard to comment upon whether his concerns are misplaced - I've suggested to him on AVFTT that I think they are, but he will make his own mind up. I am worried about who has fed him this stuff, and what their motives are in doing so - but he's a grown man who can and will assess these things for himself.

I think he has the welfare of the club at heart. For a long time he and Tim were one of the very few sources of information we had when people were desperate for it. He put himself out quite a bit to get it, and it would be a shame if we all forgot that now. I wish he had kept his current information off the message boards and used it in other ways, but this is his style and we are where we are.

People are not all black and white any more than life is. I wouldn't say we are friends in the normal sense it is understood, but I have respect for the efforts he has made to get us closer to where we want to be. I know you and he have clashed quite a lot ; I'm sorry you have felt intimidated by it. But he isn't a pantomime villain any more than I am.

Our Board on 15:17 - Apr 29 with 1033 viewsHannibal

Our Board on 12:18 - Apr 29 by basilrobbiereborn

Jane, I think Mosser would be appalled by having me described as his "mate". It would ruin his image overnight. Nevertheless, I am going to defend him.

At the outset, I should say I don't agree with all the things he posts or the way in which he sometimes does it. But I could probably say the same of everyone, and I myself get it wrong sometimes.

Nor do I quite understand where he is coming from at the moment. He is clearly privy to some intelligence (for want of a better word) that concerns him in terms of the CAR and the outside appointments to the interim Board. As I don't know for certain what that information is its hard to comment upon whether his concerns are misplaced - I've suggested to him on AVFTT that I think they are, but he will make his own mind up. I am worried about who has fed him this stuff, and what their motives are in doing so - but he's a grown man who can and will assess these things for himself.

I think he has the welfare of the club at heart. For a long time he and Tim were one of the very few sources of information we had when people were desperate for it. He put himself out quite a bit to get it, and it would be a shame if we all forgot that now. I wish he had kept his current information off the message boards and used it in other ways, but this is his style and we are where we are.

People are not all black and white any more than life is. I wouldn't say we are friends in the normal sense it is understood, but I have respect for the efforts he has made to get us closer to where we want to be. I know you and he have clashed quite a lot ; I'm sorry you have felt intimidated by it. But he isn't a pantomime villain any more than I am.

Oh yes he is!

Sorry couldn’t resist.😃

Our Board on 15:50 - Apr 29 with 1023 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Our Board on 15:17 - Apr 29 by Hannibal

Oh yes he is!

Sorry couldn’t resist.😃

Very good.

Our Board on 18:15 - Apr 29 with 998 viewsspell_chekker

Our Board on 15:50 - Apr 29 by basilrobbiereborn

Very good.

Our Board on 19:24 - Apr 29 with 980 viewsjanegallagher

Our Board on 18:15 - Apr 29 by spell_chekker

Robbie you referred to Mosser and WPC as “your mates” on avftt, I wasn’t appalled just totally bemused.

“He put himself out a bit to get it” What hardship that must have been for him. He’s loved every second. He’s lived and breathed his itk status.

Do you really think I’ve felt intimidated by him, really?

No he’s not a pantomime villain as this is real life. He’s a nasty individual who writes some dreadful things, threats of violence are the lowest of the low. But hey we all see people differently, he doesn’t even register on my moral compass.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Our Board on 19:39 - Apr 29 with 968 viewsLala

Our Board on 19:24 - Apr 29 by janegallagher

Robbie you referred to Mosser and WPC as “your mates” on avftt, I wasn’t appalled just totally bemused.

“He put himself out a bit to get it” What hardship that must have been for him. He’s loved every second. He’s lived and breathed his itk status.

No he’s not a pantomime villain as this is real life. He’s a nasty individual who writes some dreadful things, threats of violence are the lowest of the low. But hey we all see people differently, he doesn’t even register on my moral compass.

I get Jane’s point. The threats of aggression are way out of order and they have been a plenty. And they are dished out simply when you disagree.

I understand your loyalty in some way Robbie, but the reason some of us exiled ourselves over on this forum is because of the aggression and intolerance of posters like mosser and wpc.

We will probably all have to agree to disagree on this point.
That said I will continue to iterate that I don’t want that kind of fan having any input into the future running of our club, be it covertly or otherwise. I would like a straight new owner who doesn’t encourage or applaud aggressive divisions within the fanbase. I don’t think that’s a harsh statement.

Think that’s what Jane is saying also.

Our Board on 20:15 - Apr 29 with 953 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Our Board on 19:24 - Apr 29 by janegallagher

I don't remember saying they were mates, but I must have done if you remember it. I think they would see it differently - we just know each other, that's all.

I don't want you to think I'm belittling your feelings. I don't think a day goes by on AVFTT without someone writing something abusive/untrue/both about me. So I understand how you might feel.

Our Board on 20:23 - Apr 29 with 945 viewsLala

Our Board on 20:15 - Apr 29 by basilrobbiereborn

I don't remember saying they were mates, but I must have done if you remember it. I think they would see it differently - we just know each other, that's all.

I don't want you to think I'm belittling your feelings. I don't think a day goes by on AVFTT without someone writing something abusive/untrue/both about me. So I understand how you might feel.

That’s a fair response Robbie.

I think we are understandably tetchy about past avftt experiences on here!

I agree you aren’t the perpetrator of those feelings. I think it’s just hard to understand your connection to such idiots when you clearly don’t seem to be one yourselfi!

It’s good that posters can vent their frustrations here in a tolerant environment. It’s novel, I like it. I do back Jane because she is a good person and I get her passion for right and wrong. And us women are passionate beings.

It’s all good on here!

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024