Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone disillusioned with the modern game? 13:13 - May 19 with 3248 viewsdickythorpe

Just putting it out there.

Personally I'd support Swansea whatever league we were in, but I'd expect effort to improve.

But the higher we have climbed over the last 12 years or so it seems a very different game from when I was first introduced to it.

Edit- did anyone really enjoy the Cup Final yesterday?
(Apart from man city fans)
[Post edited 19 May 2019 13:14]
Anyone disillusioned with the modern game? on 22:11 - May 19 with 734 viewsmarchamjack

For balance, I can’t remember enjoying more (as a neutral) the last 2 weeks of CL, PL, play-offs, loads of amazing games.

I definitely miss the PL hype around our games now we’re in the EFL. EFL is a definite downgrade.

But know what the OP means

Edit- meant to add, bored by the Cup Final yesterday, but have been mostly bored by the FA Cup finals for a good few years now, probably as so many games on tv now and usually (this year aside) same teams playing each other in the final
[Post edited 19 May 2019 22:17]

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Anyone disillusioned with the modern game? on 23:20 - May 19 with 656 viewsBirchgrovejack

Hugely disillusioned with football at the moment.
There is no loyalty anywhere in the game anymore, its all about money and fame.
Look at man city, Phil Foden is the only player to come from their academy in the last ten years. everyone else has been bought in. £100m's of pounds to win the league, and all it does is force all the teams chasing to do the same, this teeters down to the smaller clubs (like us) in the division to spend far more than they should just to try and survive.
Managers are sacked 6 months into their contracts because they are hitting the ground running, or haven't won enough, they aren't given enough time to build a squad or a mentality. Then the club goes an poaches another manager from another club, causing a possible ripple effect through the divisions as managers leave to take up vacant posts.
Players contracts are pretty much pointless, they only thing they do is determine a transfer fee. I hate all the stupid clauses in contracts as well, release fees, appearance fees etc. and loyalty bonuses, a fee that has to be paid to the player if they are sold unless they've handed in a transfer request, wtf is it for! they get paid a small fortune as it is and get a signing on fee when they move! The agents are a bunch of leeches always looking to move the players they represent to make a cut from the deal.
If you have a good player or a talented young prospect, you got to hope they go under the radar or you know they're as good as gone. Its hard to enjoy watching them play or develop when you know the better they get the less chance they'll be here the following season. This is the case for most clubs below the top 6 in the Prem too not just us in the championship.
I was starting to have a little faith in football, with the performances this season and the surprising emergence of some young talent in our squad, the style of football we were starting to play again. Then the brilliant CL Semi's and quartersand the play off semi between leeds and derby showed how amazing the game can be......but this week has brought it right back down again. Potter leaving for Brighton, they may be premier league but its hardly an ambitious move, they will be fighting relegation again next year. Then the dull as dog poo FA Cup final.
Anyone disillusioned with the modern game? on 02:36 - May 20 with 607 viewshuwrichards57

Think Wolves would have had a better chance against City.
Anyone disillusioned with the modern game? on 16:45 - May 20 with 486 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Anyone disillusioned with the modern game? on 13:26 - May 19 by GreekSwan

Stopped watching it on TV a while back
Hate the premiership and all that goes with it

It will never be like it was, lower division football in an old shit ground seemed so much more fun somehow, but maybe it was because we were younger and life was better?

But it's just too commercial now and too many glory hunters when things were going good, they'll disappear now mind!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024