Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garry Monk 22:23 - Aug 24 with 7811 views34dfgdf54

Still jobless.

Send Lexi our love.
Garry Monk on 14:02 - Aug 26 with 1476 viewsBadlands

I never like hearing that someone is unemployed (unless they want to be) but in Monk's case I'll make an exception.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Garry Monk on 14:03 - Aug 26 with 1475 viewsjacks777

Garry Monk on 13:48 - Aug 26 by Cooperman

Have you got a ST this year, Dwight?
I’ve asked you a few times now and it seems you don’t want to be drawn into answering.

Many Swansea fans don’t have a ST this season. Are you a super fan ?
Garry Monk on 14:28 - Aug 26 with 1453 viewsNotLoyal

Garry Monk on 08:41 - Aug 26 by jacks777

Do certain fans believe Monk deliberately set out to destroy the club. If so go and make an appointment with the doctor.

Monk was a fantastic player for the Swans. Met him a few times and was always polite, and always had time for the fans.

Just have a look in the history books and see who the Swans manager was when we achieved our highest pts tally in the PL, and I don’t remember any fans saying the football was shite during that season. What I do remember though was his name sang/chanted constantly during every game.

Anyone who sings men's names is an idiot.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Garry Monk on 15:34 - Aug 26 with 1423 viewsCooperman

Garry Monk on 14:03 - Aug 26 by jacks777

Many Swansea fans don’t have a ST this season. Are you a super fan ?

What is a super fan?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Garry Monk on 16:28 - Aug 26 with 1371 viewsFireboy2

Garry Monk on 15:34 - Aug 26 by Cooperman

What is a super fan?

Yes i also would like to know the definition of a superfan.
Garry Monk on 16:38 - Aug 26 with 1359 viewsCooperman

Garry Monk on 16:28 - Aug 26 by Fireboy2

Yes i also would like to know the definition of a superfan.

We shall have to wait for DGT to come back online. He’s currently reading Fantasy Wives so he may be a while.

Garry Monk on 17:44 - Aug 26 with 1317 viewscostalotta

Garry Monk on 08:43 - Aug 25 by jacks777

Well said. Make no mistake - a Swansea legend.

That block at Wembley was huge, a split second reaction, it was a massive moment our recent history.

He really shouldn’t have been appointed beyond that care taker role though.
Garry Monk on 17:53 - Aug 26 with 1300 viewsjacks777

Garry Monk on 16:38 - Aug 26 by Cooperman

We shall have to wait for DGT to come back online. He’s currently reading Fantasy Wives so he may be a while.

Do you have a wife ? Being as ugly as you are I doubt you have 😁
Login to get fewer ads

Garry Monk on 20:21 - Aug 26 with 1231 viewsjeza739

Garry Monk on 10:45 - Aug 26 by UplandsJack

Of course not Darren. It was opening day of the season and goals from Ki & Siggy gave us an unexpected win and poured cold water over Van Gaal's first game in charge at OT.
As you also probably recall, we did the double over them that season. But that didnt stop the steady change that eroded the style we had all grown acustomed to.
I've stated a few times over the years since, that it became a major concern to a fair few of the group I was with. I recall the defeat to Blackburn in the cup where we had 2 sent off (Bartley/Siggy) when the start of the boos/unrest on the terraces began.
As I'm sure the majority of fans would now agree, under Monk we became just another mid -lower league team in terms of style /substance.
Which was polar opposite to what got us up and then initially kept us there.
We never recovered from the damage caused under Monk. Just sack, survive and repeat until we finally succumbed to the inevitable.
It has taken a relegation and a massive clear out for us to have the chance to reset.

Absolutely outstanding and 100% accurate
Garry Monk on 21:50 - Aug 26 with 1170 viewsCooperman

Garry Monk on 17:53 - Aug 26 by jacks777

Do you have a wife ? Being as ugly as you are I doubt you have 😁

Garry Monk on 22:21 - Aug 26 with 1142 viewsGVJack

So we're all in agreement then... Monk is a SCFC jack bar steward legend (as a player) and its unfortunate that the fairytale of him taking over the manager Role just didn't work out. Still highly respected and appreciated for all his efforts though
Garry Monk on 07:11 - Aug 27 with 1055 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Garry Monk on 22:21 - Aug 26 by GVJack

So we're all in agreement then... Monk is a SCFC jack bar steward legend (as a player) and its unfortunate that the fairytale of him taking over the manager Role just didn't work out. Still highly respected and appreciated for all his efforts though

No. He was a selfish and egotistical character that cared more about his own prospects than the club. Good central defender and captain for us but sh*t over his legacy by ruining the club as manager. Looked down massively on the supporters too, stinking attitude.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Garry Monk on 09:47 - Aug 27 with 985 viewsBarryTownSwam

Garry Monk on 13:23 - Aug 26 by UplandsJack

Yes it was a shockingly poor/lazy decision by Jenkins.
He thought he could get away with putting who he thought at the time, was his puppet in position on the cheap and also at the same time appoint himself as dof.

I’ve posted on here previously that I know on good authority that it was Monk’s suggestion for Jenkins to become an unofficial DoF, not the other way around. Monk persisted this stance during the manager job negotiations arguing that one reason for the drop in form over Monk’s watch was having to do ‘all the other manager bits’ rather than develop the players on the training pitch’. Monk mooted that if Jenkins took some of the ‘non-coaching bits’ off him Monk would prove to be ‘the real deal’. Jenkins got sucked in to believing he was doing Monk (and the club) a favour by taking on more and more of the DoF role in order to give Monk the support Monk kept telling Jenkins he needed. It could be argued by some that Monk, as a rookie manager, genuinely needed this support but Jenkins wasn’t up to the mark. It could be claimed by others that Monk knew he had s real fight on his hands to justify a permanent role so charmed his way into the permanent role via Jenkins’ ego.
Garry Monk on 10:54 - Aug 27 with 952 viewsNotLoyal

Garry Monk on 09:47 - Aug 27 by BarryTownSwam

I’ve posted on here previously that I know on good authority that it was Monk’s suggestion for Jenkins to become an unofficial DoF, not the other way around. Monk persisted this stance during the manager job negotiations arguing that one reason for the drop in form over Monk’s watch was having to do ‘all the other manager bits’ rather than develop the players on the training pitch’. Monk mooted that if Jenkins took some of the ‘non-coaching bits’ off him Monk would prove to be ‘the real deal’. Jenkins got sucked in to believing he was doing Monk (and the club) a favour by taking on more and more of the DoF role in order to give Monk the support Monk kept telling Jenkins he needed. It could be argued by some that Monk, as a rookie manager, genuinely needed this support but Jenkins wasn’t up to the mark. It could be claimed by others that Monk knew he had s real fight on his hands to justify a permanent role so charmed his way into the permanent role via Jenkins’ ego.

So Monk suckered Jenkins ?
Fück are you sure ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Garry Monk on 12:12 - Aug 27 with 930 viewsBadlands

Garry Monk on 09:47 - Aug 27 by BarryTownSwam

Thanks, and interesting read.
So Monk, having publicly slagged off Sousa and worked very hard behind the scenes to get the managers job realised after a few weeks it was bigger than he could cope with!
The ***** should have been made to make a public apology to both managers he wasn't fit to lick the boots of.
I would agree that as he would be 'a rookie manager' Monk should not have been considered for the job.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Garry Monk on 08:37 - Aug 28 with 792 viewsswanforthemoney

Garry Monk on 14:28 - Aug 26 by NotLoyal

Anyone who sings men's names is an idiot.

I do and I’m not.

I stand in the North Stand

Garry Monk on 09:05 - Aug 28 with 751 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Garry Monk on 08:37 - Aug 28 by swanforthemoney

I do and I’m not.

We love you not loyal, we do!

Garry Monk on 09:08 - Aug 28 with 747 viewsWarwickHunt

Garry Monk on 09:05 - Aug 28 by Brynmill_Jack

We love you not loyal, we do!

We love you Loyal and Belfy too...
Garry Monk on 09:11 - Aug 28 with 741 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Garry Monk on 09:08 - Aug 28 by WarwickHunt

We love you Loyal and Belfy too...

Are you going to Leeds Wor Warwick?

Garry Monk on 09:21 - Aug 28 with 736 viewsWarwickHunt

Garry Monk on 09:11 - Aug 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Are you going to Leeds Wor Warwick?

Can’t make it, Steve - down in Plymouth sorting my late mother-in-law’s house out...
Garry Monk on 18:11 - Aug 28 with 651 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Garry Monk on 09:21 - Aug 28 by WarwickHunt

Can’t make it, Steve - down in Plymouth sorting my late mother-in-law’s house out...

Oh, sorry to hear you lost your mum in law. My condolences.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024