Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In Light Of All This Reported Financial... 08:33 - Aug 13 with 1934 viewsCleedale

...mismanagement by owners etc. at footie clubs, (call it what you will), I was having a deeper think about this in respect to The Dale. OK, you cannot stop these folk wanting to 'flex' their egos and there's no doubting what huge wealth there is out there (or not)?!!

Also, and has recently happened (and quite possibly happens in hundreds of other ways) a director uses, say shirt sponsorship, to stream income to the pitch and provide extra clout which would normally not be a part of that supposedly 'safe' 60/65% of overall income. ie. You could be a shirt sponsor for £20M over 3 years, (if you've that money), and so the same percentage of that income can then be diverted elsewhere?

Obviously this is hypothetical but quite probably not far from the truth with some club's owners 'play things'.

So, rewind to The Dale. Surely it would be in the efl's interests and that of clubs like ourselves to be seen to be benefiting from keeping books in good order. There could even be a league table whereby the top 5 - 10 receive 'another' lump sum payment every year for doing so. (Surely £300k-£500k would not be out of order and it could be a way whereby more money trickles down, but in a legitimate and fair way).

I doubt it's going to bother very wealthy owners but could be a nice windfall for 'doing it the right way' and it could be a huge difference in our long-term survival; particularly in L1 but also the League - just take a look at all those familiar yesteryear fixtures in non-league.

If you're still with me (and thanks if you are) I read that Lincoln City are 'spent up' on this years playing budget. Their meteoric rise has most probably been ignited by their new chairman's initial investment and so, what were 2,000'ish gates in the Football Conference suddenly becomes 8,000. Can anyone else see where this one 'might be/could be' going?

You can have a read here. Of course it could just be smokescreens but I think not.

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/sport/football/danny-cowley-reveals-theres-no

[Post edited 13 Aug 2019 9:03]
In Light Of All This Reported Financial... on 09:21 - Aug 13 with 1779 viewselectricblue

'There could even be a league table whereby the top 5 - 10 receive 'another' lump sum payment every year for doing so. (Surely £300k-£500k would not be out of order and it could be a way whereby more money trickles down, but in a legitimate and fair way). '

That could create a wider financial gulf between teams in the division.

Then there are sides who have a bigger income than dale and would be in those top 5/10 places every season and earning that money thus creating a bigger financial gulf....

I would prefer that the money be spent up on worth while other ideas....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

In Light Of All This Reported Financial... on 09:32 - Aug 13 with 1750 viewsCleedale

In Light Of All This Reported Financial... on 09:21 - Aug 13 by electricblue

'There could even be a league table whereby the top 5 - 10 receive 'another' lump sum payment every year for doing so. (Surely £300k-£500k would not be out of order and it could be a way whereby more money trickles down, but in a legitimate and fair way). '

That could create a wider financial gulf between teams in the division.

Then there are sides who have a bigger income than dale and would be in those top 5/10 places every season and earning that money thus creating a bigger financial gulf....

I would prefer that the money be spent up on worth while other ideas....

Interesting perspective - good to see another view, so thanks.

Yes, you're right, it could create financial gulfs but then that's happening on a massive scale anyway. As you'll know, £300k aint much these days in football terms BUT it's very much worth it to our club.

You also mention "money be spent up on worth while other ideas".

But what? The pitch?{
In Light Of All This Reported Financial... on 09:38 - Aug 13 with 1728 viewselectricblue

Anything tbh..
I still dont like the idea of rewarding clubs just to live within their means....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024