Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Pre Season Thread 16:05 - May 10 with 2783 viewsspell_chekker

Pre-Season Plans Take Shape

Two Friendlies Confirmed

Blackpool's pre-season plans for the 2019/20 campaign have started to take shape, with two friendly matches confirmed.

The Seasiders will come up against Ian Evatt's Barrow AFC at Houlker Street on Saturday 20 July, while a home fixture against Tony Mowbray's Blackburn Rovers has been arranged for Saturday 27 July.

Ticket details for both fixtures, which will kick-off at 3pm, will be announced in due course.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

The Pre Season Thread on 19:11 - Jun 26 with 621 viewsspell_chekker

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

The Pre Season Thread on 22:13 - Jun 26 with 618 viewsspell_chekker

The Pre Season Thread on 15:27 - Jun 28 with 614 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

The Pre Season Thread on 22:13 - Jun 26 by spell_chekker

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

The Pre Season Thread on 15:56 - Jun 28 with 608 viewsspell_chekker

The Pre Season Thread on 15:27 - Jun 28 by BringBackTheRedRoom

A few of them seemed to be blowing hard.

I like the training on the beach theme, but shouldn't they really be flogging the players up and down the sand hills?

The Pre Season Thread on 17:55 - Jun 28 with 601 viewsROTTWEILERS

The Pre Season Thread on 15:56 - Jun 28 by spell_chekker

A few of them seemed to be blowing hard.

I like the training on the beach theme, but shouldn't they really be flogging the players up and down the sand hills?

Nobody gonna mention the sports bras then? 👀

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

The Pre Season Thread on 18:20 - Jun 28 with 599 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

The Pre Season Thread on 17:55 - Jun 28 by ROTTWEILERS

Nobody gonna mention the sports bras then? 👀

What really worries me is if some of our male fans start to wear them as well!

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

The Pre Season Thread on 18:47 - Jun 28 with 596 viewsHannibal

The Pre Season Thread on 18:20 - Jun 28 by BringBackTheRedRoom

What really worries me is if some of our male fans start to wear them as well!

I must be getting old or something but surely the wearing of female sports bras on men isn’t ok?

I mean, seriously, what the hell?

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

The Pre Season Thread on 20:28 - Jun 28 with 591 viewsspell_chekker

The Pre Season Thread on 18:47 - Jun 28 by Hannibal

I must be getting old or something but surely the wearing of female sports bras on men isn’t ok?

I mean, seriously, what the hell?

It must be some kind of lads' joke to dress up as women.

Team bonding, dress up and then go for a few pints.

Otherwise it's ridiculous.

Login to get fewer ads

The Pre Season Thread on 21:11 - Jun 28 with 583 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

The Pre Season Thread on 20:28 - Jun 28 by spell_chekker

It must be some kind of lads' joke to dress up as women.

Team bonding, dress up and then go for a few pints.

Otherwise it's ridiculous.

"Modelling The Muckers new home kit we have......"

The Pre Season Thread on 10:08 - Jun 29 with 569 viewsspell_chekker

The Pre Season Thread on 20:38 - Jun 25 by spell_chekker

I can't remember the exact date of my flight, I'll try and get to the Fylde game.

The Pre Season Thread on 14:34 - Jun 29 with 565 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

The Pre Season Thread on 10:08 - Jun 29 by spell_chekker

I can't remember the exact date of my flight, I'll try and get to the Fylde game.

The Pre Season Thread on 18:55 - Jun 30 with 558 viewsspell_chekker

The Pre Season Thread on 19:02 - Jun 30 with 553 viewsspell_chekker

The Pre Season Thread on 18:55 - Jun 30 by spell_chekker

The Pre Season Thread on 19:05 - Jun 30 with 552 viewsspell_chekker

This bras thing makes me thing about this:

The Pre Season Thread on 07:00 - Jul 1 with 543 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

The Pre Season Thread on 19:05 - Jun 30 by spell_chekker

This bras thing makes me thing about this:

Long gone are the days when footballers would return to pre-season out of shape according to Blackpool new boy Jamie Devitt.

The Seasiders began their preparations for the upcoming League One campaign with some vital fitness work last Wednesday, while the full squad also took part in a pier-to-pier run on Friday.

Devitt, who signed on a free transfer from Carlisle United last month, admits no-one enjoys the hard work of pre-season but says it is something that has to be done.

He said: “Everybody is a bit nervous because you don’t know what running we’re going to be doing.

“I wouldn’t say anyone enjoys doing pre-season, I think they’d be lying if they said that.

“But it’s mainly just getting yourself fit as possible for that first game. I think, nowadays, not many people have a break.

“The first two or three weeks you don’t do much, you get away and spend some time with your family.

“But from that point onwards you’re ticking over and getting yourself ready for the first day.

“You don’t want to come in and feel sick, but you don’t see those days any more. When I first started I think everyone was getting sick, but I think everybody knows they have to come back in good shape now.

“You don’t want to come back in and not be able to do the stuff the other lads are doing because it’s going to set you back.

“It’s your own pride as well, wanting to do well and being ready for that first game.”

The attacking midfielder, who scored 12 goals in League Two last season, penned an initial two-year deal with the Seasiders with the option to extend by a further 12 months.

And the former Morecambe man says it was Terry McPhillips’ ambition to get the club into the Championship that attracted him to Bloomfield Road.

“Once I spoke with the manager and heard about his ambitions for the club it was a pretty easy decision to sign here,” he said.

“It was all sorted pretty quickly. It’s a club that is going in the right direction and I don’t think he (McPhillips) wants to stay in League One for the next few years.

“The ambition is to get into the Championship and see what happens and that very much matches my ambitions, so I can’t wait to get started.

“Once I spoke to the manager there was no one else really that could turn my head to be honest with you.

“I spoke to Ryan Edwards as well when he was coming and he said exactly the same. We both knew what decision we wanted to make.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-squad-w

The Pre Season Thread on 08:41 - Jul 1 with 541 viewsspell_chekker

The Pre Season Thread on 07:00 - Jul 1 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Long gone are the days when footballers would return to pre-season out of shape according to Blackpool new boy Jamie Devitt.

The Seasiders began their preparations for the upcoming League One campaign with some vital fitness work last Wednesday, while the full squad also took part in a pier-to-pier run on Friday.

Devitt, who signed on a free transfer from Carlisle United last month, admits no-one enjoys the hard work of pre-season but says it is something that has to be done.

He said: “Everybody is a bit nervous because you don’t know what running we’re going to be doing.

“I wouldn’t say anyone enjoys doing pre-season, I think they’d be lying if they said that.

“But it’s mainly just getting yourself fit as possible for that first game. I think, nowadays, not many people have a break.

“The first two or three weeks you don’t do much, you get away and spend some time with your family.

“But from that point onwards you’re ticking over and getting yourself ready for the first day.

“You don’t want to come in and feel sick, but you don’t see those days any more. When I first started I think everyone was getting sick, but I think everybody knows they have to come back in good shape now.

“You don’t want to come back in and not be able to do the stuff the other lads are doing because it’s going to set you back.

“It’s your own pride as well, wanting to do well and being ready for that first game.”

The attacking midfielder, who scored 12 goals in League Two last season, penned an initial two-year deal with the Seasiders with the option to extend by a further 12 months.

And the former Morecambe man says it was Terry McPhillips’ ambition to get the club into the Championship that attracted him to Bloomfield Road.

“Once I spoke with the manager and heard about his ambitions for the club it was a pretty easy decision to sign here,” he said.

“It was all sorted pretty quickly. It’s a club that is going in the right direction and I don’t think he (McPhillips) wants to stay in League One for the next few years.

“The ambition is to get into the Championship and see what happens and that very much matches my ambitions, so I can’t wait to get started.

“Once I spoke to the manager there was no one else really that could turn my head to be honest with you.

“I spoke to Ryan Edwards as well when he was coming and he said exactly the same. We both knew what decision we wanted to make.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-squad-w

Is the pre-season fitness thing a bit over done at times,

Blackpool's last game was 4th May so the players' fitness levels can't have fallen too much.

The Pre Season Thread on 13:26 - Jul 2 with 538 viewsspell_chekker

The Pre Season Thread on 12:27 - Jul 3 with 537 viewsspell_chekker

The Pre Season Thread on 12:30 - Jul 3 with 537 viewsspell_chekker

The Pre Season Thread on 12:15 - Jul 4 with 534 viewsspell_chekker

The Pre Season Thread on 12:59 - Jul 4 with 532 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

The Pre Season Thread on 12:15 - Jul 4 by spell_chekker

It's fantastic that we have one of these threads and it is genuinely a talking point. Happy days.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

The Pre Season Thread on 13:11 - Jul 4 with 525 viewsspell_chekker

The Pre Season Thread on 12:59 - Jul 4 by basilrobbiereborn

It's fantastic that we have one of these threads and it is genuinely a talking point. Happy days.

It's an advantage of having a quieter board. Stuff like this can be kept up near the top and won't get flushed away.

We can have long running threads that give a good account of developments.

The pitch renovation, the bidder thread, transfer rumours etc. In the same way it's also good for pre and post match threads.

The Pre Season Thread on 19:36 - Jul 4 with 519 viewsspell_chekker

The Pre Season Thread on 12:14 - Jul 6 with 515 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

The Pre Season Thread on 19:36 - Jul 4 by spell_chekker

Spell

Ticket info if you're thinking of going while over here

The Pre Season Thread on 12:42 - Jul 6 with 512 viewsspell_chekker

The Pre Season Thread on 12:14 - Jul 6 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Spell

Ticket info if you're thinking of going while over here

Booking tickets today.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024