Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
19/20 Season 07:39 - Aug 3 with 1973 viewswelshdale

Before a ball is kicked what are your expectations for this season? A season with exciting football with no nervy last 2 months is all I ask but I think we are in for a ride until the end again. Cant see us keeping to many clean sheets coupled with a lack of goal getters (hendo excluded) I predict
18th

BBM we are behind you and the lads
19/20 Season on 08:20 - Aug 3 with 1914 viewsmacro

At the moment I feel that we are couple of players short still. I think the players signed seem to have some promise though. At least 1 new centre back needed if not 2
19/20 Season on 09:22 - Aug 3 with 1847 viewstodmordendale

I feel quietly confident.
Good attitude and positivity seems to have been instilled, which is something that disappeared for a couple of seasons.
Feeling cocky
19/20 Season on 09:47 - Aug 3 with 1804 viewsaleanddale

Bottom 3rd.

20th or higher.

The times today predicted relegation 3rd bottom

Times predicted bottom 4

AFC Wimbledon
Dale
Bolton
bury
19/20 Season on 10:57 - Aug 3 with 1725 viewschalky_ncfc

With Bolton and Bury being in League One there shouldn't be so much pressure as in previous seasons with only two relegation places to avoid,I think that you will miss the drop and be in the upper part of the lower third and that will be a success

Good luck and all the best this season Daleys,I hope you do well

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

19/20 Season on 11:26 - Aug 3 with 1674 viewsboromat

I'm not massively optimistic this year but that means I'll be easy to impress.

I also think assuming Bolton and Bury are relegated is a dangerous game. Bolton I could see staying up. If they get the new owners in and get a squad together before the window closes and use January well who knows.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

19/20 Season on 11:35 - Aug 3 with 1659 viewsfrenzied

Theres usually one team in the bottom 4 youd never expect.

Id settle for 20th..
19/20 Season on 12:07 - Aug 3 with 1621 viewsjonahwhereru

I predict we will be an easier team to watch, and we will concede at least 15 fewer goals this season.
The first few games will determine if we need to hunt down strong loanees before the window closes. Why can’t we play Peterborough in the first home or away game every season. They are always thereabouts. Where as Tranmere is not a side that will give you an early indicator for the season ahead.
I think we will be better than last season but by no more than about five points. So still some nail biting times going into that final throws of the season.
Today is a great day, literally all to play for. We could be top this evening!!
UTD
19/20 Season on 13:05 - Aug 3 with 1540 viewsDale23years

19/20 Season on 12:07 - Aug 3 by jonahwhereru

I predict we will be an easier team to watch, and we will concede at least 15 fewer goals this season.
The first few games will determine if we need to hunt down strong loanees before the window closes. Why can’t we play Peterborough in the first home or away game every season. They are always thereabouts. Where as Tranmere is not a side that will give you an early indicator for the season ahead.
I think we will be better than last season but by no more than about five points. So still some nail biting times going into that final throws of the season.
Today is a great day, literally all to play for. We could be top this evening!!
UTD

Am quiet optimistic about this season, looking for mid table finish.

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Login to get fewer ads

19/20 Season on 13:59 - Aug 3 with 1474 viewsD_Dale

For anyone with time to plough through it, below is the preview on the Tranmere fans' forum. (It has a couple of snippets about Dale that I've not seen on this board.)

It would be wonderful if BBM could match the 'great escape' form of his managership last season, but as of now I'd settle for 12th (top half, if only just), with a good run in a cup or two. Apart from Hendo, it's hard to see any member of the squad likely to get a double-figure goal tally.

Are we all Excited and Ready for the first game of the season....much love to you all
And im predicting 2 vs 0 to Tranmere

Tranmere have a number of injury problems as they prepare for their first League One game against Rochdale.

The play-off winners will be without four players - Jake Caprice, Ishmael Miller, Corey Blackett-Taylor and Calum Woods. Caprice will be sidelined for up to six weeks with an ankle injury, Miller has suffered another hamstring problem, Blackett-Taylor has a niggle while Woods is close to fitness but this weekend will come too soon.

Woods and Blackett-Taylor are two of eight new faces at Prenton Park, and boss Micky Mellon could throw several recruits into the action.

Rochdale are waiting on Aaron Wilbraham, who has been sidelined with a calf problem and is a major doubt. Eoghan O'Connell and Ollie Rathbone, though, are fit again after struggling with injury during pre-season and come into contention.

Boss Brian Barry-Murphy must decide which of his summer signings to include. Rekeil Pyke, Jimmy Ryan and Rhys Norrington-Davies were the outfield recruits while loanee Brighton goalkeeper Robert Sanchez will hope to put pressure on Josh Lillis.

Opta stats:
This will be the first meeting between Tranmere and Rochdale since the 2011-12 campaign, when both sides were in League One. Indeed, Rovers remained unbeaten against Rochdale that season (W1 D1).

Rochdale are winless in their last 12 away league matches against Tranmere (P12 W0 D5 L7), last winning at Prenton Park back in March 1976.

This will be Tranmere's 30th league campaign in the third tier of English football - indeed, only one of their previous 29 season openers at this level have ended in a draw; 0-0 v Aldershot Town back in August 1973 (P29 W14 D1 L14).

Following their win at Burton on the opening day last season, Rochdale are looking to start their campaign with a victory in back-to-back seasons for the first time since they beat Oxford in 2001-02 and Leyton Orient in 2002-03.

Tranmere boss Micky Mellon is yet to record a victory on the opening day of a Football League campaign as a manger, drawing three and losing two of his previous five such matches.

“Physical reality is actually a mirror: Your physical reality is just a reflection of what you most strongly believe to be true. And like a mirror, physical reality will not change unless you change first”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2019 09:41 by Shaumbra.
19/20 Season on 14:04 - Aug 3 with 1460 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

19/20 Season on 13:05 - Aug 3 by Dale23years

Am quiet optimistic about this season, looking for mid table finish.

Mid table obscurity please with no great escape / last day drama.
19/20 Season on 19:18 - Aug 3 with 1317 viewspnc4eva1

Happy to finish 20th or above. Being league one is still like a dream after years of dross.

After today's performance we should finish above Hury, tranmere and bolton

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024